NEW BID say SSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's business tactics on behalf of MM, I believe he genuinely wants in on the 15th to allow time to asses the whole club, especially the monkeys on the pitch prior to the transfer window. I don't think he's bluffing, should he not be in on the 15th he may still reconsider, but I don't think he's bluffing

I'm not saying he's bluffing about the 15th just that he's not going to throw his toys out of the pram if the club talk to someone else as long as the 15th is still on.

I'm not saying he's bluffing about the 15th just that he's not going to throw his toys out of the pram if the club talk to someone else as long as the 15th is still on.

From the TV interview it seemed pretty conclusive from his reaction that it was 15th dec or no deal. But who knows, maybe MM is very good at poker...

Last edited:
Oh my gawd:eek:

Go away for a couple of days and I come back to find myself centre stage.

Now, do I say

a "I can categorically state I am totally unconnected with any bid, real or imagined" :102:

b I have not been posting for a couple of days because I have been busily involved in certain confidential corporate activities" :biggrin:

c I like being enigmatic :icon_roll

All or any of which might well be true. Or not. :081:

Following on from John Barber's post on the Fox message board, I would be very surprised if the current shareholders agreed to make significant investment through a rights issue when the is little gaurentee that this additional investment would deliver the necessary returns to justify such a commitment, especially when the other option offers the opportunity to recoup a major percentage of their original investment and the chance to recoup the balance should the club become successful.

Surely a rights issue would be seen as throwing good money after bad.

Following on from John Barber's post on the Fox message board, I would be very surprised if the current shareholders agreed to make significant investment through a rights issue when the is little gaurentee that this additional investment would deliver the necessary returns to justify such a commitment, especially when the other option offers the opportunity to recoup a major percentage of their original investment and the chance to recoup the balance should the club become successful.

Surely a rights issue would be seen as throwing good money after bad.

If they are going to put more dosh in why not let MM have their shares for nothing as long as he agrees to spend every penny on players or pays off £6M of the stadium debt?? :102:

Thats if they really are city fans of course.

Or not giving your toy away to the big boys because they'll look after it better and make it more shiny

Good point, however money talks and I would be very surprised if they allow their ego's to cloud their business judgement, remember their only other available option at present is to dig even deeper into their own pockets, some shareholders may not be able to afford to do this, whilst others may feel they have already done enough and feel now is the time to let somebody else take the club forward and recoup their original outlay.

If they are going to put more dosh in why not let MM have their shares for nothing as long as he agrees to spend every penny on players or pays off £6M of the stadium debt?? :102:

Thats if they really are city fans of course.

I would not be surprised to see some of the major shareholders and existing Directors approach Mandaric and perhaps offer to add further investment or accept a discounted rate on their existing shareholding in order to preserve a seat on the board.

I would not be surprised to see Andrew Taylor and Tony Lander remain in some capacity after the takeover. AT maybe taking TNBD's role, remember Mandaric was chairman at Pompey but he still had Peter Storry operating as Cheif Exec.

An old news article about Barrie Pierpoint at Portsmouth
http://archive.thisishampshire.net/2000/12/19/80645.html

That was two years after Mandaric took over, and they were being described as a "cash crisis club", and were losing loads of money.

Might reinforce the view that the real person behind Portsmouth's success was Harry Redknapp, and without him Mandaric would have failed.

Barber talks b*llocks part 42 - I paraphrase " the club have to make a regulatory announcement ". NO they do not - they are not a publicly quoted company. Twit!

Might reinforce the view that the real person behind Portsmouth's success was Harry Redknapp, and without him Mandaric would have failed.
I've read lots of books by succesful business people. The one thing they ALL have in common is they have one or two members of their teams that they can't manage without, in fact they put a lot of their success down to that one person

If Redknapp was MM's man at Portsmouth I see nothing to worry about with that

That is what MM was saying in his interview, "you need good people around you".

According to The Sun

Clubs promoted to the Premiership in May will be guaranteed £50m; the £30m for each FAPL team plus £10m parachute payments for two years

You can understand why Mandaric wants to invest in us based on this information, especially if he believes he has the resources at his disposal to deliver premiership football.

I've read lots of books by succesful business people. The one thing they ALL have in common is they have one or two members of their teams that they can't manage without, in fact they put a lot of their success down to that one person

If Redknapp was MM's man at Portsmouth I see nothing to worry about with that

That is what MM was saying in his interview, "you need good people around you".

But it took several managers before he found the right man - and then he fell out with him!

According to The Sun

Clubs promoted to the Premiership in May will be guaranteed £50m; the £30m for each FAPL team plus £10m parachute payments for two years

You can understand why Mandaric wants to invest in us based on this information, especially if he believes he has the resources at his disposal to deliver premiership football.

What's surprised me is that there haven't been more takeovers of clubs at this level.
Someone with loads of money might see it as a good risk, buying a club on the cheap, and then collecting the sky cash if they go up. I'm not talking about 'football people' taking over clubs, but people who just want to make some money and don't mind a high risk for potential high rewards. Buy a few players, get promoted, spend no more on players and hope by a miracle you stay up. If you don't you still collect your £50 million.

But if you're going to buy a club with the intention of getting promoted and staying in the Premisrship you can expect to have to spend all the extra cash to have a good chance of staying up. Most of the money will just end up with the players and agents, and widens the gap between the haves and have nots, which can't be good for the game as a whole.

What's surprised me is that there haven't been more takeovers of clubs at this level.
Someone with loads of money might see it as a good risk, buying a club on the cheap, and then collecting the sky cash if they go up. I'm not talking about 'football people' taking over clubs, but people who just want to make some money and don't mind a high risk for potential high rewards. Buy a few players, get promoted, spend no more on players and hope by a miracle you stay up. If you don't you still collect your £50 million.

I dont think MM has tried to hide that fact that this is pretty much exactly what hes trying to do.

I dont think MM has tried to hide that fact that this is pretty much exactly what hes trying to do.

That's not what he's said.
I think MM is more likely to try to keep the club in the Premiership and then sell the club, like he did with Portsmouth, because he's a 'football man'. But if you were doing it just to make money you might make more money more quickly by getting promoted and then not spending money on players, just pocketing the Premiership cash.

That's not what he's said.
I think MM is more likely to try to keep the club in the Premiership and then sell the club, like he did with Portsmouth, because he's a 'football man'. But if you were doing it just to make money you might make more money more quickly by getting promoted and then not spending money on players, just pocketing the Premiership cash.

Agreed, but keep us in the Premiership for 5 years without ever really making progress and continually pocket £5 mil for yourself? Sounds like a better plan to me - then move onto another championship club and do much the same?

I don't think he is a 'footballing man' I think he is a business man, with a good understanding of football.

Agreed, but keep us in the Premiership for 5 years without ever really making progress and continually pocket £5 mil for yourself? Sounds like a better plan to me - then move onto another championship club and do much the same?

There's no guarantee that any team will stay in the Premiership. If you're competing with teams that are established at that level it might take more than the Sky money just to get to their level. The new Sky contract will just make it even more difficult for promoted teams to compete.

I can't understand why some people on here refuse to question MM's motives - or even his past. All they see is Pompys current position - which imo was almost totally as a result of Rednapp.

Why does everyone forget when he fell out with Harry and appointed some idiot who very very nearly got them relegated. That was ALL MM!

I haven't seen one person bring this up so far, and why? because everyone wants to beleive were going to be a Premiership come May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669