NEW BID say SSN

Status
Not open for further replies.
:081: :081: :081: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
w00t.gif
w00t.gif
w00t.gif

A rights issue, honestly!!!

So whats all this talk of another potential takeover??

A rights issue, honestly!!!

So whats all this talk of another potential takeover??

I don't know. :icon_conf :icon_conf :102: However for the good of the Club something needs to happen quickly otherwise we could miss the January window and that could mean the difference of playing in this League for another year. :icon_sad:

RL reports:

"The possibility of MM becoming the new owner of LCFC has moved a step closer today..."

The club have 2 options
-MM offer
-Rights issue

A rights issue might not be that far fetched.

When the consortium was originally put together it was done so with the idea of no one having more than a small share of the club. There may have been people who were prepared to invest more at the time but were unable to do so because of this.

But if the club is prepared to change this rule to allow MM to take over, there's no reason why it should still be in place for existing shareholders.

So it could be that rather than a consortium of current shareholders making an offer to buy the club, they're just going to increase their shareholding.

doubt it would involve David Wilson as he has already publicly backedthe MM bid. He would be pissing on his own doorstep if it was him

"and if it is............ someones going to look really stupid if mandy turns round and says **** it....... I'M OFF........ because it could turn out to be the demise we all fear. "

If MM is dissuaded that easily it would signify to me that he was not really interested and would not have been a good custodian of our club. We want someone whose intentions are pure, I think.

God, it's like being a princess isn't it?!? Who is the prince, and who is Rumpelstiltskin?

Prince did what to your foreskin?:icon_eek:

Ok, transcript of the RL report:

"The possibility of Milan Mandaric becoming the new owner of Leicester City has taken a major step forward this evening. Speaking back on Saturday the Foxes Chairman Andrew Taylor had said the club wouldn't rush any decision, 'the decision that needs to be taken is not just one about the financial situation, compelling and important though that is, it's about the direction of the whole club, of where the football club goes'. Now BBC Radio Leicester understands the club hope the former Chairman of Portsmouth will meet their assurances ahead of Saturday's Extraordinary General Meeting. The Foxes major shareholders will be given two options, to accept Mr Mandaric's offer or dig deep in their own pockets for a rights issue and come up with substantial investment themselves."

A rights issue might not be that far fetched.

When the consortium was originally put together it was done so with the idea of no one having more than a small share of the club. There may have been people who were prepared to invest more at the time but were unable to do so because of this.

But if the club is prepared to change this rule to allow MM to take over, there's no reason why it should still be in place for existing shareholders.

So it could be that rather than a consortium of current shareholders making an offer to buy the club, they're just going to increase their shareholding.

Sadly I don't think the board wil let go.

We need someone who can run the club and put us on the map, were fairly stable but going nowhere

It's possibly the most dull time I have ever known post MON both off and on the field (except the MM frenzy)

Ok, transcript of the RL report:

"The possibility of Milan Mandaric becoming the new owner of Leicester City has taken a major step forward this evening. Speaking back on Saturday the Foxes Chairman Andrew Taylor had said the club wouldn't rush any decision, 'the decision that needs to be taken is not just one about the financial situation, compelling and important though that is, it's about the direction of the whole club, of where the football club goes'. Now BBC Radio Leicester understands the club hope the former Chairman of Portsmouth will meet their assurances ahead of Saturday's Extraordinary General Meeting. The Foxes major shareholders will be given two options, to accept Mr Mandaric's offer or dig deep in their own pockets for a rights issue and come up with substantial investment themselves."

Now that sounds better:)

I want MM. He's gonna be the best man for the job. He knows football, clearly he has plenty of passion, not to mention an excellent relationship with the fans from every club which he's owned, and lastly, hes patient and taking the boards idiotic indecisiveness.

Lets clear this whole thing up. Posted on foxfanzine by John Barber:

John Barber said:
Hi All,

I hope I can clear this up for you all. The announcement made by Leicester City today was simply to inform shareholders formally that they are negotiating with someone about a takeover.

The club HAVE to make a formal regulatory statement of the offer.

There is effectiveley nothing new in all of this ... just the club satifiying the takerovers and mergers people.

It doesn't mean that anything new has happened today, and you shouldn't read too much into it.

Having said that, it certainly does look like the Manadaric bid is very close to getting the nod.

If they can get guarentees about future financing and transfer budgets etc. then that will go to the shareholders on Saturday.

The only other option they will be given is to undertake a huge Rights Issue to bring in a massive investment from the current shareholders.

Keep an ear to the radio Saturday, and as soon as anything develops I'll let you know.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

link

I hope to billyo that Mr Barber is right this time

There is absolutely nothing on Sky Sports news or in that article to suggest another offer.

Dare I start the chant?

Go on then...

We've Got Milanio
We've Got Milanio
We've Got Milanio
We've Got Milanio

We've got Milan who's rich
you've got a drunken bitch!

Get in bitches it is happening!

dont get distracted we are 14th in the league.. If MM does come great but lets concentrate on 3 points vs Preston on Saturday!!!

This isn't exactly new, news so dont get carried away, just wait to see what happens on Saturday, hopefully we do get MM but if we don't and someone else comes in atleast its new investment, at the end of the day the current shareholders saved us dont forget that!! They will also sell the club at the value they want to, after all they are business men.

dont get distracted we are 14th in the league.
At this time of year league position is totally irrelevant. I'd rather be 14th and 4 pts from the play offs than 10th and 8 points from the play offs.

Our season is far from over. (unless they carry on playing like pricks of course)

At this time of year league position is totally irrelevant. I'd rather be 14th and 4 pts from the play offs than 10th and 8 points from the play offs.

Spot on, especially with the way the league is. The fact that we went up 2 places after a disappointing draw v Plymouth just shows how pointless it is to look at the league positions.

Bollox!
If this IS a new bid, it will surely slow down the decision on accepting MM's bid, as this new one is in the 'early stages'. MM has said that he wants to be owner before 15th December, and if this will not happen by 15th Dec he will walk!
The board will be cutting it fine if they take as long to ponder the new bid as they have done with MM's!

Brinksmanship on the part of Mandaric. He is a businessman and if he think's he's in for a good thing why would he strop off just because he heard the board were talking to someone else. If they came back to MM and said 'this bid is far better, can you improve yours' then he might do. But there's nothing to say that is they case. Is there?

I don't think it's business tactics on behalf of MM, I believe he genuinely wants in on the 15th to allow time to asses the whole club, especially the monkeys on the pitch prior to the transfer window. I don't think he's bluffing, should he not be in on the 15th he may still reconsider, but I don't think he's bluffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566