New ex-players (and managers) thread

I played against Ashley Chambers earlier in Quorn. He seemed nice.

Yeah, we can all say that now. I lost the faith and anyone who didn't is a mad man

Logically I could see we were very likely to go down, but the fixtures told me we had a good chance. It was a very confusing time.
I was the opposite. I felt sure we'd stay up but had you told me what we'd need to do to achieve that, I'd have said no way.

I was the opposite. I felt sure we'd stay up but had you told me what we'd need to do to achieve that, I'd have said no way.

This. Seven wins and a draw from nine was inconceivable.

Four wins was more plausible (but still unlikely given the rest of the season thus far ) but still looked a tall order.

I doubt I will ever see anything quite like that again in my lifetime.

Speaking to friends who are fans of other clubs they are all really pleased we survived in the way we did and (as happens sometimes) love the David and Goliath way in which we survived.

People will for years speak of 'doing a Leicester'.

Four wins was more plausible (but still unlikely given the rest of the season thus far ) but still looked a tall order.

Speaking to friends who are fans of other clubs they are all really pleased we survived in the way we did and (as happens sometimes) love the David and Goliath way in which we survived.

Images of those games came flooding back as I read the post.

The fluffed shot converted by King at West Ham, Vardy's winner and celebration at West Brom, Ulloa running all the way to the bench after scoring against Swansea, the penalty missed by Burnley and scoring at the other end within a minute, tearing Newcastle apart and even Morgan getting a goal, the final whistle at Sunderland, the battering of QPR.

Goosebumps...

Bitter experience of too many top flight relegations, often at the same time watching Cov pull off their usual escapology act, meant that for me, by March, it definitely seemed like "fold up your tent and slope off" time. I don't recall us ever mounting a successful escape, the odd last day victory and the MON team's first season last week flourish being about as good as it ever got. I always thought this was because historically as a club we underinvested, and ran out of puff after Xmas as lack of resources and injuries took their toll.

Well, times have changed haven't they? Magic.

Claims he was signed by director of football then told first day of pre season he wasn't wanted.

Also apparently on a decent whack. What a farce our club was under Mandy.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463