New Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are not many managers who bring in 14 new players, get a resounding 4 - 1 win at home, have a traumatic game in midweek which gets abandoned............and then gets the sack!! Poor Martin Allen.

I have to say though I have faith in Milan Mandaric. Clearly there was a problem behind the scenes with Martin Allen. Whether it was his training methods, attitude, views on players or relationships with the board, something wasn't right. Whilst I liked Martin Allen, if Milan feels he was not right for the Club, then you have to go with that. He has invested heavily in Leicester City and wants a good return on that investment. He took a risk in appointing Allen and it clearly didn't work.

Don't be surprised now if he turns to someone with far greater experience, probably with premiership experience, which is why the likes of Warnock, Roeder, Jewell and Megson are being banded about. I am not saying this is right, but the one thing I will say is that all football fans are fickle!! Whoever we get, if we wins games we'll love him, and if he loses games we'll loathe him, so forget the name of the person we get, just judge them on their results, caus thats what we always do!!

It is a moot point that anyone applying for the job will know that they will not be able to do what they want because of the pervading interference of MM; therefore the ones who really could help us are precisely the ones who won't apply - leaving us with tossers like Warnock, Roeder etc

MA is not coming back so lets just get behind who ever comes in and hope that he is successful.

The problem is in knowing if the new wonder manager is going to stay long enough for it to be worth getting behind him. All of us who 'got behind' Martin Allen are now held up to ridicule.

MM is now looking for manager number 13 in 9 years - and remember that Harry Redknapp was in charge for a lot of that!

How about George Burley who is struggling with his board at Saints and having to sell all his players?

It will be this Rodgers fella, if you were underwhelmed by MA's arrival as I was, what would you make of Rodgers? :icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00