Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
if there is no announcement today then surely the new manager is already in work

Or we still haven't decided anyone at all.

Last edited:
Clark was at that at one point. So was O'Neill. It means less than nothing.

Pearson would be a fool to come back here.

If any of the rumours from sources close to MON are to be believed, then it would be unlikely that he would return on anything other than totally his own terms written into his contract - cannot be sacked for at least 12 months, hire and fire who he wants, players and back-room staff, minimum transfer/wages budget available in January window etc. So, therefore it would not be foolish.

Personally my message to Top is: If MON is interested, just sign whatever it takes. MON is the outstanding candidate of those names we have seen.

Too much faith in MON being expressed, even if he does come back. The owners can't give him carte blanche. That would be madness.

The Mail don't have a clue.

Does anyone?

The romantic in me says that MON will be introduced to the fans at half time tomorrow as our new manager. City go on to win 3 - 1, having been 1 down at half time. Beckford scores a brace.
Result puts City in the top six, and never look back :)

Oh the suspense!!!!!

Apparently Lee Clarke had asked Walseh to be his assistant if he got the job. Im sure Chambo could confirm or deny this?

I agree in the case of Pearson, but not O'Neill. Pearson is building his CV as a manager and a double sacking from Leicester would be detrimental. Were O'Neill to come, he has the credentials and could shrug off a second spell here, were things to go wrong.

When was he sacked once?

It's round the corner.

Oh feck, Bobby.

I've spent the best part of this morning reflecting on my absurd dream of a MON return. I'd decided to give it up and accept mediocrity.

Now you come on here spouting this sort of stuff.

Are you on a wind up?

No-one can be sure of anything. The lack of information coming from the club means that the bookies are no more in the know than the papers or any of us. The whole lot is just speculation, there seems to be a different bookies favourite every day and this is going to be fuelled more by the market than any insider knowledge. The papers have to fill their columns so, once again, any name will do. We know who we want and everyone seems to have a different preffered candidate. The only thing we really know for sure is that we know **** all.

I suspect that the owners know who they want, they're just taking their time ensuring that they get their man. Whilst they might not have vast footballing knowledge, they don't need it, they will have plenty of people arround them who do, they haven't become as successful as they have without a keen business accumen. That is what will get us the manager to bring us the success we all want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669