Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and Profoundless are off your heads.

How on earth have we gone backwards? We've got fantastic owners with money and a real driving ambition to see this club successful.

We've got a fantastic Premier quality squad of players. Much better than under Pearson.

I agree with you, I think the club has gone forward in the short time since Pearson left but I can see where others are coming from in a sense that we have not really gone forward in a playing sense. We have a better squad, and are better off financially but yet football is a results business and results haven't improved despite being better off in other ways.

Personally, I'd prefer MON back, and I'd prefer Davies in over Pearson too. But if it were to be him, I think we could do much worse.

I'm in the distinctly uncomfortable position of agreeing with Filthy. I'm also unaccustomed to disagreeing with Prof. But the appointment of Pearson would be an enormous step in the wrong direction. We do not need a manager who routinely falls out with potential key players, and we do not need a manager who has signed so many poor players in the past. Pearson is absolutely not the man for the job.

I am going to get slated for this but if any of our former managers are to return then for me it has to be Pearson. My concern with MON returning is that it is only likely to be short term and come the next big job becoming available we will be back to square one, if Pearson comes back it is more likely to give stability, plus he has only been away for 17 months, the staff and a good number of players are still here from his time, it would provide some form of continiuity, MON has been away for over a decade it will take a long time for him to rebuild what he had. Also look at some of the players Pearson bought in Cleverley, Davies, Spearing and I genuinely believe that he would invest the Thais money wisely and is therefore the sounder choice for the long term future of our club.

Can all these people who say we have a better squad than we did under Pearson please tell me what they are basing this on? Because I have really seen nothing from our current squad to suggest it's anything other than an average Championship squad. I completely agree with PF, I think people are being blinded about how good our squad actually is by the glamour and the amount of money we spent.

Also, Pearson's record with signings for us was excellent. Definitely not a manager who signed so many "poor players." Every manager makes the odd clanger, even Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourinho have bought their fair share of shit. I reckon Pearon only bought in about 2 or 3 poor players in his time here and bought many more good players and the only players Pearson bought who were poor were either free transfers or loans and ended up being replaced by much better players.

I remember people constantly praising NP and Steve Walsh when they were here for their ability to sign unknowns and get them doing well.

Last edited:
[we] are [currently] better off financially

Really? I'd say we are almost certainly in a hell of a lot more debt, probably tens of millions more, than we were under Pearson.

Last edited:
Did anyone hear Pearson's interview on Radio Hull? Didn't really want to talk about it but wouldn't rule himself out either.

He's a moody arse, isn't he?

Good manager though, who definitely wasn't ruling anything out.

Can you summarise, I can't be arsed to listen :)

He wouldn't discuss it really and made a comment along the lines of :

Pearson: "I just want to finish the press stuff and be with the people I care about"
Reporter: "Well the Hull fans care about you and don't want to lose you"
Pearson: "Oh do the now, well then, is that so"

End of interview. He didn't seem to believe the guy, and after a previous comment about how he'd had some flack from the fans, I assumed it was linked.

He wouldn't discuss it really and made a comment along the lines of :

Pearson: "I just want to finish the press stuff and be with the people I care about"
Reporter: "Well the Hull fans care about you and don't want to lose you"
Pearson: "Oh do the now, well then, is that so"

End of interview. He didn't seem to believe the guy, and after a previous comment about how he'd had some flack from the fans, I assumed it was linked.

Ta :)

The lack of managers from the top two tiers above 3 years is shocking really.

almost half of the managers on the list have less than 1 year in post. job security out the window, hope on the merry-go-round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669