Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of saying what it "sounds like", you could always look at their results and the league table to get the facts.

Why let facts get in the way of a good moan.

Are people seriously suggesting Ray Wilkins? My word.

Ray "stay on your feet" Wilkins
The rules of the Ray Wilkins' drinking game are as follows:
1 sip of lager/cider every time Ray says Superb
2 sips every time Ray says Magnificent
3 sips every time Ray says my word or young man
4 sips every time Ray calls a player by his first name
and finally, 2 shots every time Ray says... Stay on your feet

the most honest man in football right now. "Stay on your feet, don't go to ground". love it.
#gethimin

There's a Facebook page here

Instead of saying what it "sounds like", you could always look at their results and the league table to get the facts.

They've scored more goals than any other team in League One this season (33 in 15 games), and have the best goal difference.

Now, now Mr Sensible. This is a forum. You must NEVER let facts get in the way of an opinionated sweeping generalisation.

"Classic Gold", which I am reliably informed is a radio station broadcasting popular music, are reporting that we have approached Huddersfield for permission to talk to Lee Clark.

The job would be a massive gamble for lee clarke, who in the early stages of his career, will be putting his reputation at stake. Svens two biggest qualities were that he had massive respect from every player at the club. With a squad the size of ours and with characters such as Beckford this should not overlooked. There will be some very unhappy players being dropped as the new manager tries tro find his best 11 and losing the dressing room will have us dreaming of the day we were 2 points outside of the playoffs. Svens other major quality was his ability to attract players to the club. Without any proof i think a decent percentage of the players arriving at our club over the last year both signed and loanees may not have done so wihtout Sven at the helm.

Sven was not without fault and the lack of ambition away from home was a problem but not one that could have been sorted out.

The answer was to bring in 2 or 3 quality coaches to aid sven in getting us out this league.

To just sack him though without (which seems increasingly likely) not having a new manager lined up is borderline criminal at this ealry stage of the season. One which i think will come back to haunt us sooner rather than later.

Who ever takes up the job needs full backing of the club players and fans to get out of this frankly average division as soon as possible, whether that Lee Clarke or Roy Keane!

Problem is, i just dont think this will happen.

Steve Claridge is talking a lot of sense here.....

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....er-City-star/story-13689179-detail/story.html

I also believe it would be very arrogant of MON to have said he didn't even want to listen to what Top & Co have to say before making any decision so I hope they do all they can to at least have a meeting with him.

Who knows? If we try hard enough he could be persuaded. All the other candidates, excepting Billy Davies, don't inspire me with any confidence that they can get us out of here.

let's face it. Whoever we get will be ace and get us promoted so I don't really care.

"Classic Gold", which I am reliably informed is a radio station broadcasting popular music, are reporting that we have approached Huddersfield for permission to talk to Lee Clark.

This just been published. So it could be Lee Clark. But is Top thinking of having someone to help in the same way Sven did at Notts County and perhaps Sven would not accept that role at City so had to go. I mean Clark has good standing on the coaching side of things but needs help on the other side which needs an experienced and older head if that is the case who would they have in mind.
Former Leicester City manager Martin O’Neill turned down the opportunity to manage at Leicester City again, after former England manager Sven Eriksson had been sacked for poor performance this season.

And the news is that the 39 year-old Geordie, whose ambition is to eventually manage his home town club, Newcastle United, seems next in line, and he’s now the bookie’s favorite.

Clark has been manager at the League One club since mid-December 2008, and in 162 games as manager he has won exactly half of them, 81, and so has a 50% win rate which is good.

Lee has drawn 45 and lost 36 of those other 81 games, and has Huddersfield in second place in League One, just 3 points behind Charlton Athletic, after just failing to be promoted last season.

And Huddersfield have lost just one of their last 40 games – and that was the play-off defeat against Peterborough last season.

Lee Clark is now favorite to join Leicester City, although he has said a few times he has no desire to leave Huddersfield, but this could be an excellent opportunity for the former Newcastle player and coach.

The rich Leicester City Thai owners will want instant results, so the job will be intense, but if he wants to manage Newcastle one day, he will need to get used to that intensity.

Lee has done very well in management, learning his trade at Newcastle and following Glenn Roeder to Norwich City, when Glen became manager there.

Lee has now been at Huddersfield Town almost three years and has done a great job there, and is showing all the characteristics of a good young manager in the making.

The Championship club are 14th in the Championship, with 19 points from 13 games, and they had hoped to quickly fill the vacancy by appointing O’Neill.

But it seems Martin wants to return to management with a Premier League side.

This just been published. So it could be Lee Clark. But is Top thinking of having someone to help in the same way Sven did at Notts County and perhaps Sven would not accept that role at City so had to go. I mean Clark has good standing on the coaching side of things but needs help on the other side which needs an experienced and older head if that is the case who would they have in mind.

Why get rid/let "Faz" go if this is the case tho, as prior to joining us he was alongside Clark ?

Stringer says Dave Jones has applied for the job

Truly our cup feckin' runneth over.....

By a Newcastle fan on a blog. He doesn't know any more than the rest of us, he's just rehashing what has been said elsewhere.

Doesn't that apply to most of the reports and in deed postings on here:icon_wink

Why get rid/let "Faz" go if this is the case tho, as prior to joining us he was alongside Clark ?
Faz was there as coach. the point I was making before was Clark having a "fatherly" type figure who would advise and help on the transfer front and help bringing in players dealing with the media etc,

Definition of 'Bullshitting twat":

5e74874c-9f09-13dc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673