Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more you write, the more I think you are unhinged.

Do you think Abramovich will ever get back what he's put into Chelsea? Or what the owner of Man City is investing will ever give him a profit?

You're out of touch with reality mate.

Hi Kettle, it's Mr Pot here. You're black.

Do you think Abramovich will ever get back what he's put into Chelsea? Or what the owner of Man City is investing will ever give him a profit?

There are lots of other examples of people buying clubs, lending them money, signing players on long expensive contracts, then pulling out and leaving the club in a mess.

There are lots of other examples of people buying clubs, lending them money, signing players on long expensive contracts, then pulling out and leaving the club in a mess.

Filthy Rich has been a fan for 50 years, how dare you argue with him?

Abromovich is owed money a hell of a lot of it and can pull out at any time: http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...xYGWBQ&usg=AFQjCNE1JhRtEut9iPRFRSXTAAgBVpPP2Q

Personally I think anyone who is comparing us with Chelsea or ManCity is out of touch with reality. There's two very big differences and they are:

1. Chelsea and ManCity are now huge global brands and their owner can make millions, if not billions out of. We are and never will pull in anywhere near that kind of money or have anywhere near that kind of financial pulling power which will keep the owners happy.

2. The money Chelsea and ManCity spend is a drop in the ocean to their owners, whereas (and I'll keep harping on about it, because still no one has properly given any evidence against it) the money our owners have spent really isn't a drop in the ocean and if we keep spending the kind of money they are doing for the next couple of years without getting promotion we are going to be in trouble. I can't believe people are just happy to ignore the figures we have in front of us about their wealth and just saying "oh, KP are worth much more than that" without actually having any evidence, especially after the disastrous time we had going into admin. The last thing I want to see is for us to go into admin again and it's concerning the way we are going about our business with owners who don't seem to be that rich (in footballing terms).

Last edited:
1. Chelsea and ManCity are now huge global brands and their owner can make millions, if not billions out of. We are and never will pull in anywhere near that kind of money or have anywhere near that kind of financial pulling power which will keep the owners happy.

No doubt the Man City fans were thinking along similar lines when comparing themselves to Man U whilst at a low ebb in League One..

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do seem to have a rather 'glass half empty' sort of attitude. These are fairly uncertain times for a club, it could all go tits up and we could wind up having a successful period again and the excitement of watching our club grow. Ultimately we're at an early stage of the process and there's not much you can do about it one way or the other :icon_lol:

No doubt the Man City fans were thinking along similar lines when comparing themselves to Man U whilst at a low ebb in League One..

Don't take this the wrong way, but you do seem to have a rather 'glass half empty' sort of attitude. These are fairly uncertain times for a club, it could all go tits up and we could wind up having a successful period again and the excitement of watching our club grow. Ultimately we're at an early stage of the process and there's not much you can do about it one way or the other :icon_lol:

ManCity didn't have the multi-billionaire owners then though, so I don't see your point.

I completely agree with what you're saying about it being an uncertain time and could go either way. I've never said we are going to go bust, I was just pointing out that our owners would not put money into our club out of their own back pockets, for one thing: why? What motive do they have to do this? And I think that anyone who thinks we are in a much better financial situation than we were when Pearson left is being naive, there's no way we are not millions, probably tens in millions, pounds more in debt than we were then and we are definitely a lot less self-sufficient than we were then.

I never have a "glass half empty" attitude, mate, never believe in it, never have done. You're welcome to look back through my posts during our time under Pearson or last season when SGE was doing well and seeing the exact opposite, I'm just don't agree with the short-termist attitude our current owners have and I'm trying to get my head round the money our owners are putting in, because it just seems like there's something wrong here. People who are worth only as much as they are are playing a very risky game here. All I want is to see my club financially secure, I do not want a repeat of 10 years ago in any shape or form.

Last edited:
Has the speculation got so tedious now that everyone has got a bit argumentative? Oh good.

If there is any actual news/speculation (rather than arguing) can you post it in big red letters so I don't need to read through all the drivel to find it? Ta.

I just don't agree with the short-termist attitude our current owners have......

From everything they have ever said since they took over, I've always understood their attitude to be exactly the opposite.

I don't understand where or when they have ever given anyone the impression they are only in it for the short term quick buck.

From everything they have ever said since they took over, I've always understood their attitude to be exactly the opposite.

I don't understand where or when they have ever given anyone the impression they are only in it for the short term quick buck.

I think you're missing my point, my point is, if we don't go up within 2 or 3 years we could be in real trouble if we keep spending like this and I don't like their short-termist and naive approach to the footballing side. They seem to think you can just throw money at things and get promoted by buying a load of players in one transfer window then sacking the manager if he hasn't got them in the top 6 after 2 or 3 months.

As usual, you've deliberately misunderstood my post, missed the point of it entirely, and made up bits of your own. As a consequence, I'll be treating it as it deserves, and not replying to its content.

That's horribly convenient isn't it? Did I miss the sub-text? I responded word to word to a spiralling column of projectile goblin vomit from someone who, I'd imagine, has spent the past ten years trying to pass ASDA's social competence assessment and this is the reply! Come on, you can do better than that.

Would you say you are more or less intelligent than Wayne Brown?

I think you're missing my point, my point is, if we don't go up within 2 or 3 years we could be in real trouble if we keep spending like this and I don't like their short-termist and naive approach to the footballing side. They seem to think you can just throw money at things and get promoted by buying a load of players in one transfer window then sacking the manager if he hasn't got them in the top 6 after 2 or 3 months.

To be fair, it's working for Man City.

It's true that spending money on good players and a good manager doesn't automatically mean you get a good team.

Nevertheless, I believe we have good, well-intentioned owners and a great squad of talented players more than capable of getting promotion and staying in the Premier League with additions when we get there.

All we need is a manager who can bring results and Sven clearly wasn't going to deliver. I'm just not convinced Nigel Pearson would either.

It's true that spending money on good players and a good manager doesn't automatically mean you get a good team.

Nevertheless, I believe we have good, well-intentioned owners and a great squad of talented players more than capable of getting promotion and staying in the Premier League with additions when we get there.

All we need is a manager who can bring results and Sven clearly wasn't going to deliver. I'm just not convinced Nigel Pearson would either.

:038:

You and me both, maybe we have both been drinking too much of the happy juice.

That's horribly convenient isn't it?
How do you figure, champ? I was trying to do you a favour.
Did I miss the sub-text?
There was none. Everyone else could plainly see the point I was trying to make (because I stated it in an earlier post), why couldn't you?
I responded word to word
I'll stop you there. No you didn't response "word to word" at all. You invented several bits of your own.
to a spiralling column of projectile goblin vomit from someone who, I'd imagine, has spent the past ten years trying to pass ASDA's social competence assessment and this is the reply!
Why don't you put those big, two syllable words away until you learn how to use them, eh? It's this sort of baseless personal attack that a) makes people ignore you, and b) should really have seen you banned by now. Quite why you're still able to log in is beyond me.
Come on, you can do better than that.
I can certainly do better than anything you've ever contributed to this site.
Would you say you are more or less intelligent than Wayne Brown?
More. And he in turn is more intelligent than the bloke who plays with traffic cones in Aldi car park. And he in turn is more intelligent than my neighbour's hamster, who eats its own shit. And she in turn is more intelligent than the dribbling cretin who posts on Talking Balls under the name syd.

Tweet from Stringer in the last few minutes (so as always, pinch of salt), "Big decisions for people to make as #lcfc close in on Sven's replacement. Will Hull accept approach for Pearson? If not will he resign?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669