Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Glen Roder

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Simon Grayson

Votes: 15 12.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's Daily Mail hammers yet another nail into any remaining chance of us getting someone with a brain:

Milan Mandaric says he will continue to be ruthless in his bid to return Premier League football to Leicester City. Mandaric sacked Martin Allen last week after just three League games as manager and said: "It's about getting where we want to be as fast as possible and doing whatever that takes. So if I find the next man is the wrong man then I will change him again. That may sound tough but it's the way it is and the way I am. My only objective is to get Leicester City into the Premier League and if I get it wrong, I'll change things again."

Wanted: Someone to get us promoted this season with someone else's players (mainly my own) and perhaps one or two loans of your choice. Must be prepared to agree with everything I say. Failure to win every game or pick a team without a sprinkling of shitty foreigners, will result in your immediate termination. Apply to: M "don't touch me or I'll sack ya" M.

I can't really see someone like Paul Jewell wanting a piece of that.

I think there are a couple of managers that would be up for it.........Ron Atkinson and Howard Wilkinson..........we're doomed!!

Today's Daily Mail hammers yet another nail into any remaining chance of us getting someone with a brain:

Milan Mandaric says he will continue to be ruthless in his bid to return Premier League football to Leicester City. Mandaric sacked Martin Allen last week after just three League games as manager and said: "It's about getting where we want to be as fast as possible and doing whatever that takes. So if I find the next man is the wrong man then I will change him again. That may sound tough but it's the way it is and the way I am. My only objective is to get Leicester City into the Premier League and if I get it wrong, I'll change things again."

Wanted: Someone to get us promoted this season with someone else's players (mainly my own) and perhaps one or two loans of your choice. Must be prepared to agree with everything I say. Failure to win every game or pick a team without a sprinkling of shitty foreigners, will result in your immediate termination. Apply to: M "don't touch me or I'll sack ya" M.

I can't really see someone like Paul Jewell wanting a piece of that.

Nope nor can I:102:

MM must surely be ill-advised to be quoted to the press like this. It will surely put off a hell of a lot of the few available managers. Especially the good ones. He may want to be up-front to the candidates that top 6 by December is a necessity to keep your contract, but is anyone going to leave a good job for this? It's more likely to be the desperate and the desperately unemployed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this has been posted before but from a well known rumours site:

Joey gudjonnson is set to move back to leicester as player manager, because mandaric is looking for a manager who is already a favourite with the fans. He is just around the corner for the foxes.

what bullshit that is :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Looks like Jewell is a definite NO

From the Mercury:

Jewell says no to City

by Andy Mann

Paul Jewell is not in the running to be the new Leicester City manager, the Leicester Mercury understands.

Former Wigan boss Jewell was the favourite with some bookmakers and many supporters' choice to succeed Martin Allen.

Jewell, below, stepped down as Latics boss at the end of last season to take a break from football.

And, as City owner Milan Mandaric continues his search for a new boss following the parting with Allen last week, sources suggest Jewell is not yet ready to make a return.

Jewell is now 6-1 with online bookmaker ######, who have installed Chelsea youth team coach Brendan Rodgers as odds-on favourite.

Jewell's was one of a number of names to be linked with the vacancy, including former Manchester City and Sunderland manager Peter Reid and ex-Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock.

Reid was mentioned following Craig Levein's departure last year, while Warnock is understood to have been in the running before Mandaric appointed Allen in May. Both men declined to comment on the speculation.

Gary Megson, the former West Bromwich Albion and Nottingham Forest manager, has also been linked, as have Aberdeen's Jimmy Calderwood and Glenn Roeder.

Former City captain Simon Grayson is another name to be linked, but he dismissed it as “pure speculation”.

Grayson, who has guided Blackpool to the Championship level for the first time in 29 years, said: “The link goes together with me doing well as a manager, and also having played for them (City).

“But it's pure speculation, and that's all it is. I'm working as hard as I can here, and hopefully I'll carry on doing that for a long time.”

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Mercury have filled another page telling us absolutely nothing new. Good aint they?

It seems that Milan was telling the truth when he said that he had not got a replacement for MA lined up.
The list of possible candidates is as inspiring as the remnants of last night's curry congieled on the kitchen table and the prospects for a successful season are trickling through our fingers faster than sand through the digits of a carless sawmill operative.
Is this the second record to be broken? Firstly MA shortest ever Leicester Manager at 3 league games: secondly, shortest ever period of optimism at the beginning of a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69