Next Manager

Could it be Steve Cooper could become available ? Is this what the club are gambling on perhaps??

Maybe I’m missing something but why would we want Steve Cooper.? He’s well on his way to bringing Forest down. I’m not saying he’s a terrible manager but I don’t see any evidence to suggest he’s a very good one.

He’s not American so he’s not got the inbuilt stigma that Marsch has. But I’d be no more happier with Cooper being appointed.

Maybe I’m missing something but why would we want Steve Cooper.? He’s well on his way to bringing Forest down. I’m not saying he’s a terrible manager but I don’t see any evidence to suggest he’s a very good one.

He’s not American so he’s not got the inbuilt stigma that Marsch has. But I’d be no more happier with Cooper being appointed.
He won the U17 World Cup with England…he took a very poor Swansea squad to the playoffs (doing a better job than Potter)…and he took Forest from near the bottom of the league to promotion. He’s then had to integrate about a million new players and in spite of that are currently ahead of us in the league.

But other than that, no evidence…

I would be very happy if we got him.

At least he knows the Championship and how to get a team out of the Championship (albeit via the play-offs).

Marsch will be a disaster. A decent record at RB Salzburg (who won the majority of their matches before him and continue to win the majority of their matches after him), followed by a poor record at RB Leipzig followed by an even worse record at Leeds. I'm not really sure what is seen in him.

I'd definitely take Cooper, or pretty much anyone else that's successfully got a team out of the Championship. Even Bielsa...

I'd even rather at this stage we took a gamble on Vieira or Gerrard than Marsch, which shows how desperate we are. At least they *may* be great managers in the future.

At least he knows the Championship and how to get a team out of the Championship (albeit via the play-offs).

Marsch will be a disaster. A decent record at RB Salzburg (who won the majority of their matches before him and continue to win the majority of their matches after him), followed by a poor record at RB Leipzig followed by an even worse record at Leeds. I'm not really sure what is seen in him.

Yep. Just had a google of Marsch's history. Should be nowhere near a prem iob even if it's only for a few matches.

He’s then had to integrate about a million new players
For that alone, be deserves some credit imo. You might think it easy once you have all these shiney new toys but fitting them together as a semi-functioning outfit is no easy task I reckon. But then, he coulda got lucky and the first combo worked (that said, does Lingard still feature?)

I'd still not want him as manager but we could certainly do worse.

Yep. Just had a google of Marsch's history. Should be nowhere near a prem iob even if it's only for a few matches.
At least teams that have gambled on Kompany, Carrick, Arteta, etc., (successes) and Solskjaer, Gerrard, Lampard, etc., (less successful...) had very little evidence of managerial ability to work with, one way or the other.

Marsch has failed in his last two roles.

If it is Marsch, the only hope that I can cling to is that after his first two matches after joining Leeds last season (losses to us and Villa), his record was:
P10 W4 D3 L3
(And all the losses were to be expected against Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea).

Average points of 1.5 per match.

So in this very tenuous example, if we can get 1.5 points per match after Man City, we'd finish on 35-36 points, which would have been enough to stay up the last six seasons...

#stayingupwithMarsch

If it is Marsch, the only hope that I can cling to is that after his first two matches after joining Leeds last season (losses to us and Villa), his record was:
P10 W4 D3 L3
(And all the losses were to be expected against Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea).

Average points of 1.5 per match.

So in this very tenuous example, if we can get 1.5 points per match after Man City, we'd finish on 35-36 points, which would have been enough to stay up the last six seasons...

#stayingupwithMarsch
From what I’ve seen Leeds fans seem to think he deserves no credit for that, and it was all down to some final day luck.

Surprised not to see any links to Will Still. He’s bound to get a PL job one day soon.

Marsch on a three year contract may well be a tactical appointment by the board. It would be handy having an American at the helm if the club are paraded to investors from across the pond. Pure speculation of course.

Marsch on a three year contract may well be a tactical appointment by the board. It would be handy having an American at the helm if the club are paraded to investors from across the pond. Pure speculation of course.
Isn't one of the big wigs involved in the Red Bull franchise of Thai nationality?

#cluelessidiots

#bumblingfuckwits

#****ingshambles

WOTS:

Dean Smith is the only person spoken to prepared to take the job only to the end of the season. All others told us to do one.

Dean fecking Smith???

Marsch impressed Whelan with a twinkly smile and USA wankiness. Cold feet from others due to reaction of fans.

Top flew up to Liverpool this morning. Possibly to discuss job with Benitez.

Rudkin has been sidelined from decision making process by Top and Whelan. Unfortunately, Top and Whelan know **** all.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663