Next Manager

Sky Sports say we're yet to approach anyone, but Top is flying in today. Interim appointment is most likely with the club's long term options - Potter, Frank, Kompany and Carrick - all unlikely to come before the summer.

Carrick I'd be happy with but it's probably dependent on whether Boro go up & if we stay up. Burnley are 2 wins away from automatic promotion so pretty much nailed on for the prem next season. Kompany would therefore be dependent on us staying up & convincing him we'd be a better bet than staying at Turf Moor. Clearly that'd be all about guaranteeing him a better transfer budget.

As for Frank. Hmm...Brentford are run like a precision machine & have been since Benham took over the club. Defined roles for staff at every level & a complete structure in place that evolves but never deviates. Compare that to the rudderless shambles that we currently are & I can't see him being interested.

For me it pretty much has to be Potter in the Summer if they can convince him. We'd be pretty much his perfect sort of building project but we'd need to give him the patience he'll need after the massive clearout we'll be having in the summer. But that could actually be in his favour.

If absolutely none of those end up being an option then **** actually knows what we do. The board certainly don't have the first sign of a clue.

From a neutral pespective I can"t see the likes of Poch and Potter being interested.When Liverpool and Chelsea have a downturn they end up ,at worst ,mid table.Leicester,Leeds could get relegated and that is not attractive to a top level manager. Your magnificent recent record

has raised expectations which are going to be increasingly hard to realise.Marco Silva,Big Nige would possibly be keen and capable.The likes of Benitez will be wary unless his salary and budget are eye watering.
Silva probably does another year or two at Fulham. Get someone down to Brizzie City and do some poaching. I think you and Nige have previous.He bleeds blue and white !

Every cloud.If it all goes belly up you will deffo sell out away end next year when the mighty Ull come to town.Good luck.

Right....now we need someone immediately.
Absolutely nobody would take it. At least nobody we'd actually want or need. But on the bright side it's Bournemouth next & as we all know nothing bad ever happens when we play them...

& then of course we concede 10 at Man City thus wiping our name from the PL record books just before we go down.

Absolutely nobody would take it. At least nobody we'd actually want or need. But on the bright side it's Bournemouth next & as we all know nothing bad ever happens when we play them...

& then of course we concede 10 at Man City thus wiping our name from the PL record books just before we go down.
Wouldn’t we still be in the books if that happens?

Wouldn’t we still be in the books if that happens?
Oh yes. It's an away record isn't it? My mistake.

At least I can take some small comfort from that when it plays out. But maybe we'll get really lucky & they'll only get 7 or 8?

I'm all about the optimism tonight.

I would snap your hands off for that now.

We need any manager with a brain who can see these players aren't good enough or fit enough, so we need to use our subs more and better timed.
Tbf I think I'd take it as well.... he's done a similar job with Newcastle and taken them back up before.

Absolutely bite your hand off for him. He'll sort them out and we could do a LOT worse.

I can well see it being Benitez now..

Benitez won't come anywhere near this ****ing mess of a club.

Despite the deluge of names being linked with the vacant job, Leicester are not looking to appoint a permanent replacement right now. Firstly, the number of suitable contenders who would be willing to dive into a relegation battle with no certainty over where Leicester will wind up is low.

Very worrying.

We do appear to like a gamble. It's not a good image is it? To not think things through.

We are were we are. I can't see anyone coming in at this stage so it's in Stowell and Sadler we trust.... and cross your fingers. It's going to be a bumpy landing.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663