Next permanent manager

I think Sven was sacked after Millwall at home. 1-3 if I recall correctly. Sacked by a very young Top.
Think it was 0-3. The first match I’ve ever left early.

Yep I’m convinced Top will bring the band back together and tell them to go and repeat.

Steve Walsh is semi-retired and living in the US most of the time and would have zero interest in getting the band back together. He has turned down much better offers than us.

Nigel Pearson was asked about a return to City recently and laughed it off as part of his past.

Shakespeare has shown very little improvement in the mood or tactical ability of the players since he's been back.

If Pearson wanted to come back as Director of Football to replace Rudkin (who, by the way, Pearson hates with a passion) I'd be supportive, Anything else would be a fecking disaster.

Shame we didn't get him in when we could have. Still, the point he's making is just as relevant to us as it is to Everton.

He's made a living out of that "salt of the earth I am lad" bollocks. Fact is Everton barely improved at all since he took over. It was mostly other teams being crap that kept them up.

He's a one dimensional manager whose biggest achievement will be keeping a team up. He'll retire, like all of his type, having made a good living & winning nothing.

He won 5 of 18 games. Averaged just over a point a game. Thats relegation form in a normal season. 2 of the wins were that freak result at Brighton where every shot they had went in & Sunday against a Bournemouth team who couldn't even vaguely be arsed. Bournemouth played 4 games after they secured safety. Lost all 4.

If Everton have any sense they'll say ta very much right now & get rid when anyone better comes available. But as we know, they don't have any sense so he'll be sacked before January so the new bloke can have a window.

Steve Walsh is semi-retired and living in the US most of the time and would have zero interest in getting the band back together. He has turned down much better offers than us.

Nigel Pearson was asked about a return to City recently and laughed it off as part of his past.

Shakespeare has shown very little improvement in the mood or tactical ability of the players since he's been back.

If Pearson wanted to come back as Director of Football to replace Rudkin (who, by the way, Pearson hates with a passion) I'd be supportive, Anything else would be a fecking disaster.
I presumed it would only happen if Rudkin gets shown the door.

It really wouldn’t surprise me.

Whoever gets it, it's going to be a lukewarm appointment. Lets face it, nobody we'd want is going to be even vaguely interested. We're a championship club on the verge of losing all our half decent players.

It'll be some ****.

If it's Smith, thats a certain sign that anyone else we might be interested in has told us to **** off.

Strap in lads. It's going to be ugly.

We either need to have a new manager in within two weeks or so latest. Or stick with Smith.

I'd bring someone in who's hungry. Wants a great challenge, has some backbone, and can unite a club.

Smith has no mettle. It's underwhelming and his name is synonymous with this relegation. At Norwich he won 16 out of 56 - it's just ****ing shit.

I think they'll be looking at the likes of:

Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Patrick Viera
Bruno Lage
Ralph Hasenhuttl
Javi Gracia
Steve Bruce
Nathan Owens

I dont think they should rush the decision at all as it is so so important but do we have the time? I am convinced they'll give it to Dean Smith. He's here already, he got Villa up once, and crucially (in their opinion) Shakespeare is with him and knows the club so they won't wanna deviate too quickly.

Personally I'd prefer someone like Nuno. We could do a lot lot worse. He's far better than the Championship IMO but he's managed Wolves through it, got them up and did well with them.

As a wildcard, Ruud Van Nilstelrooy could be a good shout. Good record at PSV and played some decent football. But it is a risk.

I think they'll be looking at the likes of:

Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
Patrick Viera
Bruno Lage
Ralph Hasenhuttl
Javi Gracia
Steve Bruce
Nathan Owens

I dont think they should rush the decision at all as it is so so important but do we have the time? I am convinced they'll give it to Dean Smith. He's here already, he got Villa up once, and crucially (in their opinion) Shakespeare is with him and knows the club so they won't wanna deviate too quickly.

Personally I'd prefer someone like Nuno. We could do a lot lot worse. He's far better than the Championship IMO but he's managed Wolves through it, got them up and did well with them.

As a wildcard, Ruud Van Nilstelrooy could be a good shout. Good record at PSV and played some decent football. But it is a risk.
****ing hell if it’s Frank I’m going to go and support Barnsley.

Really hope we get an 'up and comer' and not a has been.

I've no idea who that is though. I haven't followed the EFL in a while or know enough about European football. But I want energy rather than a Big Sam

Our next manager will be massively underwhelming but unlike Claudio will also be a complete disaster.

Our next manager will be massively underwhelming but unlike Claudio will also be a complete disaster.

Positive as usual.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664