Next permanent manager

Got exactly what they wanted from that statement. The gullible media have fallen for it. Change the narrative from examining the multiple business errors that have resulted in relegation, and switch it to a story about ungrateful abusive fans and the prevalence of abuse in football and society.

**** off Top (can’t be arsed learning how to spell his actual name). I would love for you to sell OUR club.
We're down. Get over it.

**** sake. Let's find a rich Serbian American to sell to. That worked a treat last time.... just like all our other owners have.

Americans are buying clubs for fun.
And what makes you think they would/could or indeed want to achieve success with us over a longer term than what we have witnessed?

What makes you think any new buyer wouldn’t asset strip the business and let it rot?

Relegation is very disappointing (to say the least) BUT we have had success far greater than ANY of us could have dreamt under the current tenure.

Top and his employees are of course not blameless in the very poor season we have just witnessed, but for ****s sake put it into perspective.

I would also add a cautionary “be careful what you wish for”

And what makes you think they would/could or indeed want to achieve success with us over a longer term than what we have witnessed?

What makes you think any new buyer wouldn’t asset strip the business and let it rot?

Relegation is very disappointing (to say the least) BUT we have had success far greater than ANY of us could have dreamt under the current tenure.

Top and his employees are of course not blameless in the very poor season we have just witnessed, but for ****s sake put it into perspective.

I would also add a cautionary “be careful what you wish for”

I don't recall saying it would be a good thing.

Personally I'd offer it to Smith. Would like to see a project manager we can give 2 or 3 years to build something. He's done it before at Brentford and Villa. We can forget about Graham Potter now obviously, I doubt we're likely to get any better than Smith. Mark Robins might be worth a shout as people have mentioned, obviously has done a great job in very difficult circumstances at Coventry over a number of years. Not really any better realistic options than them two.

We can forget about Graham Potter now
I reckon so. He'll have better options than us (but maybe he likes a challenge).

I think there are plus sides to giving the job to Smith, expediency being one. I'm hoping that whoever gets the gig, it's pretty darned pronto though. I might hope that the club is ahead of the game and been in discussions with prospective candidates already, but I suspect such a hope would be met with guffaws from folk on here.

I don't understand the Potter thing. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us. I wouldn't want Smith either; he had his chances, especially at Newcastle and he ****ed himself and us over with ridiculous setup and selection decisions. I would take a punt on Robins. If that's not a goer then I'd probably look to see of Benitez wanted the gig. He probably wouldn't and I don't rate him much either but the pool isn't massive really. I've heard Carrick mentioned but he couldn't get Boro through the Playoffs so I'm not sure whether he's got what it takes; it would be another punt.

We all know it's going to be Pearson though don't we? I mean, there's almost no point in speculating. Or Jessie Marsch. Or Steve Bruce.

Robins has recently signed a 4 year extension. Even if he were interested, which I doubt as he's on a roll where he is, it'd cost us money we don't have to buy him out.

Robins has recently signed a 4 year extension. Even if he were interested, which I doubt as he's on a roll where he is, it'd cost us money we don't have to buy him out.
He will be our midseason target after the first bloke bombs out spectacularly.

Yeah we could do without having to pay a manager off. Doubt Benitez would be interested but he has managed in the Championship before so you never know. I think he'd have been the better short term option after booting Brendan but now we should be looking at the build/project type manager again and that's not really Benitez even if he would manage in the second tier. Still think it's most likely we'll offer it to Dean Smith and IMO it makes sense now to do that and let him build something for 2 years and take it from there. Potter will have Premier League suitors like Palace or Fulham, maybe even Spurs.

He will be our midseason target after the first bloke bombs out spectacularly.

This is what I'm dreading most - back to the cycle we had before in the Championship of a sacking every October.

Then writing off the rest of that season as "we need to wait until he can bring in his own signings and have a proper pre season to judge him" before sacking him in October, and repeating over and over.

I don't understand the Potter thing. I wouldn't want him anywhere near us. I wouldn't want Smith either; he had his chances, especially at Newcastle and he ****ed himself and us over with ridiculous setup and selection decisions. I would take a punt on Robins. If that's not a goer then I'd probably look to see of Benitez wanted the gig. He probably wouldn't and I don't rate him much either but the pool isn't massive really. I've heard Carrick mentioned but he couldn't get Boro through the Playoffs so I'm not sure whether he's got what it takes; it would be another punt.

We all know it's going to be Pearson though don't we? I mean, there's almost no point in speculating. Or Jessie Marsch. Or Steve Bruce.
Yep I’m convinced Top will bring the band back together and tell them to go and repeat.

I’m not sure he is on a roll. Coventry did great this season but I can easily seeing them no higher than mid-table next season. Lose Gyokeres and Hamer and they’ll really struggle. I might be biased but I think he’d at least be interested.

This is what I'm dreading most - back to the cycle we had before in the Championship of a sacking every October.

Then writing off the rest of that season as "we need to wait until he can bring in his own signings and have a proper pre season to judge him" before sacking him in October, and repeating over and over.

Plymouth away is the sacking fixture. The next manager gets til them as per tradition.

Plymouth away is the sacking fixture. The next manager gets til them as per tradition.
I think Sven was sacked after Millwall at home. 1-3 if I recall correctly. Sacked by a very young Top.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663