Next Season??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson buys cheaply, but how many are any good? Marshall, yes but Morgan and Drinkwater: he'd have been better placed putting £2 million behind the bar to buy the crowd a drink.

Morgan is solid and dependable and Drinkwater has obvious talent but is lacking confidence, the same as Marshall did when he came.

I agree with Redditch on this one. Nugent and Beckford are clearly capable and quality signings at this level. To criticise Beckford for attitude is ridiculous, he has unfairly seemed to become the new DJ Campbell when he clearly is a far better player. It's all about service and the right combination in midfield. If Harbro wants to talk about shining lights, he should look no further than Ben Marshall who has had less time than the others to shine. For me, it's not about the individual qualities of the midfielders we have, they all are decent at this level, and offer different things. They are also at different stages of development. It's about finding the right combination of experience, potential and balance. FWIW i think Marshall will have a big impact, King and Drinkwater potential and something to offer. Dyer, Gallagher and Wellens are the most exposed but i don't think Pearson will see them that way. I would like to see Koren come in and a younger version of Howard up front. Josh KIng would be worth a shout

I agree with Redditch on this one. Nugent and Beckford are clearly capable and quality signings at this level. To criticise Beckford for attitude is ridiculous, he has unfairly seemed to become the new DJ Campbell when he clearly is a far better player. It's all about service and the right combination in midfield. If Harbro wants to talk about shining lights, he should look no further than Ben Marshall who has had less time than the others to shine. For me, it's not about the individual qualities of the midfielders we have, they all are decent at this level, and offer different things. They are also at different stages of development. It's about finding the right combination of experience, potential and balance. FWIW i think Marshall will have a big impact, King and Drinkwater potential and something to offer. Dyer, Gallagher and Wellens are the most exposed but i don't think Pearson will see them that way. I would like to see Koren come in and a younger version of Howard up front. Josh KIng would be worth a shout

Vassell looked quality in the second half today, still seems to have his pace and played very intelligently, wouldn't be silly to offer him a new contract. I still think we are sorted up front with plenty of options, midfield and defence is where we should concentrate signings.

DesertFox said:
Unknown Contract Length:
Parkes, Chamberlain, Norburn

Out Of Contract in summer 2012:
Weale, Logan, Vassell, Howard, Tunchev

Out Of Contract in summer 2013:
Kennedy, Taft, Moussa, Hopper, Bolger, Byrne, Moore

Out Of Contract in summer 2014:
Waghorn, Dyer, Smith, Wellens, Peltier, Schmeichel, Danns, St Ledger, Nugent, Konchesky, Pantsil, Bamba, Morgan

Out Of Contract in summer 2015:
Gallagher, A. King, Mills, Beckford, Drinkwater, Marshall, Schlupp

Is this up to date?

I expect Weale, Howard and Tunchev to go. Given FFP i wouldn't be surprised if Logan was given another year as he would be a cheap 3rd choice. Would like to see Vasell given a year as think he could be useful, perhaps give him pre-season to prove his fitness. Kennedy and Moussa are likely to be cheap, and reasonable cover so not worth paying them off. Mills and Pantsil looked doomed but i wouldn't be surprised if everyone else was here next season unless there was a very tempting offer.

Most important signings i think will be a back up goal keeper, right back, winger, and a big striker.

david nugent ‏ @nuge101235
Go cyprus,tenerife,vegas,dubai! Away for 2 months to recharge the batteries to get my shuffle on next season! Lol

It's a tough life. :icon_bigg

FryattFox said:
It's a tough life. :icon_bigg

That felt like a poor decision to tweet that to me. After a season of mediocrity and a massive hike in ticket prices… rubbing it in much? #poorcallnuge

Dirty rumours

Hope I haven't been scooped, I found this on FB so probably been seen by a few.

I read it earlier but looked like complete bollocks so I didn't post it.

This bit for example: "Nigel Pearson opted to sub him at half time to prevent him receiving an ovation from the fans as he left the field of play."
When it looked like it was really pre-planned to sub him at half time to give Vassell 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669