Next Season??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switched off after someone called Beckford utter shite.

... which really does go some way to proving what somebody said about educational standards a few days ago.

As someone who is only 21 myself, I can tell you that it really does. I have a friend who was doing English at degree-level whose written standard was genuinely about the same as mine when I was in year 8.

On a largely unrelated note, I also knew a girl at 6th form who got an interview at Oxford and thought that Canada was in Europe.

I agree in essence but not about the manager, Pearson is decent enough and he has pretty much proved his ability at this level so I'd say there were areas that were weaker than the manager. We just need to see some consistancy this summer with regards to manager and generally within the squad too just getting rid of players with no future, Howard & Pantsill is a good start, and add a right back, some bite in midfield and possibly another striker as it does seem that Pearson like's to have the option of a long ball game if needed towards the end of matches.

And with regards to written/typed English, I'm pretty sure that some people (though obviously in the minority here) do not consider spelling/punctuation/grammar as important when posting on an internet forum full of random nobodies compared to say, when writting an essay in school days or writting a letter etc.

I think that Beckford's chances of being here in September are no more than 50/50. If you look at how often NP goes bananas at his movement, passing, chasing down, etc, it's an indication that he's a frustrating employee. At his best, he's a quality striker but he's rarely at his best.

I also think comparing him to Yakubu is ridiculous. They are completely different and, in my view, JB is nowhere near as good as Yak.

If NP had been successful in his pursuit of Billy Sharp in January, I doubt we'd have seen much more of JB. There was also significant speculation that he was offered to clubs in January (Ken Bates has confirmed that he was offered to Leeds twice).

I also think comparing him to Yakubu is ridiculous. They are completely different and, in my view, JB is nowhere near as good as Yak.

Anyone who compares him with Yakubu in regards to quality is deluded, but the comparisons around attitude and work ethic are very fair, and are the reason why many fans find him frustrating.

If he doesn't feature in NP's plans then so be it, but he's clearly a good player at this level in the respect that he scores goals.

Fair point about Beckford, I'll give you that one. Just my own opinion and I personally don't like him or his attitude and nor does Pearson which is why whether we like it or not he will be gone in the summer.
Beckford is very popular around the training ground and his attitude towards the team is very good. Sorry to spoil your opinion.

Beckford is very popular around the training ground and his attitude towards the team is very good. Sorry to spoil your opinion.

One of the nicest players you could meet and a goal scorer, only idiots who buy into Alan Young's views think he's a problem.

More Alan Young bashing and less Beckford bashing I think would be in order. :icon_wink

Lets sum up this farce of a season..............

Three shining lights of our season our Danns, Kasper and Nugent. The rest have been utter shite, Beckford, Mills, Wellens, Peltier ETC should never wear the shirt again. The money we have spent to assemble this so called team is unreal, no passion and no comittment. Pearson needs to clear off and we need some fresh blood, someone like Lee Clarke or Bristol's new manager Derek McInnes. Hungry managers not that monotone Pearson, in my opinion we need something to happen before August else we are in for another shocking season. :icon_sad: what needs to happen next season in your opinions??

Beckford so much of a farce that he's scored one less than Nugent who's a shining light. makes complete sense that

Fair point about Beckford, I'll give you that one. Just my own opinion and I personally don't like him or his attitude and nor does Pearson which is why whether we like it or not he will be gone in the summer.

Why do people pick on his attitude. This is the player who, when he scored against Chelsea, heaped all of the praise on Danns. The player who also after scoring midweek went out of his way to show support for a fellow player Yeah his attitude f*ckin stinks. The truth is Beckford is a lot of people's scapegoat for whenever things go wrong. He has to work twice as hard as Nugent to get half the praise.

Lee Clarke is the most overrated manager going. You know a team is going nowhere when they can go on an unbeaten run like that and still get nowhere near the top of the league. You want to talk about talented managers - Chris Powell has done more in one full season at Charlton on an absolute fraction of the budget that Clarke had at Hudds. All he did was waste money and draw games - the Terrier fans weren't even sad to see him go.

Derek McInnes? What's he done then? Just about managed to keep Bristol City in the league? Well ****ing hell, get him quick then!

He's done a lot better than Grayson in his time there already. He signed some dross but he also uncovered some gems too. Huddersfield have been punching well above their weight these past couple of seasons. Give credit where credit's due.

Really?

They've had one of the highest wage budgets in League One during that time, and are well supported. Their chairman has put a fortune into the club.

Compared to the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Charlton etc, I would say they have never been a shoe in for automatic promotion and to be there or there abouts is what they can realistically hope for. Lee Clarke signed the likes of Pilkington, Peltier and Rhodes. He was not a shit manager. Huddersfield will not get promoted under Grayson this season I'm afraid.

Why do people pick on his attitude. This is the player who, when he scored against Chelsea, heaped all of the praise on Danns. The player who also after scoring midweek went out of his way to show support for a fellow player Yeah his attitude f*ckin stinks. The truth is Beckford is a lot of people's scapegoat for whenever things go wrong. He has to work twice as hard as Nugent to get half the praise.

Yeah, but he is a bit black though in fairness. They all have a bit of an attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669