Next Season??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Charlton etc

If my quote from Twitter wasn't enough...

From Chris Powell:
"People think we’ve spent a fortune, In fact, our budget is half that of Huddersfield'"

From Huddersfield's local paper:

"SPENDING of £7.29m on building a squad to challenge for promotion led to Huddersfield Town making a loss of £4.1m last year.

Figures announced for the 12 months up to May 31 last year showed a 29% increase in spending on players’ wages, transfers, scouting and other football costs under then manager Lee Clark.

Owner-chairman Dean Hoyle says he remains fully committed to providing funding this season but that the losses are not sustainable, meaning promotion is critical."

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfi...-as-accounts-reveal-4-1m-loss-86081-30363820/

Their official website (from 2009):

"with the backing of the Chairman-elect Dean Hoyle and Chief Executive Nigel Clibbens we have made what I consider to be a Premiership contract offer to an 18-year old goalkeeper."

The Independent:
"Sometimes, even second place and automatic promotion behind a fallen giant in a league of 24 teams isn’t good enough when the right foundations are in place and the playing budget far exceeds what is available to everyone else. We can only speculate on what Clark was working with at the Galpharm but there’s compelling evidence to suggest his resources were far greater than what Gus Poyet worked with at Brighton last season, ditto Darren Ferguson at Peterborough, and it’s much the same story among the bigger names out-performing them this year."
http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012...e-no-complaints-after-huddersfield-dismissal/

It's believed that Joey Gudjonsson, who left them today, was on around £10,000 a week, and he couldn't get into the team.

They've been running on a Championship level budget for the last few years. To say they've been "punching well above their weight" is just not true.

Last edited:
Why do people pick on his attitude. This is the player who, when he scored against Chelsea, heaped all of the praise on Danns. The player who also after scoring midweek went out of his way to show support for a fellow player Yeah his attitude f*ckin stinks. The truth is Beckford is a lot of people's scapegoat for whenever things go wrong. He has to work twice as hard as Nugent to get half the praise.

Beckford has scored is fair quota of goals although it would have been better for us if a bigger proportion had been in the league rather than the FA Cup. There are far more pressing problems than the Nugent/ Beckford strike partnership except that I don't think we have any other striker viable options - other than Schlupp making major progress as I think Vassell is time expired as a player and Waghorn only at the level of an impact sub when an energy boost is required.

The major issue is midfield - which i think everyone knows. Danns, Drinkwater (although probably not physically equipped to play the type of role that he wants to play). Marshall - all useful. So I think move on Gallagher, King, Dyer - although I don't think for a second that all those will go. Finally speculation seems to be building about Kasper moving to Spurs - so we may well have a problem there soon.

Beckford has scored is fair quota of goals although it would have been better for us if a bigger proportion had been in the league rather than the FA Cup. There are far more pressing problems than the Nugent/ Beckford strike partnership except that I don't think we have any other striker viable options - other than Schlupp making major progress as I think Vassell is time expired as a player and Waghorn only at the level of an impact sub when an energy boost is required.

The major issue is midfield - which i think everyone knows. Danns, Drinkwater (although probably not physically equipped to play the type of role that he wants to play). Marshall - all useful. So I think move on Gallagher, King, Dyer - although I don't think for a second that all those will go. Finally speculation seems to be building about Kasper moving to Spurs - so we may well have a problem there soon.

In what way is speculation building? There has been one article.

If you follow the link it just refers to the original article.

OK.

I understand that this is all speculation. However, speculation is sometimes just the start but often just hot air.

I just think that this particular transfer makes some sense - for both the potential buyer,,,and the player. Not for us of course but it would be difficult to resist in my opinion.

Is it just me getting more cynical with age? I give up on the press. Yesterday, Pearson was quoted as saying that he was looking for eight signings; today he is quoted as opining that there will not be mass signings this summer! I have to say, that I hope that today's story is true: eight signings would be more than we need, in my opinion.

Is it just me getting more cynical with age? I give up on the press. Yesterday, Pearson was quoted as saying that he was looking for eight signings; today he is quoted as opining that there will not be mass signings this summer! I have to say, that I hope that today's story is true: eight signings would be more than we need, in my opinion.

We probably need 8 going out though. Those on high wages would be nice too.

If we are looking to curb our spending then Pearson is definately the right man for the job. Hope the rumours about Howard going are true and there will be a few more to follow. Let's see some more up and coming talents bought in and hopefully some of our own Academy prospects will get their chance and be able to step up to the plate.

Next year I think we need to make improvements in defence and out wide as a matter of priority. Full back positions particularly need strengthening.

If we are looking to curb our spending then Pearson is definately the right man for the job. Hope the rumours about Howard going are true and there will be a few more to follow. Let's see some more up and coming talents bought in and hopefully some of our own Academy prospects will get their chance and be able to step up to the plate.

Next year I think we need to make improvements in defence and out wide as a matter of priority. Full back positions particularly need strengthening.

Pearson buys cheaply, but how many are any good? Marshall, yes but Morgan and Drinkwater: he'd have been better placed putting £2 million behind the bar to buy the crowd a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669