Next season's shirt...The news we've been waiting for ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for quality manufacturer, plain retro'ish style. I like Graz's version actually if we have to have anything on the front.

Another suggestion, how about a collage of images from our 125 years, not too large or in your face, like Weller, Walshie peeling away after scoring in the play offfs, that sort of thing. Not sure how it would look on the players on the pitch but could be an alternative for the club shop - i'd buy one if it was quality and tastefully done.

I really can't understand why people are so pissed off with this (though I'm not at all suprised), it's free to the fans, we were going to have a new shirt anyway (is there anywhere that it says it will be for one season or are people assuming?) and it allows the fans some input into something that had they not they would be moaning about when the new design came out.

I think it's a superb idea to be honest, but as per some of the responses on here it's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' scenario.

Well done to the club for taking an innovative approach. And as for those saying it is only because we wont get a sponsor next season, so what if it is, at least it shows the club have people who are able to think out of the box to attempt to keep revenue flowing into the club.

Regardless of the reasons it will be a refreshing change. As already mentioned by a previous poster I think a collection of the clubs previous badges in a square area would look good, and signifiy the anniversary.

I think it's the disappointment of RL (or whoever it was) saying a HUGE announcement was coming up, personally I thought this was a great idea all the time and if it's blank on the front I'll get one before the season starts (which in fact I think I have never done before).

Lester

We Love Forest

I think top quality kits i.e Adidas/Nike etc and badge on the front with the 125 years small etc etc and on the back at the bottom small writing 'Foxes Never Quit' or something similar!!!

I really think we should just have the logo of a charity on the front, that would be a very nice gesture. Something like Barnardos. I think it'd be a really nice thing to do, better than having some club-specific slogan on the front and I think it would also make us a more respected club in the eyes of both the media and football supporters in general.

Having a slogan like Foxes Never Quit would be awful, i say we change our shirts to yellow and put "Brasil" across the middle

Last edited:
I really think we should just have the logo of a charity on the front, that would be a very nice gesture. Something like Barnardos. I think it'd be a really nice thing to do, better than having some club-specific slogan on the front and I think it would also make us a more respected club in the eyes of both the media and football supporters in general.

Do you honestly care about being respected by the media or other football supporters?

Surely the point of this shirt is to commemorate the 125 year anniversary of Leicester City, I fail to see what a charity signifies.

Do you honestly care about being respected by the media or other football supporters?

Surely the point of this shirt is to commemorate the 125 year anniversary of Leicester City, I fail to see what a charity signifies.

well yes actually I do. We're not exactly one of the most hated clubs in football but I think it'd be a really nice gesture either way. I really don't see the point in having a slogan on it. If anything I'd opt for Foxes never quit but I personally think it would be really nice to have a charity emblazoned on the front, perhaps even a local one to make it a bit more Leicester-related.

I would just like to see "Foxes"or "Leicester City FC" in a different shade to the kit shade. ie, a different shade of blue on a blue shirt.

F**k the charity bollocks, we'll just be laughed again, but this time for trying to be the new Barcelona.

This season I would like to have seen "Hey, I'm one of the c**ts that got your club relegated" on the shirts, but timing can be a bitch sometimes.

Rubbish story. As Duzza said, this is quite apparently just opportunistic marketing.

What did our very first badge look like?

Maybe we could have two on the shirt, the current one and the old one, the old 1 on the left the other opposite and 125 years (of suffering) through the middle where the sponsor used to be?

I'm in the wrong job!

These are the badges we've had.

Attachments

• lcfc_logos.jpg
    lcfc_logos.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 66
These are the badges we've had.

That is what I would have on the shirt, set out exactly like that in a square with 2 rows of 2. I would replace one of the 2 identical badges with a Special 125 year tribute badge which signifies the club Or Filbert street and the dates next to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669