Next Season's squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we suck them in, we could get them to pay a high price for him. Regardless of division, their fans want his signing. Holloway wasn't interested in Adam when he joined; it was board pressure and local press which eventually led to him going back to Pool.

As for Dyer, he's a massive confidence player. Goes though spells of beating three or four men on regular occurance to looking completely disinterested.

I'd be happy to see Bruce signed on a permanent deal. He's not shown me any real reason to think why he wouldn't be a good signing.

IMO Bruce has done well and id definately sign him (Brown has been good on occassions but hes too old)
Hobbs is under contract and i hope Mandy fights to keep him, he walked from the pitch last night looking like hed played his last game.
Hobbs and King will be our most sought after players

I think we need to take stock over the summer, the most important signing is ensuring we get Pearson to sign a long term contract. If players do move then I have every faith that the current management team will bring in players of equal ability or hopefully better than those moving out.

I also see the summer as an opportunity to move out some higher earners and squad players and I think we will plump for quality rather than quantity. Have a smaller squad but with a stronger and better quality pool of players. I predict that the Pearson will identify a number of lesser known loanees to come into to replace the likes of Waghorn etc.

I think the club will do everything they can to keep Hobbs and King and as both seem pretty level headed I would hope that they will see the merits of staying with the club, developing and benefitting from playing week in and week out.

Personally I expect the following to leave:

Neilson
McGivern
Bruce
Brown (If rumours are true)
Solano
Wesolowski
Spearing
Howard
DJ Campbell
Kermogant
Waghorn
Vaughan

Positions I would like to see filled are:

Keeper (We need someone to challenge Weale)
Right Back
Left Back
Centre Midfield
Right Wing
Left Wing
Strikers x 2
Target Man

Last edited:
IMO Bruce has done well and id definately sign him (Brown has been good on occassions but hes too old)
Hobbs is under contract and i hope Mandy fights to keep him, he walked from the pitch last night looking like hed played his last game.Hobbs and King will be our most sought after players

what a load of bo!!ocks how does the way some one walks off a pitch suggest he's never going to play for us again. He may well have looked crushed and dissapointed, the same as every one else and does that mean the whole team is leaving?? Jack Hobbs has said nothing and done nothing to suggest whether he's going or staying. He's simply gone about his business incredibly well for young lad! With the honour of being captain and the challenge of getting us promoted next year i'd be shocked to see him leave!

Last edited:
I think King, Hobbs, Fryatt and Berner are essential. Hopefully Blackpool go up and sign DJ. I have only been able to watch a handful of matches this season so I can only comment on what I've seen - and those four have been brilliant. Hobbs is going to get better and better. King, I thought, was superb last night - he was the one tracking back closing down their strikers and when they were shaping to shoot, and he took his chance brilliantly. Berner has been exceptional every time I've seen him, and Fryatt has still got way more to give. Having watched last nights game, Cardiff looked much more of a threat going forward. Ledley, Burke and Whittingham were a class above Wellens, Gallagher and Dyer. And although Howard and Fryatt played well, the direct style wont get us much further than the Championship. Chopra and Bothroyd's movement and touch were far more accomplished.

Last edited:
Keep
Chris Weale
Michael Morrison
Aleksandar Tunchev
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Matt Fryatt
Bruno Berner
Dany N'Guessan
Richie Wellens
Paul Gallagher
Jack Hobbs
Conrad Logan
Steve Howard (After last night, deffo keep)

Definitely Get Rid
Robbie Neilson
Aman Verma
Nolberto Solano - Keep, he is class, works well with Gally
Nicky Adams

Get Rid if can be replaced by better
Wayne Brown - Unlikely to find better for free. A rock alongside Hobbs. Only weakness is distribution, same as Hobbs.
Matt Oakley - Probably, deffo gone downhill.

Send Back
Ryan McGivern

Try To Sign
Alex Bruce
Jay Spearing
James Vaughan
Martyn Waghorn (aint going to happen, but a man can dream!)

Unsure
Yann Kermorgant He is going to be good. Do not judge on last night. He is the only one that can win headers AND direct them down to one of our team!

I think that we have to keep a few players but the most important thing this summer is to keep Pearson.

I honestly think that if we keep hold of Hobbs, Weale, King, Fryatt, Wellens and Gally and bring in a few players around them then I honestly think that we can achieve play offs again. We have shown this season that we are capable of beating anyone and there is certainly nothing to fear next season.

Just out of interest, are people expecting Neilson's contract to be terminated by mutual consent, since it lasts another two years?

Steve Howard (After last night, deffo keep) - Whole heartedly agree, last night he earned himself another year at Leicester and long may Steve continue to be Super!!!

Definitely Get Rid
Nolberto Solano - Keep, he is class, works well with Gally - He does, but I think his wages could be put to better use by bringing in a younger up and coming RB with a future.

Get Rid if can be replaced by better
Wayne Brown- A **** if reports are true, get rid! :098:
Matt Oakley - Probably, deffo gone downhill. - I like him, an honest pro, but if we are to move forward I feel he is past it.

Unsure
Yann Kermorgant He is going to be good. Do not judge on last night. He is the only one that can win headers AND direct them down to one of our team! - Im not judging him on last night, he made a mistake and I feel for the guy. With all my heart I want him to be a City legend and I do like the look of him, just not seen enough yet to judge either way, hence the unsure.

If we are serious about promotion then we we have to make big changes to the midfield...Wellens,Oakley,Gallagher,Dyer and Adams are not good enough.

As well as we have done this season the lack of quality going forward has ultimately let us down,the two teams promoted+ the last 2 vying for promotion have scored plenty of goals.

Our midfield has scored the following

King - 9

Gallagher- 7

Dyer -3

N'Guessan- 3

Wellens- 1

Oakley - 0

Adams -0

Besides King and Gallagher(who was brought as a striker)..the return has been very poor.

Our defence has been solid again..though an attacking right-back would be nice.

As for the strikers,i think we are o.k...all depends on whether we can get Waggy on loan,Vaughans always injured..though we be a good addition if we can get him fit in pre-season.

Personally I expect the following to leave:

Neilson
McGivern
Bruce
Brown (If rumours are true)
Solano
Wesolowski
Spearing
Howard
DJ Campbell
Kermogant
Waghorn
Vaughan
Who do you expect to come rushing in to buy them? :102: Howard maybe, although he'd no doubt have to take a drop in wages to go to a smaller club - why would he do that when he finished our last game as one of our main strikers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669