Next Season's squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loan player I would like to see us sign up is Spearing. He will not take Gerrard's place at Liverpool and he must have enjoyed first team football. Obviously I would like us to get Waghorn but it would need silly money.
Bruce and Vaughan came here with reputations for being injury prone and have I believe got injured while here. I have been especially impressed with Vaughan but NP will obviously have to consider the medical reports.

I would like to see us sign new fullbacks. Berner was my choice for player of the year but he is now a veteran. Morrison is IMO a future premiership player (hopefully with us) and should replace Brown at centreback.

We need a replacement for Steve Howard who much as I admire him is going to find a regular 90 minutes difficult. I wonder if Howard's excellent performance last night was due to him having been "rested" for three matches.

I hope they can do something about Gallagher. He clearly has talent, produes wonderful moments and has improved our dead ball quality. However, every match, even the ones where he scores brilliant goals, he can give the ball away with a generosity that even Ryan McGivern would envy.
The Gallagher "ineptitude moments" baffle me but I hope Shakespeare and Walsh Sr know the reason and can do something about it. A consistent Gallagher would become a very good player indeed.

Keep
Chris Weale
Michael Morrison
Aleksandar Tunchev (providing he can prove his fitness)
Andy King
Lloyd Dyer
Matt Fryatt
Bruno Berner
Dany N'Guessan
Richie Wellens
Paul Gallagher
Jack Hobbs
Conrad Logan
Steve Howard
Nobby Solano
Wayne Brown
Yann Kermorgant

Get Rid
Robbie Neilson
Aman Verma
Nicky Adams
Matt Oakley

Send Back
Ryan McGivern
James Vaughan

Try To Sign
Alex Bruce
Jay Spearing
Martyn Waghorn

Looking at the player contracts thread, we have a decent squad with those that are currently under contract excluding those on loan or with contracts ending this year.

Weale

Morrison, Hobbs, Brown, Berner

Gallagher, A. King, Wellens, Dyer

Howard, Fryatt

Subs: Logan, N'Guessan, Oakley, Neilson, Kermogant,

Also available: -

Wesolowski, Campbell, Worley, Adams, Tunchev, O'Neill, Chambers, C. King,

Given a few of these will never play for Leicester again, but as long as we keep Pearson and his scouting team I think we will bring in a couple more permanent signings like Hobbs then use the loan system to bring in a few more like Spearing and Waghorn.

I think we have a chance of challenging for automatic promotions next season.

Priorities IMO outside of getting Pearson on a long term deal are:

2 creative wide players
A right back
A big forward to play second fiddle to Howard for a year then step up
Waghorn

Pearson is almost certainly going to exit the Walkers so someone else will be doing the planning.

I think he wants out anyway and MM isn't going to be lashing out the sort of money that Pearson says he wants. I would guess that Pearson is calling his bluff; knows perfectly well that the money won't be there and its just a bit of a smokescreen. He's done a good job but will see Leicester as a stepping stone and want to cash-in on his success here.

We will survive all this but its a massive shame that NP got the tactics wrong for the first leg and that a fringe player was unprofessional enough to wreck the good work in the second leg by trying to be clever with the crucial penalty - he should leave cleverness to players who have a bit of ability.

As for next season's squad. It won't be about tinkering about. A short but successful period is over and it's back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Sorry but in all this talk about Pearson leaving there seems to be something missing, where the **** is he going to go???

Sorry but in all this talk about Pearson leaving there seems to be something missing, where the **** is he going to go???

Aberdeen?

Redditch lives in this parallel universe of worst case scenario.

I'm sorry to say that over the next few weeks, that you and many other supporters are most likely going to be transported to this particular parallel universe.

Pearson - is sending out clear messages to 'bigger' clubs that he isn't committed to LCFC. It's just a question of who is interested in him.

I want to be clear that I'm not criticising him - he has every right to do what he sees best for him.

I'm sorry to say that over the next few weeks, that you and many other supporters are most likely going to be transported to this particular parallel universe.

Pearson - is sending out clear messages to 'bigger' clubs that he isn't committed to LCFC. It's just a question of who is interested in him.

I want to be clear that I'm not criticising him - he has every right to do what he sees best for him.

IMO and it may be a bit of a mongie opinion but I truly believe the only club NP is trying to send a message to is ours. It is as if he is saying "right you lot you payed me a shit wage and gave me a chance to prove myself now I have done that reward me"

You've had the same defeatist attitude for the past two years despite having it been two brilliant years.

I am fully aware of Pearson's attitude. He's already mentioned there's clauses in his contract. The ball is in City's court.

IMO and it may be a bit of a mongie opinion but I truly believe the only club NP is trying to send a message to is ours. It is as if he is saying "right you lot you payed me a shit wage and gave me a chance to prove myself now I have done that reward me"

I would like to believe that.

Unfortunately, I can't see why a professional football manager with ambition would limit his horizons to us.........especially when access to funding at LCFC looks problematic.

My take is that MM has put tidy sums into financially proping up the club over a number of seasons. We were within a finger tip of hitting the jackpot and the realisation of him recouping his outlays plus a whole lot more into the kitty......and now that hope is dashed. I really can't see him wanting to put in more money beyond the baseline of covering a deficit for next season.

I would like to believe that.

Unfortunately, I can't see why a professional football manager with ambition would limit his horizons to us.........especially when access to funding at LCFC looks problematic.

My take is that MM has put tidy sums into financially proping up the club over a number of seasons. We were within a finger tip of hitting the jackpot and the realisation of him recouping his outlays plus a whole lot more into the kitty......and now that hope is dashed. I really can't see him wanting to put in more money beyond the baseline of covering a deficit for next season.

As a business man I'm sure MM will see the the benefit of building on this season and going again for the big prize. Continually covering our loses is not in his business plan, I'd be pretty sure of that.

Pearson is almost certainly going to exit the Walkers so someone else will be doing the planning.

I think he wants out anyway and MM isn't going to be lashing out the sort of money that Pearson says he wants. I would guess that Pearson is calling his bluff; knows perfectly well that the money won't be there and its just a bit of a smokescreen. He's done a good job but will see Leicester as a stepping stone and want to cash-in on his success here.

We will survive all this but its a massive shame that NP got the tactics wrong for the first leg and that a fringe player was unprofessional enough to wreck the good work in the second leg by trying to be clever with the crucial penalty - he should leave cleverness to players who have a bit of ability.

As for next season's squad. It won't be about tinkering about. A short but successful period is over and it's back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Fred from the LM site anyone???? :102:

Priorities IMO outside of getting Pearson on a long term deal are:

2 creative wide players
A right back
A big forward to play second fiddle to Howard for a year then step up
Waghorn
I would add Spearing to that list, I think his chances at that horrid club are near zero. We need him here to make his name with regular football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669