Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
and while I prefer to watch Dyer it was clear that Gallagher merited his place in the team.

Just read this bit again.

Interesting how people have different preferences on types of players. Gallagher is my personal favourite player to watch, can open up the defence with one perfectly weighted ball.

Interesting how people have different preferences on types of players. Gallagher is my personal favourite player to watch, can open up the defence with one perfectly weighted ball.

But needs someone on the end of it, whereas Dyer can open up the defence with one fast sidestep and still have the ball at his feet for a shot or a pass.

I have always found wing play exciting. This prejudice may be why Keith Weller is my favourite ever Leicester player and why as greatest ever British player I go for Matthews rather than Charlton.

With regards to Nicky Maynard if I were a neutral advisor I would certainly tell him to join Leicester. For a young man learning from others is tremendously important. I would tell him "You are a professional footballer. You have a choice between learning from Keith Millen or from a world class manager. Just think what you can learn from Sven." I believe the modern slang is "no brainer".

Completely agree. Millen though, although not comparable to Eriksson, is a good manager who has given Maynard a good grounding and sees him as his key player, so there'll be loyalty there. Maynard has potential to be the best striker in the championship, and my only reservation about him is his potential to go down with another knee injury (a la Tunchev) early next year. If we can get him and Heskey, and shift two/three players out (howard, oakley, waghorn/vassell (loan)) to make room i think we'll be set. £15m lighter than last year for Asian Sports Investments, but with these last additions Sven will definitely have delivered a team that should be among the top 2 or 3 teams in the promotion shake up. You can't call us favourites because Blackpoo, Birmingham and West Ham are fantastic sides who on paper have better players than we have procured with our £15m. Add Forest, Hull, Bristol City, Reading, Milwall, Southampton and Brighton to that and you've got a VERY strong Championship this year. But my cash is on Sven and the King Power Revolution.

I have always found wing play exciting. This prejudice may be why Keith Weller is my favourite ever Leicester player and why as greatest ever British player I go for Matthews rather than Charlton.

With regards to Nicky Maynard if I were a neutral advisor I would certainly tell him to join Leicester. For a young man learning from others is tremendously important. I would tell him "You are a professional footballer. You have a choice between learning from Keith Millen or from a world class manager. Just think what you can learn from Sven." I believe the modern slang is "no brainer".

Great post Sparky79. I think that should we buy or loan one or two more players, then we will have one of strongest squads in the division. Even West Ham will be selling some of there players during this transfer window.

Looking at the Leicester Mercury today it seems that SGE has still got his hopes set on signing Nicky Maynard. but is he Maynard worth all this money if SGE as he as others strikers in his sights,though i must admit i saw him a couple of times last season and he did look the full package to me.

Looking at the Leicester Mercury today it seems that SGE has still got his hopes set on signing Nicky Maynard. but is he Maynard worth all this money if SGE as he as others strikers in his sights,though i must admit i saw him a couple of times last season and he did look the full package to me.

I think if Sven is willing to pay upwards of £5m on him, then I think he must be fairly pivotal in what he is trying to achieve.

He paid around £5million for mills whom he clearly rates so it's a fair assumption he rates Maynard at least equally to mills.

The fact that Maynard remains silent suggests to me that we will get our man. If he had wanted to stay at bc he would have signed another contract by now.

I have a jas123 feeling he will be ours this week (fingers crossed)...

I agree camberwell with your comments fully ,and i also think that if we had Maynard onboard we would have an almost complete package to get us up this year ,cant wait for Coventry ,COME ON LEICESTER.

I hope you are right, but personally, I find the longer this goes on the less likely I feel it will happen.

Let's hope you are right. :)

On Thursdays Bristol City website, it reads that they are affraid that maynard will be picked off by a bigger club (WHOS BIGGER THAN LCFC at the moment)

Here is that Mercury article btw

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-12995767-detail/story.html?

Leicester City have more than one striker target as they bid to bolster their attack with a 20-goal-a-season frontman, says manager Sven-Goran Eriksson.

City are chasing Bristol City's Nicky Maynard and have had three bids for the 24-year-old turned down so far.

But City, who play their final pre-season tour match today against Valencia in Austria, have not given up.

Although Eriksson would not comment on individuals, he said he does have other options if he is unsuccessful in landing his number one target.

City, who have officially announced John Pantsil as their eighth summer signing, will now step up their attempts to sign a striker.

"We have to have more than one target because otherwise, if you go for one target and it proves to be impossible, then you end up without, so yes, there is more than one target," he said.

"Before we have players signed, I don't want to comment on names, it is not right.

"I am almost certain that there will be a couple more players coming in.

"We want to try to make the squad as strong as possible and we would like to have two players in every position, to have 20 outfield players who are all strong so we can change over now and again, because I think it is necessary.

"We have 46 games, which is a lot.

"We have a squad that is strong and we will be strong all the way to the end of the season, which you need in this league.""

fOR ANYONE INTERESTED YOU CAN WATCH THE CITY MATCH LIVE ON YOUR PC THIS AFTERNOON THE WEBSITE IS (MY2P2)CLICK ON THERE AND THEN CLICK ONTO FOOTBALL AND YOU WILL SEE THE MATCHES BEING SHOWN ON THERE ,THE LEICESTER MATCH IS ON PAGE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669