No Sense

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes no sense, if he can sign a contract for a different club and leave for free in less than 12 months.....

Leicester price Norwich out of Scowcroft deal
tribalfootball.com - July 12, 2004

Leicester City are demanding £2 million for striker James Scowcroft.
Norwich boss Nigel Worthington is keen on the centre-forward, but won't go higher than £750,000.

Scowcroft is inside the final year of his Foxes deal and could sign a pre-contract with Norwich in January if Leicester continue to dig in their heels.
 

gagandeep

New Member
its stupid aint it. why dont we just accept 750k, we have better players to play up-front and RM. get rid of him i say. and save 2 million on wages, and the transfer fee put together.
 

webmaster

Moderator
It might not be as easy as that.

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.
So any fee we receive may not actually end up in the club's bank account.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.
 

RoyFox

New Member
webmaster said:
It might not be as easy as that.

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.
So any fee we receive may not actually end up in the club's bank account.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.


Lets get rid of him for £750,000. We have a better replacement in the team - Canero was devastating vs Charlton, I see him as a winger rather than right back.
 

Steven

Active Member
RoyFox said:
webmaster said:
It might not be as easy as that.

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.
So any fee we receive may not actually end up in the club's bank account.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.


Lets get rid of him for £750,000. We have a better replacement in the team - Canero was devastating vs Charlton, I see him as a winger rather than right back.

But we would miss that power in the air. :roll: :? :? :wink:
 

RoyFox

New Member
Steven said:
RoyFox said:
webmaster said:
It might not be as easy as that.

I doubt Norwich will offer to pay him as much as he's on at Leicester, so Scowcroft may expect part of the fee to cover his reduced earnings.
He may also be due a 'loyalty bonus' if he's sold without asking for a transfer.
So any fee we receive may not actually end up in the club's bank account.

I'd still get rid of him anyway, but if MA sees him as a first team player I can understand him not wanting to let him go if he's not going to get enough money to sign a replacement.


Lets get rid of him for £750,000. We have a better replacement in the team - Canero was devastating vs Charlton, I see him as a winger rather than right back.

But we would miss that power in the air. :roll: :? :? :wink:


Good point, mind you Conelly can use his nut, as for Dion!!!
 

Dickovforengland!

New Member
Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.
 

gagandeep

New Member
Dickovforengland! said:
Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.

anyway do u want to change your user name, cos dickov is scum!
 

trickytrev

New Member
gagandeep said:
Dickovforengland! said:
Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.

anyway do u want to change your user name, cos dickov is scum!

Don't agree with that, but he certainly isn't English.
 

Craig

New Member
trickytrev said:
gagandeep said:
Dickovforengland! said:
Much as I hate Slowey am sure he will chip in 10 goals for us this season and as has been pointed out the £2M is probably a reflection of contractual obligations rather than regard for his worth as a player.

anyway do u want to change your user name, cos dickov is scum!

Don't agree with that, but he certainly isn't English.
If "scum" scores goals and runs its heart out for the team... id have 11 scummy players on that pitch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Manchester City3377
2Manchester Utd3266
3Leicester3156
4Chelsea3255
5West Ham Utd3255
6Tottenham 3353
7Liverpool3253
8Everton3149
9Arsenal3246
10Leeds Utd3246
11Aston Villa3144
12Wolves3241
13Palace3138
14Southampton3236
15Newcastle Utd3235
16Brighton3234
17Burnley3233
18Fulham3327
19West Brom3124
20Sheffield Utd3214

Latest posts

Top