Not a conversation I expected to have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 30 years back I was at a conference in Nice. One night we decided to get away from the tourist area and find a local restaurant. We found one down a side street, very authentic-looking with old wooden tables & benches. We were welcomed by a little old lady in long black dress, shawl & headscarf.

As we struggled with the menu (delivered verbally) she said to our surprise that she spoke English, which she did with a flawless accent.

It transpired she was a native of Leicester and in the 1960s used to run the snack bar by the clock tower which I used to frequent when AWOL (sorry, doing private study) from school.

Just remembered when on a uni field work trip in Mallorca. Walking around Alcudia on a night off we walked into the 'foxes arms' - a bar covered in LCFC shirts and posters.

There are loads of Leicester bars over the world - you dont see many over clubs having these do you?

Yep been in there too. :icon_wink

I've been to one in Cala D'or called Lineker's Bar as well, that was owned by a city fan. We're all over the place!

Just remembered when on a uni field work trip in Mallorca. Walking around Alcudia on a night off we walked into the 'foxes arms' - a bar covered in LCFC shirts and posters.

There are loads of Leicester bars over the world - you dont see many over clubs having these do you?

Is that te one that's called "Foxes Tavern" or something along those lines. They did a couple of offers in the Mockery a few years ago.

Wasn't Linekers bars a venture by Wayne Lineker (Garys brother)

There is definately a Linekers in Magaluf, but I didn't realise there was one in Cala D'or as well.

The Magaluf bar has pictures of famous footballers all around it. Leicester is (or at least was in 2004) represented by Heskey and Junior Lewis.

There is definately a Linekers in Magaluf, but I didn't realise there was one in Cala D'or as well.

There's one on Tenerife as well, Playa de las Americas If I remember correctly. (Or at least there used to be).

I remember back in the day when I went to Turkey, every waiter asked me where I was from, and when I replied Leicester they always said 'Mmmmuuuuuzzzzyyyyy!'

Legend!

The moral of the story is, wherever drunken idiots congregate, Wayne Lineker sets up a bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669