Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to have to play it as kids, it seems to have quietly slipped away along with the 6 second rule.

See Stockdale just hoofed the ball into the crowd after P'boro's 7th and didn't get booked, no surprise really.

That cheered me up :icon_bigg

Slightly off topic, do you know when and why they removed the ruling about the 'keeper needing to take a goal kick on the side it went out?

It was ages ago. I think at the time they said it was to speed up the game so goalkeepers could take it from the nearest side. Immediately they started using it to waste time.

Last edited:
Cant remember being this ****ed off after a game, 2 Forest ****s nearly found themselves with a thick ****ing lip outside the ground afterwards, cocky ****ing pricks.

It was ages ago. I think at the time they said it was to speed up the game so goalkeepers could take it from the nearest site. Immediately they started using it to waste time.

My biggest bug bear (or bare) in the game is when 'keepers do that all game and the ref books them in the 90th minute as a token gesture.

It was ages ago. I think at the time they said it was to speed up the game so goalkeepers could take it from the nearest site. Immediately they started using it to waste time.

Yepp, always going to the opposite side of the goal.

Have real concerns wit the way referees percieve us, just watched the highlights on sky, it was never a penalty, he didnt even know where the ball was when it touched his hand. We desperately need another quality striker asap, good news is we are satrting to gel together. Patience is what is needed, some seem to think we will smash every one because we spent so much, utter bollox!
We will still be there at the end of the season!

Having seen the highlights Notts posted, I agree with myself. The ref was harsh sending off Kasper. And the penalty was a joke. Yes it touched his arm, but ref, seriously!!!

Have real concerns wit the way referees percieve us, just watched the highlights on sky, it was never a penalty, he didnt even know where the ball was when it touched his hand. We desperately need another quality striker asap, good news is we are satrting to gel together. Patience is what is needed, some seem to think we will smash every one because we spent so much, utter bollox!
We will still be there at the end of the season!

Nugent is averaging 1 goal every second match so far. Keep it up and it should make him the 20 goal a season everyone's shouting for....

Nugent is averaging 1 goal every second match so far. Keep it up and it should make him the 20 goal a season everyone's shouting for....

I still think we need another addition even though Nugent is doing pretty well. When he was subbed the only place I thought we might pinch a third from could be Fernandes, such is my faith in Vassell. Would have been the same had we had Waghorn and/or Howard on the pitch. Schlupp is a bit young and inexperienced yet but hopefully he will be given another chance in midweek to start against Bury.

Le Fondre could still be worth a punt at a relatively inexpensive price. He scored again today for Rotherham. We are looking at the right players generally it's just disappointing we haven't been able to bring anyone suitable in.

Wan't there but after watching those highlights, what did Kasper do to get sent off? If he got booked, why didn't Camp get booked after our first goal when he picked the ball out of the net and booted it upfield?

Cannot believe the criticism of Weale for their equaliser. Watched it several times and cannot understand why he was in any way to blame.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, do you know when and why they removed the ruling about the 'keeper needing to take a goal kick on the side it went out?

Not sure - but I'd guess that it was at least 15-20 years ago.

Based on no technical knowledge whatsoever, but was that ever a rule or just common practice?

It was a rule and refs were very strict about it. If the ball went out in the middle the keeper would often ask which side he was to take it.

He came out of his goal and didn't get the ball, leaving the goal unguarded. If he'd stayed on his line he might have saved it.

If Kasper wasn't such a petulant ****ing child he would not have been on the pitch in the first place, I wish people would stop slagging Weale off, today was not his fault.

Sven on the other hand, bringing that nancy ****ing prick Gally on is a different matter, why would you bring that half hearted weak **** on when protecting a 2 goal lead is beyond me.

Last edited:
See Stockdale just hoofed the ball into the crowd after P'boro's 7th and didn't get booked, no surprise really.

Stockdale had been praying for some time that that the ground would open and swallow him up. When the Almighty failed to oblige, he decided that getting sent off would not be a bad alternative. I do think though that the ref would have seen his action as simply one of frustration, rather than as a sign of contempt or dissent.

I do not know whether people realise that refs are updated with what the refereeing committee sees as problems in the game. Schmeichel has done this so often now that I would not be surprised if refs have been told to watch for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669