Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forest equalizer looked like a foul to me, for barging.
But to be fair, he did touch the ball for the penalty. I am being charitable to the ref here, I think it was a bit harsh.

The sending off looks like a farce, judging from the video from the forest fans.

I do not know whether people realise that refs are updated with what the refereeing committee sees as problems in the game. Schmeichel has done this so often now that I would not be surprised if refs have been told to watch for it.

So it's a conspiracy against us! I knew it. Bastard ref commitee!!!

Last edited:
He came out of his goal and didn't get the ball, leaving the goal unguarded. If he'd stayed on his line he might have saved it.

Jeff, I've watched it again and I don't think any other goalkeeper would have positioned himself any differently. I'm not a particular fan of his but still think criticism is very harsh.

Jeff, I've watched it again and I don't think any other goalkeeper would have positioned himself any differently. I'm not a particular fan of his but still think criticism is very harsh.

Surely a goalkeeper should only come for a cross if he's going to get to it. So it was either a failure of judgement to come for it, or the right judgement but crap execution. Either way he got it wrong.

kasper says on the lcfc site that he expected a yellow for throwing the ball out (says he was trying to deny them the impetus gained from charging back to the half way line, ball in hand). he insists that he didnt see the initial yellow. (is it the refs responsibility to ensure that the player sees the card?). although technically both yellows are justifiable, the referee showed no common sense whatsoever, especially as the ball ended up on the half way line near the centre circle.

given the past two performances, we should be happy with the way we played and it bodes well for the season. we should be able to defend a lead, even with 10 men. however, we didnt and we have to learn from it. a bit of siege mentality if sven gets them thinking that the establishment have it 'in for us' may also be no bad thing for team spirit.

My second away match in recent times and second time behind a goal. I am suspicious about how certain people are at what happens at the other end of the pitch. Was there any announcement of who scored the second Leicester goal since no one around me knew? - word that it was Fernandes filtered through. Again I am amazed that anyone watching in the Leicester crowd could be certain whether it was a penalty or not.

I imagine that being behind the goal in an away match is very much like being in the Kop at the King Power. If I am wrong perhaps some Kop-ite can explain the difference. I enjoyed the atmosphere and much of the singing. As when I went to the Coventry game there was no discussion of the match.During the Bristol City hoe game there had been a lot of talk about whether or not King should be subbed; no serious discussion here. The view of corners taken just below you is excellent but generally I do not believe you get anywhere near as good a view of the match as from the half way point. In the first half I was the opposite side to John Pantsil and thought at half-time I really could not say whether he was playing well or not. The tension as we tried to hold onto our lead was quite acute and I would guess some of this came from the Kop-like atmosphere.

The rivalry between Leicester and Forest had always seemed to me rather pantomime hatred. I was surprised at the genuine hatred that a number of Leicester supporters had for Nottingham. A number seemed to have no interest in the football except as a way of taunting the folks from Nottingham. The question of standing or sitting was solved for me in a most unsatisfactory way. You had to stand because everyone in front of you was standing for the whole match. I realise that most people on this Forum are young dynamic and athletic; however for those of us who bear a resemblance to Mr Pickwick standing for two 45 minutes is not pleasant.

As with the Coventry match I found the FoxTravel did the job excellently and for anyone thinking of going tpo an away match it really could not be better organised.

I knew at the time of the 1st booking that Kasper didn't see it. As for those blaming Weale, get a ****ing grip.

Sorry but I don't get how Weale doesn't take any blame for that second goal. It's not like people are blaming everything on him, purely saying that he should have done better with the cross. As Jeff said, you either stay on your line, or you come for it. If you come for it you need to be sure you are going to get it. He came for it, he didn't stay on his line, he didn't get it - he ****ed up. It was the only thing he had to get right in his time on the pitch. Maybe there is an argument that the defenders at the back post should or could have defended it better but I would expect that when they see their goalkeeper coming for it their view could be impeded and they would expect him to collect the cross. Obviously not the first **** up he has made for us either..

Get a grip on what? Weale was undoubtedly partially responsible for the second. He came, he missed the ball completely and the lad knocked it into an empty net.

Is he wholly responsible for the result? No.

Does he have a slice of the blame, certainly. He's had a few slices in his time.

Kaspers attitude certainly didn't help matters, nor gallys swannying about.

Last edited:
kasper says on the lcfc site that he expected a yellow for throwing the ball out (says he was trying to deny them the impetus gained from charging back to the half way line, ball in hand). he insists that he didnt see the initial yellow. (is it the refs responsibility to ensure that the player sees the card?). although technically both yellows are justifiable, the referee showed no common sense whatsoever, especially as the ball ended up on the half way line near the centre circle.

given the past two performances, we should be happy with the way we played and it bodes well for the season. we should be able to defend a lead, even with 10 men. however, we didnt and we have to learn from it. a bit of siege mentality if sven gets them thinking that the establishment have it 'in for us' may also be no bad thing for team spirit.

I don't see how it denies then impetus, we take the kick off so can slow it down there.

just reporting what he said. however, i agree with him - two strikers charging back to the half way line, one then planting the ball on the spot. seems obvious to me.

just because they put the ball down, doesn't mean we have to rush to kick off

The rivalry between Leicester and Forest had always seemed to me rather pantomime hatred. I was surprised at the genuine hatred that a number of Leicester supporters had for Nottingham. A number seemed to have no interest in the football except as a way of taunting the folks from Nottingham. The question of standing or sitting was solved for me in a most unsatisfactory way. You had to stand because everyone in front of you was standing for the whole match. I realise that most people on this Forum are young dynamic and athletic; however for those of us who bear a resemblance to Mr Pickwick standing for two 45 minutes is not pleasant.

City fans mix ignorance, hatred and selfishness in frightening proportions.

City fans mix ignorance, hatred and selfishness in frightening proportions.

Any football clubs fans mix ignorance, hatred and selfishness in frightening proportions

Last edited:
I don't see how it denies then impetus, we take the kick off so can slow it down there.

He was just trying to waste time. If you listen to his post match interview, he admits that was his intention.

He was just trying to waste time. If you listen to his post match interview, he admits that was his intention.

I accept that, was just pointing out there are better ways to do it that don't risk getting your 'keeper sent off.

The decision the ref made look even worse after the replays. It doesn't look like the keeper does not know he is booked and he throws it out towards the half way line and not the crowd.

At the end of the day this was a better performance - surprisingly better - and something to build on.

Having no adequate back up keeper is a bit of a problem and its difficult to attract a second keeper when there isn't much chance of them getting many first team games.

We're buggered if Nugent's injured though. Really thought him and Vassell shown up their centre-half pairing for pace. Killed that threat when Gally went on, maybe Schlupp would have been a better choice.

At 2 up, I always feared it. It was akin to the last time we went 2 up there. The only time I thought we might pull off was when McGugan's free kick in the 92th minute hit the wall.

The other game changer was Majewski coming on, Forest had more balance. Cohen was playing right midfield and very uncomfortable there, he kept coming inside this gave our left hand side free reign. That said we were still reasonably comfortable with them managing one shot on target: A good tactic from Sven was Fernandes right hand side of the diamond, it kept McGugan in check.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670