Post Match Nottingham Forest 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ref could have booked him for dissent rather than time wasting. It was a stupid thing to do, even if he didn't realise he'd already been shown a yellow.

Maybe, I think even that would have been harsh. Like I say you get players doing it all the time, you can bet your life the same referee in his next game or two will let similar incidents go. It was a silly thing to do, but at the same time there is no consistency with these decisions - atleast it will be a valuable lesson for Kasper to try and curb his aggression. Either way, if the referee gets the decision right in the first place then the issue doesn't come up.

A combination of him and Weale's inability earned Forest a point today. I said to a friend at half time that it was inevitable Forest would start to find a way in to the match at some point in the second half and that bore out around 20 minutes in. I felt we dealt with the increased pressure very well and managed to create a few decent counter attacks but like I say the decision changes the complexion of the game completely. If Forest have been this jammy for the past 30 or so years you can understand why we haven't won there in the league since 1972....

I was all set to come on here and take my punishment for the horror show served up by Steve McClown and his pathetic team selection for the first half - arguably the worst half I have witnessed in many a long year.

Only one team in it at half team and the half time major surgery was only needed because the twat ****ed up on the original team selection.

Schmeichel should give every fan, player and boss a full unreserved apology for his apalling lack of discipline as that is the only reason we got back into the game.

McClown should clear his desk and bog off

to anyone there or watching the live feed - did we tire prior to the sending off or were we still comfortable? also, post the sending off, did we look vulnerable or were they just hoofing it long and looking for a lucky break?

just saw the sending off - the ref should 'hang his head in shame'. completely caught up in the atmosphere and lost it. no time wasting there. the ball is on the half way line.

Last edited:
The sending off

Thanks for sharing! Ironically the ball came quicker to the half way line thanks to the attemted time wasting or whatever it was

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Ironically the ball came quicker to the half way line thanks to the attemted time wasting or whatever it was

It's also clear that it stayed within the field of play. It may therefore be that he was booked for dissent. My other thought was that he might have used 'foul and abusive language' which would have meant a longer ban (two games) - but it's very clear it was two yellows, so just the one game.

Last edited:
to anyone there or watching the live feed - did we tire prior to the sending off or were we still comfortable? also, post the sending off, did we look vulnerable or were they just hoofing it long and looking for a lucky break?

Still fairly comfortable. Forest coming more into but defending well. Still passing around for the most part, except for Konchesky who I am becoming increasing frustrated with with his long ball punting down the wings that ultimately don't lead to much.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also clear that it stayed within the field of play. It may therefore be that he was booked for dissent. My other thought was that he might have used 'foul and abusive language' which would have meant a longer ban (two games) - but it's very clear it was two yellows, so just the one game.

If it was for throwing the ball upfield then it was a harsh decision. The ref could just have had a word with him instead of showing off and flashing the red card. Anyway, young Kasper needs to calm down!

If it was for throwing the ball upfield then it was a harsh decision. The ref could just have had a word with him instead of showing off and flashing the red card. Anyway, young Kasper needs to calm down!

Why should the ref just have a word with him. The player was out of control - just as he was when he was ranting at his own team-mates on Wednesday. You're right about him needing to calm down though.

Why should the ref just have a word with him. The player was out of control - just as he was when he was ranting at his own team-mates on Wednesday. You're right about him needing to calm down though.

Slightly off topic, do you know when and why they removed the ruling about the 'keeper needing to take a goal kick on the side it went out?

We used to have to play it as kids, it seems to have quietly slipped away along with the 6 second rule.

See Stockdale just hoofed the ball into the crowd after P'boro's 7th and didn't get booked, no surprise really.

Didn't see the match, just this incident so I can't tell if he was out of control or not.

There is little doubt that the ref was in his full right to send him off. However, having just booked him, maybe another ref would have taken a more lenient approach and warned him that the next time he does something stupid he's off. But then again I'm biased and that incident was more or less the reason for us dropping two points today so there I go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669