Pre Match Nottingham Forest vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not Pea Son's, it is supporters equating reckless spending and hype with definite promotion...something a certain couple of clueless Thais seem to believe too.
It worked at Man City. Not promotion obviously, but you get the point.

How much money has he had at his disposal?

Obviously I don't know exactly, but it is clear that we have spent more money than most in the league. With the players we have got we should be much higher than where we are in the table, I don't know how anyone can argue that. He is the problem, we are going no where with Pearson.

Yep. It's worked so well there this year I expect to see everyone spending hundreds of millions to also achieve the same.
It's quite sad that it is regarded as a failure to end up as runners up in the league and possible FA cup winners. Says a lot about modern football really.

It's quite sad that it is regarded as a failure to end up as runners up in the league and possible FA cup winners. Says a lot about modern football really.
Being Champions is where it's at I'm afraid.

still hoping your lot to turn Dull over at the weekend
I fear the old Scottish boys network may come into play. Shame, but I'd rather take them up with us than Watford.

Last edited:
said on the moan-in, that the club are looking into beaming back the match to the KP

The problem is not Pea Son's, it is supporters equating reckless spending and hype with definite promotion...something a certain couple of clueless Thais seem to believe too.

The solution isn't 'to increase net spending, and therefore debt levels at the club, by sacking everyone'. People have been posting all of this season about their growing discomfort with the nature of the club's debt burden resulting from wild mismanagement by the owners; this is no point to be continuing it.

If anybody should leave the club now then I know damn well who I'd nominate.

The club should be at the centre of the community, providing affordable prices and acting as a community partner. It should not be recklessly spending money it can't afford (based upon income) chasing vanity-projects.

:038:

The solution isn't 'to increase net spending, and therefore debt levels at the club, by sacking everyone'. People have been posting all of this season about their growing discomfort with the nature of the club's debt burden resulting from wild mismanagement by the owners; this is no point to be continuing it.

If anybody should leave the club now then I know damn well who I'd nominate.

The club should be at the centre of the community, providing affordable prices and acting as a community partner. It should not be recklessly spending money it can't afford (based upon income) chasing vanity-projects.

Those "clueless Thais" own the club. High expenditure and instant success are the main stay of modern football: to mis-quote NP, if you don't like it, find another sport to follow! :icon_lol:

I´ll be keeping fingers crossed on saturday.....even though our chances are, at best, slim. Am watching Villa v Sunderland at the moment & it´s 2-1, with all 3 goals scored inside 7 minutes. One thing that worries me is that the pace & class of both these sides, looks to be long way from what we are managing at the moment!:104:. If we do go up via the play-offs, we will really have to up it, to survive in the premiership!

Just got a bit of a lift, though.......Danish TV just showed "highlights" from Reading v QPR & that was a dismal affair, more fitting of teams in the Conference! So there IS hope yet!

Those "clueless Thais" own the club.

Not sure what the point of this statement is. I know they own the club, I wish they didn't. I hope they cut their losses, **** off and bequeath the club to supporter control by way of saying sorry.

High expenditure and instant success are the main stay of modern football

No it isn't, not even slighlty if you consider the game at large. Certainly not as you go down the pyramid to where the bulk of football teams play at.

Not sure what the point of this statement is. I know they own the club, I wish they didn't. I hope they cut their losses, **** off and bequeath the club to supporter control by way of saying sorry.

No it isn't, not even slighlty if you consider the game at large. Certainly not as you go down the pyramid to where the bulk of football teams play at.

The point of the first statement is that the Thais, as owners, have the right to take the club in whatever direction they may choose. We fans are a fickle bunch, we complain when financial results show that our team owes half the national debt, but rub our hands when yet another overpaid 'star' signs on the dotted line.

You say that high expenditure is not the norm in modern football: how many of these lower league teams are operating to a profit? Spending may lack a few noughts, in comparison to the Premier League, but very few professional clubs, in this country, are particularly well run.
On your final idea, that our owners "go away" and give the club to the fans: how would they be able to service the current debt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566