Oh no - not the Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the up side, there a quite few jobs going next summer repainting the seats

The tigers were planning a bid to buy the walkers stadium when we were in adminastration for £5 million but couldn't get the bid together qucik enough.

What's the big problem with sharing the stadium anyway? who cares if we share with the tigers? they will have a plan to keep the pitch in good condition or they wouldn't be doing it, look at watford and QPR they do it so why shouldn't we?

This is like owning a massive house, but allowing a tramp who lives in a tatty shed to come and sleep on your bed whilst you go work. :evil:

I dont think its a bad idea. Watford and QPR arent the only ones Reading, Stockport, Wycombe and a few rugby league teams groundshare with football clubs. Not quite sure about the 're-branding' inside the ground pretty obvious seating is going to change unless they can get Tigers to play in blue & white :) and have their current home kit as an away kit.

Sorted :)

Hull do it, Peter Taylor personally shits all over the pitch to keep it in good nick. When I say 'shits' I obviously mean talks, which in his case is the same thing.

Craig said:
This is like owning a massive house, but allowing a tramp who lives in a tatty shed to come and sleep on your bed whilst you go work. :evil:

:lol: :evil: ARRRHHH

You can see the reasons why, but agree that the whole 're-branding' thing and the pitch are worrying. We will have lost our identity, you won't be going to our football ground you will be going to the 'super stadium'.
I can not also see that there is a miracle cure for the grass not being churned up either, if so, others that ground share would have done it and by what I have seen of there pitches :( :? .
On the up side it will piss the Tigers fans off even more, no more standing, no more drinking pints whilst watching the game on the teraces.

Business wise it makes sense, but bye bye heritage.

so one side will say Leicester City and be blue and one end should be blue and say foxes or something (preferably the kop and opposite the coporate stand) and the others will have tigers on. it's a big deal, it will still be our home, it will be a step forward for the tigers.

they sell out most weeks, and average something like between 19,000-21,000 and could sell more.

I am a little confused by the statement.

What is the cash injection?

Who are we buying the stadium from? I thought it was owned by the American bank.

If its 50/50 share then surely the tigers keepthere gate receipts and we ours.

Don't really see any benefit to LCFC, but loads to the Tigers!!

homer said:
Regardless of the pitch issue (which will be a fooking disaster - Old trafford gets fooked every time the rugby league boys play on there), this move puts the final nail in the coofin of our club having a true home

It will not be our stadium any more (yes I know we don't own it, but you know what I mean). It will be full of rugby memorabilia and full of rugby loving waankers everywhere.
It ceases to be the home of football

Filbo had to go, for obvious reasons. But we are now about to hand over our new home lock stock and barrel for the "corporate good".
Bye bye identity, history and heritage. hello multi functional generic nightmare that belongs to nobody in particular

Makes me sick to the stomach

As a tigers fan I must apologise to the obviously articulate Homer. Please forgive us for bringing a successful club to your stadium. As for your victriolic postings (and those of some of your "friends") well, you just epotomise the mentality of football fans (apologies to the sensible posters). No ability for rational debate and you immediately resort to offensive language.

I for one do not want to share the ground with such idiots as Homer and Highland Fox and the webmaster assuming he is a normal person, should consign you back to the cess pit from whence you came.

"Talking Balls" sums it up really

monafox said:

Who are we buying the stadium from? I thought it was owned by the American bank.

Spot on there, another thing is were the hell is the 50% coming from on LCFC side? we are told we are skint. Making a huge investment only a couple of years after admin surely is sending out the wrong message and how must the people that lost businesses through it and are still owed money feel :(

The voice of reason said:
homer said:
Regardless of the pitch issue (which will be a fooking disaster - Old trafford gets fooked every time the rugby league boys play on there), this move puts the final nail in the coofin of our club having a true home

It will not be our stadium any more (yes I know we don't own it, but you know what I mean). It will be full of rugby memorabilia and full of rugby loving waankers everywhere.
It ceases to be the home of football

Filbo had to go, for obvious reasons. But we are now about to hand over our new home lock stock and barrel for the "corporate good".
Bye bye identity, history and heritage. hello multi functional generic nightmare that belongs to nobody in particular

Makes me sick to the stomach

As a tigers fan I must apologise to the obviously articulate Homer. Please forgive us for bringing a successful club to your stadium. As for your victriolic postings (and those of some of your "friends") well, you just epotomise the mentality of football fans (apologies to the sensible posters). No ability for rational debate and you immediately resort to offensive language.

I for one do not want to share the ground with such idiots as Homer and Highland Fox and the webmaster assuming he is a normal person, should consign you back to the cess pit from whence you came.

"Talking Balls" sums it up really

It would seem that abuse is not only confined to football fans but megalomania is confined to some rugger fans. :wink:

i've been to watch tigers a few times, love it, good excuse to get absloutly wasted. can't see a problem with it myself, all for it!

I feel I must apologise to 'The Voice of Reason' I now realise that the 'shoving of Pils bottles up each other arses' is a sore point.

I've always maintained that Rugby is played by people who can't play football.

So now those jealous minority sport players want our stadium so that thy can pretend to be footballers.

Look at Old Trafford, their pitch has been in a dreadful state after playing Rugby League.

Not happy, not happy at all.

Hoorah Henry!

The Adams Hoof legacy remains

Naughty Fox said:
monafox said:

Spot on there, another thing is were the hell is the 50% coming from on LCFC side? we are told we are skint. Making a huge investment only a couple of years after admin surely is sending out the wrong message and how must the people that lost businesses through it and are still owed money feel :(

Is it really that difficult to understand?

At the moment we're paying 'rent' for the stadium.

If we buy it, with the Tigers, we'll be paying half the cost of the mortgage to buy it. Which should be a lot cheaper than what we're paying now. Also it should reduce the amount of day to day expenses on the stadium. So financially it's a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669