Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldham were superb, we weren't, end of, we move on. Well done Oldham and Windass.

Its all about opinions, and i'll stick with mine.

The live text thing backs up my opinion...

32:34 Shot by Matt Fryatt(Leicester) curled right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
33:39 Shot by Matt Fryatt(Leicester) right-footed from right side of penalty area (12 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
39:04 Cross by Tom Cleverley(Leicester), clearance by Sean Gregan(Oldham).
40:39 Foul by Deane Smalley(Oldham) on Tom Cleverley(Leicester). Free kick curled left-footed by Lloyd Dyer(Leicester) from right channel (25 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken short by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
42:57 Shot by Lloyd Dyer(Leicester) left-footed from left channel (30 yards), missed left. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
44:14 Foul by Tom Cleverley(Leicester) on Scott Golbourne(Oldham). Direct free kick taken left-footed by Greg Fleming(Oldham) from own half, resulting in open play.
44:49 Dean Windass(Oldham) caught offside. Indirect free kick taken right-footed by David Martin(Leicester) from own half, resulting in open play

The live text thing backs up my opinion...

32:34 Shot by Matt Fryatt(Leicester) curled right-footed from left side of penalty area (18 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
33:39 Shot by Matt Fryatt(Leicester) right-footed from right side of penalty area (12 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
39:04 Cross by Tom Cleverley(Leicester), clearance by Sean Gregan(Oldham).
40:39 Foul by Deane Smalley(Oldham) on Tom Cleverley(Leicester). Free kick curled left-footed by Lloyd Dyer(Leicester) from right channel (25 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken short by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
42:57 Shot by Lloyd Dyer(Leicester) left-footed from left channel (30 yards), missed left. Goal kick taken long by Greg Fleming(Oldham).
44:14 Foul by Tom Cleverley(Leicester) on Scott Golbourne(Oldham). Direct free kick taken left-footed by Greg Fleming(Oldham) from own half, resulting in open play.
44:49 Dean Windass(Oldham) caught offside. Indirect free kick taken right-footed by David Martin(Leicester) from own half, resulting in open play

Compiled by the Mockery:icon_wink

All credit to Oldham. However, we were poor in midfield and attack. Even with ten men Oldham looked dangerous and I thought they could have scored except for good play by the back four and David Martin. I become ever more impressed by Michael Morrison and wonder if he has the makings of a Premiership defender in a few years time (hopefully with Leicester).

It's the PremiumTV one, I don't know if the Mockery use the same one, but I'm sure they don't do their own, they don't even do their own report on the day of the match.

Well if you count a 10-15 min spell where the goalkeeper didn't have to make a single save then......:102:

I thought Oldham on the whole were better than us today. We didn't seem to get going, however it would have been so different if the pen had gone in I am sure.

I thought Oldham on the whole were better than us today. We didn't seem to get going, however it would have been so different if the pen had gone in I am sure.

I agree, i feel that had Oldham kept 11 men on the pitch then they were the more likely winners.
Like you say we never got going, and i was disappointed that NP didn't seem to change things at half time.

But we were dominating and creating chances, playing far better than we had been earlier in the game, and if we'd continued like that I'm sure we'd have won.

Whatever our opinions are we didn't deserve to win today.
Just hope the Walkers jinx is not returning.

What would you have changed BB?

I would have made substitutions at half time.
Why couldn't NP have got Dyer to switch wings and cut inside............anything to try and cause them more problems.
I dont think we closed them down quickly enough, and our distribution was very poor. They hustled us when we had the ball, and we were not smart enough or energetic enough to stamp our authority on the game. I thought we were lacklustre for most of the 90mins.

We had the chances to score but didn't take them, and Windass was either gonna concede a few or when it went into the box the rare times it did, he and the defence were going to somehow clear it, and that's what they did.

Wasn't a good performance but tbh it's a point closer to promotion. It certainly wasn't deserved to be booed imo.

I am unsure what we could have done to change it much, they were the better team on the day. Disappointed we didn't test Windass more however.

We had the chances to score but didn't take them, and Windass was either gonna concede a few or when it went into the box the rare times it did, he and the defence were going to somehow clear it, and that's what they did.

Wasn't a good performance but tbh it's a point closer to promotion. It certainly wasn't deserved to be booed imo.

Absolutely agree - what nonsense.

It says something that we are disappointed with a draw this season.
I had a feeling this would be a difficult game, and on this evidence Oldham will be well capable of taking points off our main rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69