One dreadful Night in Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Manford called it right. Murdering scum. Sad day for France, another sad day for humanity.

I've started one now anyway.

The England game being on Tuesday I would imagine will now be decided once the details from the COBRA meeting are fully announced.
Surely it is a decision for the French. As Hollande has declared 3 days of national mourning, I can't see them wanting to go ahead with a meaningless fixture.

I guess it is very difficult to guarantee safety in any large gathering.

I think one of the advantages of where we live is the fact that we are an Island and perhaps we have better control of our borders?
You have to be joking. We leak like a sieve.

The last time I went to Wembley they searched all bags and frisked people on the way in.

For a long while, I've thought we should be doing that at all large sports and entertainment gatherings including all major football grounds including the King Power.

Surely it is a decision for the French. As Hollande has declared 3 days of national mourning, I can't see them wanting to go ahead with a meaningless fixture.
True but they can't say that they don't want to if it's a non starter in the first place. That's what I meant. But of course they will consult the French IF they think it is viable to go ahead for security reasons. So then if the French say no or yes they will announce it as a joint decision, whatever that may be.

The UNICEF game at Old Trafford today is now I imagine on high alert, but all tickets were sold a while ago so hopefully there will be no incidents.

But they don't need to be in the ground to kill people. They would probably be far more successful doing it in the crowds after the match.

Agreed. Which is why I'm surprised (and relieved) the terrorists didn't go for the crowd after the game as they would probably have killed more.

Don't be fooled by the fact we are an island, I knew someone who worked for Customs and Excise. He was responsible for all the small harbours , by small I mean fishing harbours, north of Edinburgh, an impossible task for one man as there are dozens of them. No doubt security has been tightened up since then, but the fact remains the security services cannot cover every single entry point into the UK. Yes we are more difficult to enter, but someone determined to do harm will find a way.

Don't be fooled by the fact we are an island, I knew someone who worked for Customs and Excise. He was responsible for all the small harbours , by small I mean fishing harbours, north of Edinburgh, an impossible task for one man as there are dozens of them. No doubt security has been tightened up since then, but the fact remains the security services cannot cover every single entry point into the UK. Yes we are more difficult to enter, but someone determined to do harm will find a way.

I think what I have already said agrees with that Borderfox?! x

Agreed. Which is why I'm surprised (and relieved) the terrorists didn't go for the crowd after the game as they would probably have killed more.
Quite definitely. One dead from three suicide bombers at the stadium because they were denied entry, so at least that aspect seems to have been working.

Jeff said:
I was about to post a long rant about about the evils of religion,......

Fine. As long as you don't blame everything that happened in Paris on that alone.
Without wanting to turn this thread into a debate, when you read ISIL's translated, so-called 'justification' for the Paris atrocities, it is absolutely 100% based on religion so, having pondered it over the weekend, I fail to understand what you are trying to say.

Without wanting to turn this thread into a debate, when you read ISIL's translated, so-called 'justification' for the Paris atrocities, it is absolutely 100% based on religion so, having pondered it over the weekend, I fail to understand what you are trying to say.

To blame it 100% on religion would be to absolve the terrorist scum from having any free will at all. Undoubtedly religion (or misinterpretations and extremes of it) plays its part but the perpetrators and plotters and planners like to use that as justification. It is their twisted view of it that they often seek to use as a 'reason'.

Sometimes people are just rotten to the core evil murdering ****s.

God botherers cherry pick the bits of their made-up books they think their God would believe in. Regardless of what brand of sky pixie the book is about, they all advocate evil and horrors.

This is what happens when you give credence to a pile of horseshit spread about by a load of Iron Age illiterates, sent through numerous revision processes, had most but not all of the conflicting shit removed and then pumped out to reinforce the power base of those in charge of said sky pixie.

I'm going to commit mass murder in the name of Dawkins, said no atheist ever.

"Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary."

Sometimes people are just rotten to the core evil murdering ****s.

So where are all the non religious suicide bombers?

You get the occasional mass killing where the killer commits suicide (seems to be mostly an American thing), but for it to be organised like this takes religion.

I bet none of the people involved in this would have gone on a killing spree if it wasn't for religion.

They believe they're the good guys. They're doing what 'god' wants and will be rewarded for it. The people who disagree with them are the evil ones.

Religion should be treated the same way as other ridiculous belief, not given the special status it has where people are afraid to say something that might be considered offensive.

One of the things that pisses me off after an event like this is all the "pray for..." nonsense that takes place on Twitter etc.

What good is praying for Paris going to do?

A question for all the people who believe in praying:

If you prayed after the last disaster, and the one before that, and the one before that, why do you think they keep happening?

Is it:
1. Your god isn't listening.
2. Your god doesn't care.
3. Your god doesn't exist.
4. Your god is on the side of the terrorists.

If it's 1, 2 or 3, why do you keep praying to him? Is it because it makes you feel like you're doing something about it, so you can feel good about yourself?

If it's 4, your praying is probably making him madder, so you'd better stop doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566