Our striker problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
To get back on thread i dont think MDV should be brought back because if he played and didnt do anything the fans would be on his back.

Its the same as DC, some on here have suggested they wish they had never sold him but when he was here most though he was shite and glad of the money!

i would still be glad of the 3 mill if we had spent it on a good player.

as for MD there is no point, hopefully MM will be able to sanction money to buy a real footballer

this has gone so far off topis a mod needs to do thier duty. just close the fecker because its utter cack

It's a legitimate deabte about LCFC

The fact that some of the stuff on here I personally find to be complete bollox is irrelevant

i would still be glad of the 3 mill if we had spent it on a good player.

as for MD there is no point, hopefully MM will be able to sanction money to buy a real footballer

Not in January he won't. No chance

Even in the summer he won't be splashing out millions, so we had better get used to that fact. One of the downsides of MMs wonderful PR campaign is that he has now raised expectations (amongst some people) to such a level that he cannot possibly deliver

I think to give such a big racist label to so many people is just boll*cks, players get booed and stick for not performing or are not good enough regardless of colour, a minority may give them a label for their race and never like them, but that is the same in society not just football. The Mark Bright comments come from the 80's and society and footballs views on racism have come along way.
IMO some players can do no wrong as they have shown either commitment, consistant performances or done something great in the past that will always put them higher than other players. Look at Tommy Wright (the young one now at Barnsley), a cult hero with most fans with his name chanted whenever he was just on the bech, some of this is from the from his namesake but most from scoring one goal against Forest, but he was a very average player if that. Hume has cult status because he stands out above all the others for his hardwork and obvious skill (IMO our only match winning player at the moment) so is forgiven for mistakes. It can also relate to a chant, Rooster Russell is probably the biggest I can think of, not the greatest player, but scored a few important goals and everyone enjoyed chanting his song. It also works the other way, some players do not seem good enough, so no matter what they do it will never be good enough. Ormonroyd, Phil Gee, Skippy (Oldfield for those younger readers), Guppy, Philpott, all not the greatest players, but played some important roles for this club, but never became fans favourites.

I think to give such a big racist label to so many people is just boll*cks, players get booed and stick for not performing or are not good enough regardless of colour, a minority may give them a label for their race and never like them, but that is the same in society not just football. The Mark Bright comments come from the 80's and society and footballs views on racism have come along way.
IMO some players can do no wrong as they have shown either commitment, consistant performances or done something great in the past that will always put them higher than other players. Look at Tommy Wright (the young one now at Barnsley), a cult hero with most fans with his name chanted whenever he was just on the bech, some of this is from the from his namesake but most from scoring one goal against Forest, but he was a very average player if that. Hume has cult status because he stands out above all the others for his hardwork and obvious skill (IMO our only match winning player at the moment) so is forgiven for mistakes. It can also relate to a chant, Rooster Russell is probably the biggest I can think of, not the greatest player, but scored a few important goals and everyone enjoyed chanting his song. It also works the other way, some players do not seem good enough, so no matter what they do it will never be good enough. Ormonroyd, Phil Gee, Skippy (Oldfield for those younger readers), Guppy, Philpott, all not the greatest players, but played some important roles for this club, but never became fans favourites.

correct i agree

Last edited:
Careful all City fans might be labelled with being sexist!

Bet the fun just never stops in your house.........

Almost as funny as some of the jokes the bloke behind me tells to his wife and son. I have never heard so much utter bollox about football come from just one man...and I have met BG! :icon_wink

Midfielder, really

Still remember a great curling shot into the net from a long way out against somebody or other

Ran like a big girl, though

We are talking about David Lowe ex Ipswich,got injured in pre seaon against Monchengladbach was out for a while

getting the ratio of black to white players who have joined the club and seeing which ones got stick would prove feck all. your just grouping players by their race and its fuuking ridiculous.

so if it turned out more of the black players got stick how would you prove that these players actually deserved the stick because of their FOOTBALL ability.

this whole debate is a joke. i notice BG has decided to stay away from it recently, i think we should all follow this.

oh and i love levi porter :eek: shock fecking horror. however if he turned into the worst player ive ever seen hed get some due stick.

also i go to footy with someone who is fairly racist, for his own reasons justified or not, however he tells it exactly how it is and has NEVER EVER picked a player out for his colour, if the player is shit he will say he is shit black or ****ing white.

I am working............. will be on with a vengence later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670