Our striker problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't say all LCFC fans are racist,its just like any walk of life some are whilst others aren't.Its wrong to boo any player IMO be that Black,white,orange or purple but I think booing of players seems to happen more down LCFC than it does at other grounds.

Sadly true, in recent years

The fans (that still actually go) now have such a mentality that booing is the norm, and pretty much expected. I suspect that most people hang on until the final whistle just so that they can boo the useless feckers

Never used to hear it - a few moans and graons but not co-ordinated booing. It's one of the many things that has gone wrong over the past few years

Sadly true, in recent years

The fans (that still actually go) now have such a mentality that booing is the norm, and pretty much expected. I suspect that most people hang on until the final whistle just so that they can boo the useless feckers

Never used to hear it - a few moans and graons but not co-ordinated booing. It's one of the many things that has gone wrong over the past few years

Maybe its easier to criticise than to support...I don't know:102:

A perfectly understandable sentiment. But being a Leicester fan, I am part of the group that Mark Bright pointed the finger at. It is therefore my responsibility to disprove his theory and remove that label from me, you, and all the others he made the accusation towards.

I'm struggling to disprove his theory

But where is the proof that he is right?

I accept at the time he was at the club there was probably 'institutional' racism, but it was also a greater problem in society in general. Perhaps I have been 'lucky' but I personally have heard a racist remark twice in the last 20 or so years at City, OK that's two times too many but these were isolated events made by idiot individuals who were not patted in the back by those around but rather told to shut up. In my experience players have been criticised whatever their colour/race/creed/religion etc, we can put a rubbish player into almost any demographic, especially at the moment.

Maybe its easier to criticise than to support...I don't know:102:

Never used to be like that, HF - it is a culture that has only surfaced recently.

Spawned by complete and utter ineptitude, maybe, but we were truly shite in the old days (Pleat and McLintock) and I can't remember it being as bad then

Never used to be like that, HF - it is a culture that has only surfaced recently.

Spawned by complete and utter ineptitude, maybe, but we were truly shite in the old days (Pleat and McLintock) and I can't remember it being as bad then

Indeed and on that last day against Oxford when we needed to win to stay up the Crowd and the support virtually scored the goal that kept us up,from what i can remember we played awful but the crowd gave the players just that bit of belief.I dread to think what would happen now if it came down to needing to win our final match

What a load of bollox, BG trying to keep his controversial poster award!!

City fans will dislike players that do not put in any effort, forget about nationality or skin colour.

IMO the players that seemed to have been booed the most this season have been Maybury and Low. Both who have been shite and both are white.

You could suggest City fans hate any Scottish Players or players who have played in Scotland

Williams
MDV
Momo
Rab
Maybury

or they hate Australians

Tiatto (slagged off for too many bookings)
Wesoloski (crowd turned against him against Sunderland)
Henderson (People still think he is shite, just not as shite as our other goalies)
Kisnorbo (fans turned against him at the beginning)

Indeed and on that last day against Oxford when we needed to win to stay up the Crowd and the support virtually scored the goal that kept us up,from what i can remember we played awful but the crowd gave the players just that bit of belief.I dread to think what would happen now if it came down to needing to win our final match

Tony James scored the winning goal, i suppose all the fans booed because he was black :icon_roll

Last edited:
getting the ratio of black to white players who have joined the club and seeing which ones got stick would prove feck all. your just grouping players by their race and its fuuking ridiculous.

so if it turned out more of the black players got stick how would you prove that these players actually deserved the stick because of their FOOTBALL ability.

this whole debate is a joke. i notice BG has decided to stay away from it recently, i think we should all follow this.

oh and i love levi porter :eek: shock fecking horror. however if he turned into the worst player ive ever seen hed get some due stick.

also i go to footy with someone who is fairly racist, for his own reasons justified or not, however he tells it exactly how it is and has NEVER EVER picked a player out for his colour, if the player is shit he will say he is shit black or ****ing white.

That if Leicester fans were racist we wouldnt have put Tony James as the saviour that he was

But I was on about then as compared to now.I'm not saying that all LCFC fans are but some are just as some Cov,Forest,Derby etc fans are.I was making the point that Fans are quick to boo any player nowadays be them any colour

Last edited:
this has gone so far off topis a mod needs to do thier duty. just close the fecker because its utter cack

this has gone so far off topis a mod needs to do thier duty. just close the fecker because its utter cack

Some of the opinions may be cack as possibly is this thread. However I will not close it down. ;)

To get back on thread i dont think MDV should be brought back because if he played and didnt do anything the fans would be on his back.

Its the same as DC, some on here have suggested they wish they had never sold him but when he was here most though he was shite and glad of the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669