Paul Dickov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't an act of betrayal after the club had stuck by him RE La Manga, as some people are saying. Dickov had been forced to leave by the club because of another unrelated incident.

So, in theory, if Dennis Wise was still playing and became available, and it was thought could help our team, you would welcome him back?

Just wondering.

If you would take him back then fair enough. Point taken.

Please explain how you can compare Wise with Dickov? That's bizarre.

Please explain how you can compare Wise with Dickov? That's bizarre.

Because I was asked to differentiate between personal feelings towards a player and what that player could do on the pitch.

Thought Wise would be a good example to test that theory (in theory!).

We had just been relegated and he got offered a contract in the prem, late in his career, probably for more money, for a fee triggered as a release clause in his contract.

Also, I can imagine that his missus would have been happy for him to leave behind the mess of La Manga and start afresh. That is just human nature.

With regard to Leicester City, if any player were to come in and improve the squad and give us an improved chance of getting out of the god-forsaken division we find ourselves in, I would welcome them with open arms.

Because I was asked to differentiate between personal feelings towards a player and what that player could do on the pitch.

Thought Wise would be a good example to test that theory (in theory!).

Except that Wise was completely feckin useless for us.

Wouldn't read too much into that.

Howard scored our goal in that game but that doesn't make him Lineker.

Or the fact that he scored 10 goals last season (source - Jeff earlier in this thread).

If Howard was Lineker we would be in the prem, or he wouldn't have joined us in the first place...

Who scored the winning goal for Blackpool in the away fixture against us last season?

Well who was manager of the team that won on the last day of the season that DID send us down?

None other than NP and we can't hold a grudge against him now can we so Dickov's contribution to our demise was the same as many others last season. We just have to put it behind us and look forward with the players and management team in place and get behind them .

I'm not bothered one way or the other if Dickov comes or not BUT one thing that he does guarantee and that he gives 100% for the team he plays for and he probably has one more season left in him. BUT he won't be the same player as he was although he may have to put up with being a benchwamer and brought on late in games

If any single player in the whole world could play a gauranteed pivotal role in helping this club get back to the Championship/Premier League, then I'd have him.

Players I really like always leave this club for pastures new, I'm fed up with spending energy liking players just for them to let me down. For the past few years I've turned off my emotions when it comes to the c**ts that play for us.

Now I don't care who they are, just so long as they get the job done. At the minute they aint doing that, and I don't give a flying f**k who they get in just so long as they're effective.

If any single player in the whole world could play a gauranteed pivotal role in helping this club get back to the Championship/Premier League, then I'd have him.

Players I really like always leave this club for pastures new, I'm fed up with spending energy liking players just for them to let me down. For the past few years I've turned off my emotions when it comes to the c**ts that play for us.

Now I don't care who they are, just so long as they get the job done. At the minute they aint doing that, and I don't give a flying f**k who they get in just so long as they're effective.

D'Accord...

So you would, in theory, welcome Dennis Wise back to the club if it was thought he could help?!

Sorry, being an idiot, I'll shut up now!! It's just that no-one would answer that scenario!

So you would, in theory, welcome Dennis Wise back to the club if it was thought he could help?!

Sorry, being an idiot, I'll shut up now!! It's just that no-one would answer that scenario!

I would welcome back anyone that would improve the football team...

Dennis Wise and his string pulling monkey tried to take this club down**, and in essence came very close. So he is a different prospect.

But if I was given a cast iron guarantee that he would single handedly get us into the Prem within the next three years, then yes, of course I'd have him back.

** Slightly OTT but you get my drift.

Dennis Wise and his string pulling monkey tried to take this club down**, and in essence came very close. So he is a different prospect.

But if I was given a cast iron guarantee that he would single handedly get us into the Prem within the next three years, then yes, of course I'd have him back.

That's fair enough then.

I thought as Mr Monster had the winding up order served on us due to Mr Wise not being paid wages for the period that he was 'wrongfully dismissed (!)' that this was fact.

I'd have him back, great player for us and I think he could still do a job, not only in this league but in the Championship as well.

Such cast iron guarantees are a good thing. I'm surprised that more managers don't seek out players with so good a guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669