Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want the cnut here, I'd much sooner have NW. But Ince might just work, can't see it myself, but he might.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want the cnut here, I'd much sooner have NW. But Ince might just work, can't see it myself, but he might.

I Liked CL when he first came, and agreed with Kelly's appointment at the time. so maybe going with someone i don't want makes sense... :icon_conf

But Ince might just work, can't see it myself, but he might.

Well, so long as his work involves nothing more than me handing my ticket to him as I pass through the turnstile, then fair enough.

How do you come to that conclusion?

When he took over they were well adrift at the bottom of the table and looked certainties for relegation. Since he took over they've had top half form.
He was only able to work with the players he had, so that kind of transformation is remarkable. If he was working under a director of football with experience of this level, who had a good eye for players to sign (such as NW), he could do well here. I'm sure all the people who hate him will change their mind if he comes here and gets us promoted.

When he took over they were well adrift at the bottom of the table and looked certainties for relegation. Since he took over they've had top half form.

Sorry Jeff, but he only avoided relegation today by virtue of another team's results. do we really want to take that chance next season.

I know I don't.

And they were nearly down today as well.

I remember us being nearly down before RK took over and we all know what happened there.

Loved Les Ferdinand, but two inexperienced managers, surely MM is too smart for that.

Surely we have seen enough of inexperienced and witless mnanagers sine MON left.

NW wants the job and has had a decent response.
Coleman will continue the drinking culture that is finishing Stearmans career before it starts.

Ince will be crap. This is not about him being black, all about his lack of experience.

He was only able to work with the players he had, so that kind of transformation is remarkable. If he was working under a director of football with experience of this level, who had a good eye for players to sign (such as NW), he could do well here. I'm sure all the people who hate him will change their mind if he comes here and gets us promoted.

How long has he been there?

While my personal opinion of Ince is very low, my biggest conern is his lack of experience. He may well become a great manager, but i would think we would now have the ability to attract a manager with experience and a decent reputation, and not have to take the greater risk of an up and coming prospect.

If he gets the job, i will support him, and would be only too happy to praise him if he does well. But if i was choosing the manager, i would not be considering Ince.

Sorry, but Ince only just managed to avoid relegation, has a lack of experience, ie none at this level and so is not the man for me and there is very little that will change my opinion.

They stayed up by 2 points. Even if they had lost they would have still stayed up, also they got a draw at home to Notts County and if you look at the league tables you would have expected County to win.

Thats not the main thing anyway, he managed to keep them up after them being so far adrift, he did it at Macclesfield so it is not as if he has had a shed load to spend on players which shows he can obviously get the most out of what he had.

As Jeff says, with a more experienced head as a Director of Football, he could work out to be a very shrewd appointment.

Last edited:
I'd like to have Ince here, but I don't really know why.

I think because he is a "tough guy" type character and we've had too many managers recently who come across as a bit of a soft touch (RK in particular).

But I do think he'd need an experience Director of Football to help him with signings. Although MM does have plenty of contacts and may be able to help with that anyway.

I'm more undecided than ever. I was desperate for us to get a *manager*, such as Wortho, but now I'm not so sure.

I suppose it's a choice between a safe pair of hands and steady progress (so says the head) and someone who might, or might not, be an exciting high-profile appointment like Ince (follow the heart).

The only thing I do know is that if Billy Davies becomes available, he'd by my first choice by miles. And I'd still think about Newell as well.

I hated Paul Ince as a player, hated him with a passion. Complete self obsessed c*nt. He has done nothing to prove he is a good manager either.

However, if, and only if he comes here as our next Manager, I'll wipe his slate clean and get behind him. It's what he does here that I care about, not what he's done elsewhere. I'll let him fall on his sword before I start berating him. Paul Ince isn't big enough to hinder my support for the club

Fair shout, MF....I'm with you.

I'm with Melts and Bob. Although, I would still prefer to see Sven @ The Walkers, with Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69