Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Person will be able to pick them up after this, he struggled after a purple patch in Feb/March.

Your idea of 'purple patch' obviously differs from mine.

Thank you Homer. I may reply in full later but that will more than suffice for now.

EDIT - King and James have been almost faultless over the past 5-6 games.

I thought Holloway's suggestion was bad enough but to say these 2 should be replaced makes Greg come across as sane.

Absolute madness of the highest order.

Did someone say that?

We've got a young, inexperienced side that clearly fell away somewhat at the business end of the season. However when you analyse the squad, there are so many players who'd never (before now) contributed to a full season of competitive football, let alone one in the championship. De Laet, Moore, Keane, Drinkwater, James, Schlupp, Marshall, Vardy, Knockaert all players that will benefit hugely from this season. We might not be able to keep Keane so with the addition of a centre back, a left back, an experienced midfielder and forward I can see us being very strong next season.

Move on Beckford and Danns and replace them with the above and our squad will not only be better but also that bit larger.

Nigel seems confident:

"I know what needs to be done in the summer.
"I am confident I will get the opportunity."

Last edited:
You've not seen an improvement in Morgan since his Forest days? De Laet, James and Drinkwater all look much better players than the ones than joined us too, to me. King has really developed over the last few months and Schmeichel is a far better keeper than when he arrived from Leeds. I'm surprised people can't see the makings of an excellent side with a couple of experienced additions next season.

Yeah, this. Some of the suggestions on here make me despair. Holloway? Kean? McClaren?! Jesus Christ.

I think you are right Durham, the young lads in the squad will have learn a huge amount this season. It has had everything you could imagine.

We need a bit of experience and more quality in some key areas but other than that I am quite sure we do have a squad that will be all the better for this seasons experience.

Pearson lacks tactical flexibility and awareness imo, however I'm not so sure that is a huge problem at this level, we simply need more experience amongst the young lads, positive experience not big time charlies who only care about a pay cheque.

The key thing for me know is getting rid of the likes of Beckford, Danns, Vardy, Gallagher and Wellens. There are some good players to be had out there that won't rip the bank balance a new arsehole, so let's go forward and be positive.

Hughes record is far, far superior to NPs. Steve Kean is an excellent coach, I didn't suggest him as manager. Several months ago, I suggested that NP recruit him as coach. If he'd done so, some of our obvious issues may have been addressed.

NP is very capable at sorting out a team in the shit. He did it with us, Southampton and Hull. I'm sure he'll do it again. But he isn't any good at anything more and has never achieved anything more than that.

Would you seriously prefer NP to MON or RdiM? Or even your preferred other, be that Powell or Lennon or whoever? After almost 200 games, haven't we seen what we need to in order to know NPs limitations?

If we're in the same position in a years time, do we go again, and again, and again? When do you say that we could do better? Or don't you believe that we can?

Personally I don't think we can do better than what we have. I seriously don't see NPs so-called 'failings' as that bad. In fact, I believe had he been left in the job after guiding us to play-offs a few years back then we would be in a far better place than we currently are.

I want NP to be given time to build. I believe that the players he is buying represent a far rosier future at our club than that of either Susan or Sven.

If we are in this position next season then I would start considering that perhaps a change would be needed. I know some will start screaming that the owners will be long gone by then, but then, that's a totally different argument. I want a sustainable football club please!!

RdiM will not come to Leicester, forget it. MON may do, but we'd have to pay him a fortune to do so and my head says that that would not be right. Mark Hughes is totally overrated IMHO and the others you mention are a joke - almost as funny as Neil Lennon coming back...

Stick with Nigel I reckon...

......The key thing for me know is getting rid of the likes of Beckford, Danns, Vardy, Gallagher and Wellens. There are some good players to be had out there that won't rip the bank balance a new arsehole, so let's go forward and be positive.

I don't think that getting rid of Danns should be too difficult and, if the Mercury is to be believed (WHAT AM I SAYING??????), Beckford may be on his way but, I think that any manager, would have their work cut out trying to off load the other three. It is a long time since Gallagher has shone in a first team, Vardy is to go because it doesn't appear that he can cut it at this level and Wellens is somewhat passed his prime. Why would anyone offer them a wage commensurate with what they're pocketing here and, without considerable inducement, why would any of them settle for less?

Just out of curiosity, does that mean you were fully supportive of Craig Leveine before he was dismissed?

To remind you, at the time we had no wins in ten league games and we were stuck in the bottom three.

Yes. Not thrilled at all but I was all for giving him more time.

Yeah Joe Hamill, Peter Canero and Momo Sylla were really beginning to show us the promise to get out of this league we have desperately craved for the past 10 years.

I really wish we still had them and the manager that had the amazing foresight to sign them rather than the likes of De Laet, Knockaert & James et al.

You've not seen an improvement in Morgan since his Forest days? De Laet, James and Drinkwater all look much better players than the ones than joined us too, to me. King has really developed over the last few months and Schmeichel is a far better keeper than when he arrived from Leeds. I'm surprised people can't see the makings of an excellent side with a couple of experienced additions next season.

Morgan is no better or worse than at Florist. He was poorer when he joined us because he'd spent the season out through injury.

De Laet is no better than he was the day he joined us. He's still positionally incompetent and cannot mark. Aside from that, he's an okay right back.

James hasn't improved as a player because of NP at all. He's said himself that he suffered from a lack of confidence due to injuries he'd suffered and it is only with consecutive matches that he's developed.

There is a strong case that both Drinkwater and Schmeichel have got quite a bit worse under NP. I recall watching both play prior to working for him and both impressed me more then. NP has totally destroyed Schmeichel's distribution.

King has been a better player under NP than he was under Sven. Who knows if he'd be better or worse had he never worked under NP.

Shall I list players who've turned to total shite under NP? The list is quite a bit longer than yours.

So if a player improves under us it is down to them personally but if they deteriorate, then it is Pearson's fault.

I'd quite like to see the list of players that have turned shite under us though and how you measured their success prior to them joining us.

Personally I don't think we can do better than what we have. I seriously don't see NPs so-called 'failings' as that bad. In fact, I believe had he been left in the job after guiding us to play-offs a few years back then we would be in a far better place than we currently are.

I want NP to be given time to build. I believe that the players he is buying represent a far rosier future at our club than that of either Susan or Sven.

If we are in this position next season then I would start considering that perhaps a change would be needed. I know some will start screaming that the owners will be long gone by then, but then, that's a totally different argument. I want a sustainable football club please!!

RdiM will not come to Leicester, forget it. MON may do, but we'd have to pay him a fortune to do so and my head says that that would not be right. Mark Hughes is totally overrated IMHO and the others you mention are a joke - almost as funny as Neil Lennon coming back...

Stick with Nigel I reckon...

I haven't even gone there with the financial demands making it promotion quick or meltdown. At least you acknowledge that it's a factor, unlike most of the 'do-nothings'. Waiting until NP lucks out isn't an option.

I guess if you think that this is as good as it gets, we may as well keep NP. It makes me sad though that there are fans out there that have given up on anything more than average, drifting, nothingness.

So if a player improves under us it is down to them personally but if they deteriorate, then it is Pearson's fault.

I'd quite like to see the list of players that have turned shite under us though and how you measured their success prior to them joining us.

I agree that it's a pointless exercise and you cannot prove a thing either way. It wasn't my idea. But suggesting that NP recruits shite to average players and turns them into gold is plainly preposterous. Just consider the awful, total decline with zero sign of improvement of someone like Marshall.

As an aside, there is a case that pretty much everyone NP, or to be more specific, Steve Walsh, recruits are flaky players. So many drift in and out of form like a cloud passing over the KP.

I haven't even gone there with the financial demands making it promotion quick or meltdown. At least you acknowledge that it's a factor, unlike most of the 'do-nothings'. Waiting until NP lucks out isn't an option.

I guess if you think that this is as good as it gets, we may as well keep NP. It makes me sad though that there are fans out there that have given up on anything more than average, drifting, nothingness.

Yours is one of the opinions on here I normally most admire and certainly take notice of. This is one which divides us. I really feel that another changearound is exactly what this club doesn't need. I also feel that NP has shown me enough that in time, he will get it right and we will be a much stronger club thanks to having stuck by him.

Not the worst manager we've had in 25 years at all. We were extremely unlucky to go down that season and the blame does not lie solely at his feet. Palace were not worse than us in the last stage of the season. We were above them in January and they finished comfortably above us. I knew that suggestion would gain this kind of reaction from a large swathe of the supporters who can't see past our relegation season but the fact is he's taken Blackpool to the Premier League, small team or not, he got them to the highest level of English football. He then took them to the play off finals after their relegation season when no one thought they could get anywhere close and he's on the verge of taking Palace their too. Most teams in this league would seriously consider him and whilst he is a jester in front of the media, he does a job and he does it effectively.

As Homer said, he was the manager that took us to our lowest ever position so that makes him our worst manager.

We weren't unlucky to go down, we deserved it. He had a transfer window to get things right but he signed bollox players like Lakzo and Bori and then on the last day fielded an absolutely bonkers team.

The large swarthe of supporters see sense, not some crazy idea to go back to our shittest manager.

So he's got one promotion and a failed play-offs. Pearson has got one promotion and 2 failed play-offs but he doesn't have the tag of taking is to our lowest point ever. He actually got us out of the shit that some so-called funny football manager got us into but instead of sticking with him, you want to go back to the fool that took us there in the first place??

He is not on the verge of taking Palace up, they have declined steadily since he took over and I would be very surprised if they are even able to score a goal tonight, yet alone win and then beat Watford at Wembley.

Sideways step at best though more like a marathon back in my opinion, if you hadn't guessed already! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
His mandate was to get us promoted this year not build a squad for the future, the only young player that I could see on show yesterday fit to be in a PL team was probably James.

I agree that it's a pointless exercise and you cannot prove a thing either way. It wasn't my idea. But suggesting that NP recruits shite to average players and turns them into gold is plainly preposterous. Just consider the awful, total decline with zero sign of improvement of someone like Marshall.

As an aside, there is a case that pretty much everyone NP, or to be more specific, Steve Walsh, recruits are flaky players. So many drift in and out of form like a cloud passing over the KP.

100% agree on Marshall but to suggest others are saying Pearson has some kind of Midas touch is equally, if not, more preposterous.

No manager gets every signing right and ends up with a few duffers. I won't mention Man Utd's or SAF's but you could go through any 'top' manager and you could come up with a team of duffers they have signed.

I am not saying Pearson is the best, but he is by far the best that we have had in recent times. I won't start mentioning random names who we have no idea if they would come here or if we could attract here but using our previous managers as a benchmark of what is likely, I'm more than happy to stick with Pearson.

I wanted that penalty to go in as much as anyone and then to win at Wembley but we don't always get what we want. Look at Cardiff for example, big **** up last year, end up in the play-offs and balls it up. Almost made it but fell just short at the final hurdle. Instead of starting from square 1 again with a new manager, they stuck by him, made a few signings and went up this year and I see no reason why we cannot do the same if we stick with Pearson and get behind him.

I agree with Alex too, you do make some excellent contributions but this isn't one of them for me.

Last edited:
No manager gets every signing right and ends up with a few duffers. I won't mention Man Utd or SAF but you could go through any 'top' manager and you could come up with a team of duffers they have signed.

We sign decent players and manage to turn them into duffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669