Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I'm sick of seeing this Pearson out stuff.

Are you ****ing stupid?

We've been out of the Premier League for 10 years. In that time, we have got to the Playoffs twice. Both times under Nigel Pearson! Last time we lost in the playoffs, we got rid of Pearson.... and we went backwards. Now in Pearson's first full season back in charge, he's got us back to where we were when he was here.

So why, why, why would anyone think the right decision is to get rid of him AGAIN in the hopes that someone else would come in and do better? Hopes that are far from what we've seen over the last 10 years and countless staffing changes seem to have NO basis for believing in.

It's ****ing ludicrous.

absolutely spot on.

Interesting that the 'latest threads' reads

Rollercoaster season
Mancini to be sacked
Pearson In

Do Manchester City know something we don't?

Seriously though, unless the owners have someone great lined up (is MON up for the challenge), then I'd give Pearson another season.

despite a heroic effort by the players over the past week or two, we've fallen at the penultimate fence. pearson showed some tactical nouse with his placement of nugent over the two legs. i'm just left wondering why he failed to raise the team once the rot set in during feb. like most jobs, you tend to see how good someone is at theirs when there are problems. not sure anyone else out there ticks the boxes anyway but i'm sure we all feel this season was a missed opportunity. hull and cardiff more than ten points better than us ?? dont think so. i wonder how far the ambitions of the owners stretch? these past few years have cost them a pretty penny and if they really are the primary owners of the club, they arent a bottomless pit of cash.

the upcoming months will be interesting as ever. lets hope we can keep kasper, knocks, morgan, james and king. next year will be very tough and thereafter those dropping from the prem will have bigger para payments ? (and we will have FFP to put up with ?)

Luckily, what we think means **** all.

Sorry, but I'm sick of seeing this Pearson out stuff.

Are you ****ing stupid?

We've been out of the Premier League for 10 years. In that time, we have got to the Playoffs twice. Both times under Nigel Pearson! Last time we lost in the playoffs, we got rid of Pearson.... and we went backwards. Now in Pearson's first full season back in charge, he's got us back to where we were when he was here.

So why, why, why would anyone think the right decision is to get rid of him AGAIN in the hopes that someone else would come in and do better? Hopes that are far from what we've seen over the last 10 years and countless staffing changes seem to have NO basis for believing in.

It's ****ing ludicrous.

Sanity.

I think we have a far better team now than when we were last in the playoffs - Knocky, James perhaps Schlupp (as a forward) have the potential to be very good players...
We defintely, assuming no departures eg KS, need a left back, a centre back, a winger and a striker...
If we can move on the 6 or 7 non entities that should be a feasible plan...
One thing I will always give NP credit for is for is his ability to recruit decent talent without breaking the bank (Vardy being an exception on current performance)
I therefore vote NP in...

Last edited:
Whatever happens I hope we hear soon. If he is going to go on the basis of failing to win promotion them there's no reason to hang around. And if he's to stay on the basis that this season has represented good enough progress for the owners then they should say so soon. Uncertainty isn't much good to anybody.

Next season will be tough. I'd expect QPR with Redknapp to challenge and the same with Reading under Adkins. Wigan aren't short of a few bob for this level either. Forest, Bolton, whoever loses the play off final if it's not Palace will all fancy it too. I feel like we've been going backwards recently and that a change of manager is needed to reverse that. I'll be there either way, of course.

Last edited:
Whatever happens I hope we hear soon. If he is going to go on the basis of failing to win promotion them there's no reason to hang around. And if he's to stay on the basis that this season has represented good enough progress for the owners then they should say so soon.

Uncertainty isn't much good to anybody.

Well I'm still renewing my ST no matter what the outcome!

Keep Pearson, we just need to figure out how to be consistent. Keep the Faith.

Personally I can't believe that people would favour changing the manager, surely after experiencing the last 10 years as a Leicester fan is enough time to show you that changing managers doesn't work... especially ones who get us in the top 6.

We will get to the Prem under Pearson, even if we take as long as Cardiff did, and I'm a pessimist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670