Pearson In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think thers much ill will for St ledger, who seems a competent player when fit but is far too injury prone to rely on. Konchesky puzzles me too, he's been a perfectly good left back this season. In the case of Danns I assume any ill will is attached to the perceived view that he's a troublemaker in the dressing room, and really not a very good footballer. I don't think his 'other interests' help the perception of him when things aren't going too well either.

I don't think he was too happy about being on the bench. If he was he might have found himself getting plenty of game time. He's the type of player you need when things are going against you.

I don't think he was too happy about being on the bench. If he was he might have found himself getting plenty of game time. He's the type of player you need when things are going against you.

To be honest I was quite shocked that Konchesky didn't start the second leg. As much as I like Schlupp, he had a dreadful first leg at left back.

I think that the position is very simple:
Pearson discarded players who he didn't get on with;
he (and presumably) the owners did not splash out on strengthening the squad at the crucial time;
he was then left with insufficient options and the players on whom he relied were run into the ground;
the team did fantastically well in the circs to get as close as they did toget into the play offs and then a Wembley Play-Off but not quite enough fuel in the tank.

I doubt if Pearson is the type of guy who learns from his mistakes. He's not good on 'Plan B's' and set in his ways. But he has some of the strengths of the old fashioned manager breed.

It needs someone different to move the club forward ....but I'm not convinced we are in a good position to achieve that change.

To be honest I was quite shocked that Konchesky didn't start the second leg. As much as I like Schlupp, he had a dreadful first leg at left back.
He was carrying an injury wasn't he? NP went for someone who was fully fit, and does offer more going forward. Having said that, if Konchesky was fully fit I would guess that NP would have started with him at Watford.

He was carrying an injury wasn't he? NP went for someone who was fully fit, and does offer more going forward. Having said that, if Konchesky was fully fit I would guess that NP would have started with him at Watford.

Yeah I heard this but he was on the bench for both games, so couldn't have been too far away from full fitness. I would have taken the risk with it being what turned out to be our final game of the season.

I post very rarely, this is an interesting thread.... but I cant help thinking about our dire performances of Feb/March and puzzled me greatly that we can fail so spectacularly from playing some damn good stuff one month to playing rubbish for the next two, tactics by the management team went pear shaped, and ruined a season of hope, and I just wonder whether we might be subjected to the same again,
good managers see upsets in form and deal with them efficiently and quickly Pearson failed in that respect.

Were talking on talksport about the next Leicester manager and I assumed that meant an announcement had been made! Incidentally, they are convinced that Lennon would be interested in taking the job.

Were talking on talksport about the next Leicester manager and I assumed that meant an announcement had been made! Incidentally, they are convinced that Lennon would be interested in taking the job.

I would be delighted

Based on the fact he is a better manager than the current incumbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669