Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't decide if he should be sacked or not.

This run is absolutely horrific and realistically he should be held accountable. On the other hand, a new manager with a January window to splash desperate money around is very, very scary.

I think if I HAD to make a choice, I'd remove him. But it really would depend on who we could get. It could get much, much worse.

Not many people are more attractive management material for our Championship return than uncle Nige.

With the odds firmly in favour of relegation it would be foolish to get rid of such a great candidate, gerrim in.

I'm slightly confused as to when Matt_B became god and closed the Pulis thread (not that I want Pearson out or owt before anyone starts). Are posters not allowed to speculate any more?

I'm slightly confused as to when Matt_B became god and closed the Pulis thread (not that I want Pearson out or owt before anyone starts). Are posters not allowed to speculate any more?

He's an admin and Jeff only chooses the cream of the crop. Steven was also an admin, oh.....,....

(joke Matt!)

Not many people are more attractive management material for our Championship return than uncle Nige.

With the odds firmly in favour of relegation it would be foolish to get rid of such a great candidate, gerrim in.

Nigel Pearson certainly did a fantastic job in getting us promotion (something that I thought beyond him) but would he be able to convince, largely the same squad as saw us relegated, to perform again? I fear that we might slump in the way that Wigan have.

Jeff has asked in the past for threads to be labelled correctly as it automatically posts them to Twitter and poor labelling is confusing. It wasn't speculation, it was a poll. There is another Pulis thread elsewhere.

Indeed, I made my best ever joke on that thread and to see it closed is utterly heartbreaking. I had been building up to that moment for many years and many posts.

Going to have to wait another 20,045 posts, or the next solar eclipse to put it into perspective for non sad bastards.

Last edited:
Ta - Well I quite understand that people can find me an irrritating know all - and I tend towards a cynical view....but unlike the guy in question I hope I don't go after individuals rather than the views they express.

Ta - Well I quite understand that people can find me an irrritating know all - and I tend towards a cynical view....but unlike the guy in question I hope I don't go after individuals rather than the views they express.

Again, can you show me where I've done that?

Going back to the topic...

As people have previously stated, NP is probably best placed to lead us in the Championship next year, which is almost certainly where we'll be playing. The only concern I have then is what happens when (/if) we get promoted?

Will he have learnt from this year? Will we be the club that sacks a manager after promotion? Will he be given only the first 8 games, and then sacked if it doesn't look like we're progressing?

Nigel Pearson certainly did a fantastic job in getting us promotion (something that I thought beyond him) but would he be able to convince, largely the same squad as saw us relegated, to perform again? I fear that we might slump in the way that Wigan have.

If they are paid well...yes should be possible.

Its a weird situation. I sense that there is a growing consensus that Pearson is great for the Championship - and so are his squad. I think if the owners have sense as well as money they will a) keep him on to get us promoted and then part company b) lock up the cheque book in January.

However, you are right to see the risk - there ain't much in professional sport that isn't a risk...and also this is unchartered waters. I wouldn't know if any manager is sustainable if they keep losing and losing. I hope that we can go down fighting so that there is some spirit on tap for next season.... or can there still be a miracle? Beating Tottenham would be nice; beating Tottenham and Hull would have us revising our thinking!

Jeff has asked in the past for threads to be labelled correctly as it automatically posts them to Twitter and poor labelling is confusing. It wasn't speculation, it was a poll. There is another Pulis thread elsewhere.

Tapatalk wasnt telling me the label - I apologise...although would it not have been easier to just change the thread label?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669