Pearson Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've missed the point.

The bottom three clubs are the three promoted sides.

This is not a coincidence.

It's very tough for a promoted team. Burnley have the best excuse - they are light on finance.

We are supposed to have resources - the owners said so.

The club failed to do sufficient business in the summer

If we get relegated then it will cost a lot more than an extra £20m or so that was needed to buy say 3 more quality players to help bridge the gap.

I don't blame specifically Pearson. Others should have known better too. Pearson was hardly going to tell the staff that they weren't good enough - but without quality additions they are not. The best I've always thought we could do with current resources is about 17th - i.e. in spite of the fantastic start the position is not good.

My guess is that when managers have watched us- including the Man U game - they were not purring about our excellence but rumbling our weaknesses.

I understand that you find it difficult to fault the club.....but they went to sleep over the summer.

And what if we'd spent the 20m and still got relegated? We'd be a lot worse financially. I haven't not blamed the club, I don't see anything to blame, we are finding it difficult which is exactly as I expected it to be with a sensible approach. Just because we have more money than Burnley doesn't mean we should piss it away.

You've missed the point.

The bottom three clubs are the three promoted sides.

This is not a coincidence.

It's very tough for a promoted team. Burnley have the best excuse - they are light on finance.

We are supposed to have resources - the owners said so.

The club failed to do sufficient business in the summer

If we get relegated then it will cost a lot more than an extra £20m or so that was needed to buy say 3 more quality players to help bridge the gap.

I don't blame specifically Pearson. Others should have known better too. Pearson was hardly going to tell the staff that they weren't good enough - but without quality additions they are not. The best I've always thought we could do with current resources is about 17th - i.e. in spite of the fantastic start the position is not good.

My guess is that when managers have watched us- including the Man U game - they were not purring about our excellence but rumbling our weaknesses.

I understand that you find it difficult to fault the club.....but they went to sleep over the summer.

And you still haven't answered my point. Our fans are bemoaning our position, are the fans of those clubs around do you think? Or are they more pragmatic?

Vagina and Wes Brown to score a hat trick of OGs for us would be a nice start.

Burnley fans will be more understanding of their plight as it's purely down to resources, we have the added shitness of a negative approach to games.
Vagina ??? 😂

Those fans will be equally as panicked, I can assure you of that.

Not all
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110531703

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?184235-Are-we-3-or-4-players-short-of-becoming-a-Top-10-side&

Last edited:
Manager changes.JPG

Manager changes from last year (courtesy of @mikemccarthy).

Suggests that unless you have an idiot or a fascist in charge, sacking your manager doesn't do a whole lot of good...

A wise German once said.. I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.

Pearson needs to change the team's formation, performance level and results, in that order - or he'll be changed.

I was banking that a thread like this would have let me know if NP had lost the dressing room. Poor show - Redditch out!

I can't believe we've lost Moyes to Sociedad. If only we'd acted sooner we'd have had a chance.

And you still haven't answered my point. Our fans are bemoaning our position, are the fans of those clubs around do you think? Or are they more pragmatic?

Sorry, but you are asking the wrong and irrelevant questions.

Of course, we could have spent money unwisely but the owners should have in place staff who could invest shrewdly. Not wasting resources on giving new deals to the likes of GTF (what was all that about?); not bringing in the likes of Albrighton who couldn't get into a feeble Villa side - but was going to bring experience to our team!!!

We are short of quality; Pearson is struggling which I assume is down to a mix of inexperience at this level and his natural stubborness.

Hopefully, he will learn real quick - or we will be relegated which your posts infer is not much of a problem.

I was banking that a thread like this would have let me know if NP had lost the dressing room. Poor show - Redditch out!

Hold on a bit!

Not even had the call yet from the Thais.

Obviously if they are prepared to pay my day rate then I will be happy to put them right.

Sorry, but you are asking the wrong and irrelevant questions.

Of course, we could have spent money unwisely but the owners should have in place staff who could invest shrewdly. Not wasting resources on giving new deals to the likes of GTF (what was all that about?); not bringing in the likes of Albrighton who couldn't get into a feeble Villa side - but was going to bring experience to our team!!!

We are short of quality; Pearson is struggling which I assume is down to a mix of inexperience at this level and his natural stubborness.

Hopefully, he will learn real quick - or we will be relegated which your posts infer is not much of a problem.

They aren't wrong or irrelevant at all, they just aren't ones that fit in with your view.

It was part of his previous contract that he had to be offered a new one if he played a certain number of games.

Thanks - I recall now that this was said on the forum. Not sure whether the club confirmed it....but no matter my view is that it was a highly frustrating summer from a fans point of view with the club having a focus on retaining the services of existing players on the back of a view reiterated constantly by Pearson that they were good enough for the Premier League. Well it doesn't look that way now!

He seems to be having a miserable time shuffling the pack and trying to come up with a combination which will stop losing (having abandoned much hope of scoring a goal - leaving his main striker devoid of the services of his wingers and not having midfielders able to create much.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669