Pearson to be sacked in the next 5 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the long term they deny google lots of search data, which is currency in their business, but the long term loss of reputation will not be easy to overcome, since Jobs left Apple has made some staggeringly bad decisions.

Not as bad as Citeh's.

They've made too many "strategic" decisions and not enough product ones. They appear to have forgotten the end user.

Last edited:
You could also make the same comparison with Pearson and his predecessor. Maybe we should get Sven back.

Like I said earlier (if you had bothered to read) Sven was on his way down the management chain and had been for some time, Redknapp is pretty much at the height of his career.

Crikey, people are strange.

If you randomly asked 100 supporters, 100 players, 100 managers, 100 chairmen, etc, whether they'd think Leicester would have a better chance of promotion and then survival in the Prem managed by Redknapp or Pearson, the vast majority (90%+) would say Redknapp. He's proved miles more than NP ever has or is ever likely to. To suggest anything else is barking mad.

If the Thai's talked to HR when we were in the midst of losing 4 out of 5 games, including a horribly humiliating cup exit, they were doing their job a lot better than last year when they sacked Sven with no Plan B. NP knows the score. He's got to get us promoted this season or he's out. If we look unlikely to get promoted, he'll go, whenever that judgement is made.

I've no idea whether NP is the right man for us, nor do any of you. It's guesswork, hoping and predicting. HR could end up here and be a disaster in the same terms. But odds are, he'd be a better bet than most because he's got an excellent record of improving sides with a bit of cash.

At the end of the day, the Thai's own the club and can do whatever they like. If they think HR is a better bet than NP, it's their money and their prerogative. To say you won't support the team if they do make a change is suggesting that whatever goes on is in any way anything to do with you. It's not, we support, they decide.

At the end of the day, the Thai's own the club and can do whatever they like. If they think HR is a better bet than NP, it's their money and their prerogative. To say you won't support the team if they do make a change is suggesting that whatever goes on is in any way anything to do with you. It's not, we support, they decide.

I feel like there are some logic holes in that argument....

Like I said earlier (if you had bothered to read) Sven was on his way down the management chain and had been for some time, Redknapp is pretty much at the height of his career.
What! He has well documented heart problems and was effectively sacked from his last job. If he's at the height of his career what the hell is a move to Leicester about? Surely the minimum he would want is a team with a good chance of European football. Or perhaps he realises he's not that good and fancies one last good payday with a club whose owners are loaded but not very savvy. It's Sven all over again. I despair, I really do.

Crikey, people are strange.

If you randomly asked 100 supporters, 100 players, 100 managers, 100 chairmen, etc, whether they'd think Leicester would have a better chance of promotion and then survival in the Prem managed by Redknapp or Pearson, the vast majority (90%+) would say Redknapp. He's proved miles more than NP ever has or is ever likely to. To suggest anything else is barking mad.

If the Thai's talked to HR when we were in the midst of losing 4 out of 5 games, including a horribly humiliating cup exit, they were doing their job a lot better than last year when they sacked Sven with no Plan B. NP knows the score. He's got to get us promoted this season or he's out. If we look unlikely to get promoted, he'll go, whenever that judgement is made.

I've no idea whether NP is the right man for us, nor do any of you. It's guesswork, hoping and predicting. HR could end up here and be a disaster in the same terms. But odds are, he'd be a better bet than most because he's got an excellent record of improving sides with a bit of cash.

Spot on.

Like I said earlier (if you had bothered to read)

I didn't read that because this thread seems to have grown by about 200 posts since I last read it and I don't have time to read them all.

Sven was on his way down the management chain and had been for some time, Redknapp is pretty much at the height of his career.

I don't pay much attention to what happens in the prem so I haven't seen a Spurs team for a while (apart from their cup match at Carlisle last week), so I'm not in a position to make a knowledgeable comment about Redknapp. But I imagine Spurs fans are, and I was looking at some of their forums last week and I was surprised how much they seemed to be pleased he had gone. Their main complaints seemed to be a that he wasn't good when it came to tactics, and he wasted a lot of money on players who weren't good enough.

My main reason for not wanting Redknapp though, is continuity. Pearson seems to finally have got the squad he wants, and has them playing well. A change of manager would be a disruption and could lead to another wasted season with the new manager trying to instil his own ideas.

Ok he got sacked but he finished 4th, he didn't have them underachieving. No one thought Spurs would finish in the top 4 before the season kicked off and he got sacked because he overachieved for the first 3/4's of the season. He didn't do a poor job and Villas boas will do very well to finish 4th this season and I very much doubt he'll better it.

Plenty of manager's have had heart surgery and still manage including Ferguson and Allardyce, it's a concern but it shouldn't prevent someone being employed and actually there's laws against that.

I've said I don't think he'll come here because he is too big for us. If we did it would certainly be a swoop. Just because he is taking time out for a while doesn't make him poor. Guardiola is taking a year off (and didn't renew his contract at Barca simply because he knew deep down it would probably end up with him being sacked and so he left in order to protect his stock). Martin O'Neill took time out too. Redknapp probably will go to a Premier League team, I still think he'll end up at Southampton or QPR. However, he may fancy a new challenge...if he does, it doesn't mean he's crap or a has been

So you think people should just blindly support their board and continue putting their money in no matter what? You think Blackburn fans shouldn't protest the shambolic way their club is being run because it's not up to them to make these decisions?

Which local news program was this? This doesn't seem to be being reported elsewhere which, given Redknapp's media connections, you'd expect it would be if there was anything in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670