Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stringer saying they have requested to talk to Leicester and Leicester have refused to talk.

Also said that Polish bloke still wants to buy the club and they are unsure if they are linked.

Mandaric unable to talk to Leicester.

Pearson could've asked for assurances about his position if this guy does take over, as i believe he has a reputation for hiring and firing.

Just speculation but something has happened behind the scenes if Pearson does leave.

If and when Pearson does move to Hull, I would not be surprised to see the likes of Waghorn, Vaughan, Spearing and Cleverley all turning up there on loan.

According to a Hull fan on another site the reports have said that Pearson will take his backroom staff.

The guy stringer spoke to on the radio last night said hd had been told by Hull that the manager they were after wanted to bring his backroom staff with him.

Last edited:
The guy stringer spoke to on the radio last night said hd had been told by Hull that the manager they were after wanted to bring his backroom staff with him.

The local rag in Hull claim compo has been agreed for NP, CS & SW

So you see it similarly to the current financial mess the whole world is in right now - it's not the fault of the people that took out second mortgages and massive loans so that they could have the speedboat, it's all the fault of the banks for lending them the money and governments for not stopping the banks doing it. Nothing to do with the people who thought they deserved a speedboat because they earnt 25K a year but couldn't manage their own financial affairs.

Reckless spending will always end in tears. The rest of the world now realizes that, but football continues to live in a fantasy bubble. The sooner that bubble is popped, the more chance we have of clubs like Leicester existing in a few years time.

I've been able to look after myself during this recession because I have never lived beyond my means. But I'm being punished by paying higher taxes and having services cut because other people are greedy feckers who can't take responsibility for themselves and think (rightly it turns out) that someone else will always bail them out.

I stand by the point that anyone in football who "demands more" at this point in time is a selfish **** and an enemy of football. They are risking the existence of clubs that pay them so handsomely, and they are risking the jobs of the many people at those clubs that actually need the money, unlike the multi-millionaires that take these risks.

If Nige really was ambitious, he'd stay at Leicester and wheel and deal, proving what a good manager he is, not jump ship to the first tin pot club that makes big promises that, over time, they won't be able to keep.

Good to read some common sense.

The obvious conclusion that I draw is that NP wants out - and this has appeared to be the 'between the lines' situation over the few weeks of the close season.

It doesn't really matter why he wants out but the probable reasons are that MM doesn't want to risk much more of his own money and NP is taking a strategic view that he has a better chance of promotion with Hull.

I don't blame MM and I don't blame NP - and it's interesting that NP doesn't seem to think that he is likely to move directly from City to a Prem club - which suggests to me that he thinks that it's currently as good as it gets at The Walkers.

Unfortunately there has been a sea change in the game which makes it very difficult for a club like our's to achieve on-going success - although I'm not sure that Hull are likely to fare much better.

If and when Pearson does move to Hull, I would not be surprised to see the likes of Waghorn, Vaughan, Spearing and Cleverley all turning up there on loan.

Plus Jack Hobbs as their new centre half at the start of the season
Possibly Kingy in their midfield

Plus Jack Hobbs as their new centre half at the start of the season
Possibly Kingy in their midfield

I would like to see them afford that.

I would like to see them afford that.

No reason why offers of near a million pounds each wouldn't be accepted by MM, and that money would be unlikely to be able to attract anyone of similar quality. NP could easily take Morrisson and Fryatt with him too.

Although I will be Gutted when NP and his backstaff leave for Hull.I would like to thank them for bringing back The PASSION and BELIEF back to the WALKERS!!.

AND i just pray that whoever we find as a replacement can keep us moving in the right direction.and not spiralling out of control like Pearsons Predecessors.

and please please please not Mowbray,Jewell,Coleman or Southgate.

I'll wait until we find out who replaces him before I start to worry. Milan may just suprise us by not appointing a total cock.

Is Mandaric saving his pennies for his tax bill with the compensation going into the fund...

Everyone was underwhelmed when Pearson came so I'll wait and see

Underwhelmed being an understatement. The waiting game seems a wise choice, though many appear to be ready to jump off the nearest bridge or poo in Milan's car.

Underwhelmed being an understatement. The waiting game seems a w*s* choice, though many appear to be ready to jump off the nearest bridge or poo in Milan's car.

It's the end of the world don't you know. And a nightmare.

It's the end of the world don't you know. And a nightmare.

I'm on my way to the Co-op for razor blades, vodka and some painkillers. Usually I'd go to ASDA as its cheaper but if NP goes then finances will be the last thing I'll care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566