Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club is bigger than the manager. I was looking forward to a period of stability, gutted about that.

I know i maybe clutching at straws,but did Pearson really have any intentions of signing a new contract?

My gut feeling is no,and all this talk about having no funds to spend was his outlet to get another job.

Officially bored of it now... piss off and take your stupid ****ing hair cut with you.

As has been mentioned, the real concern is that Pearson is desperate enough to get away that Hull looks attractive to him.

yep all the evidence points to this been true and pearson early next week wont be our manager unless he himself changes his mind.

my question is tho how did this probably play out.

is it a case pearson would have contacted hull? or they approached pearson (whilst he is employed).

Well I never.

Sounds to me like the perfect opportunity for Milan to leave picking a successor until just before the start of the season, thereby avoiding any significant outlay on the transfer market to me.

Unexpectedly encouraging news for us.

yep all the evidence points to this been true and pearson early next week wont be our manager unless he himself changes his mind.

my question is tho how did this probably play out.

is it a case pearson would have contacted hull? or they approached pearson (whilst he is employed).

Pearson was waiting for the right offer to come along IMO.

He didnt commit to us after the play off sayin that its up to Leicester where we go from here.

Yes, this is most disappointing news. And as others have mentioned the fact that Pearson sees the Hull job as a more secure prospect than that of City is sobering and probably an insight into just how potless we are.

I have no idea who will take over, but if I were a betting man it'd be Dowie. And if that isn't reason to be miserable I don't know what is.

I can't actually believe he's considering moving away from us! All the work he has done for the club, winning League One and then transforming us into possibly one of the best in the Championship! And now he wants to feck off to HULL!?

Thanks Pearson

I can't actually believe he's considering moving away from us! All the work he has done for the club, winning League One and then transforming us into possibly one of the best in the Championship! And now he wants to feck off to HULL!?

Thanks Pearson

I think that Pearson is overrated. Sad to see him go in some respects, but going to Hull speaks volumes for his ambitions. If he was such a good manager, why does he stay at Leicester, get us promoted and then take a plumb job in the premiership?

His biggest and costliest mistake, which shows a real flaw in his management skills, was the handling of DJ. Instead of integrating into the team and having a Championship quality striker to call on, he:

- loaned him out to a side that he helped to gain promotion to the premiership
- replaced him with Kermorgant and an injury-prone Vaughan
- used his obvious personal dislike to impact adversely on the team

I think that Pearson comes across as a 'good' manager because of his performance on tv/radio when he is interviewed. He sounds reasonably coherent (compared to most of not so eloquent peers) and sensible. In reality, I think the likes of Di Matteo and Martinez are streets ahead of Pearson.

I think Hull will struggle, languishing in mid table, and with it will go Pearson's reputation.

I like the job that Kenny Jackett has done at Millwall on limited resources. The same could also be said for Nigel Adkins (weren't we interested him a few vacancies back?)

I think that Pearson is overrated. Sad to see him go in some respects, but going to Hull speaks volumes for his ambitions. If he was such a good manager, why does he stay at Leicester, get us promoted and then take a plumb job in the premiership?

Pearson has more chance of managing in the Premiership with Hull than with us.

His biggest and costliest mistake, which shows a real flaw in his management skills, was the handling of DJ. Instead of integrating into the team and having a Championship quality striker to call on, he:

- loaned him out to a side that he helped to gain promotion to the premiership
- replaced him with Kermorgant and an injury-prone Vaughan
- used his obvious personal dislike to impact adversely on the team

WTF ... what planet are you on? DJC was given ample opportunity to shine at City, despite his obvious and well documented dislike of the club. I think Pearson tried his hardest but unfortunately, there is only so much polish you can put on a turd before you realise that it is still only a turd.

I think that Pearson comes across as a 'good' manager because of his performance on tv/radio when he is interviewed. He sounds reasonably coherent (compared to most of not so eloquent peers) and sensible. In reality, I think the likes of Di Matteo and Martinez are streets ahead of Pearson.

Media bites are no measure of a manager. (For references, see MA2 and IH). What made NP stand out as a good manager is his ability to bring out the best in, largely, untried players, to appoint a top rate back room team to unearth gems and his ability to work the loan market to such a high degree. Add on to that an instant return to the CCC and missing out on a play off final by a penalty shoot out. That is what has put him onto the radar of club chairmen up and down the country

I think Hull will struggle, languishing in mid table, and with it will go Pearson's reputation.

I think Hull will return to the Prem, thus enhancing NP's reputation, along with Forest and possibly Cardiff. Not us though I fear.

I like the job that Kenny Jackett has done at Millwall on limited resources. The same could also be said for Nigel Adkins (weren't we interested him a few vacancies back?)

It may have escaped your notice but we haven't got any money. We will not be looking at existing managers, more likely the bargain basement of unemployed has beens ... Dowie et al.

Last edited:
Yes, this is most disappointing news. And as others have mentioned the fact that Pearson sees the Hull job as a more secure prospect than that of City is sobering and probably an insight into just how potless we are.

I have no idea who will take over, but if I were a betting man it'd be Dowie. And if that isn't reason to be miserable I don't know what is.

We'll also be out of the world cup in 3 hours?

Pearson was waiting for the right offer to come along IMO.

He didnt commit to us after the play off sayin that its up to Leicester where we go from here.

My answer to this would be why did he get Andy King to sign a new deal and why did he show Tom Kennedy around the club two weeks ago?

This suggests that if anything did happen, it's been in probably the past ten days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570