Pearson's on the Monday Mong Fest Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of that but I have no idea how you come to that conclusion with beckford.

Not a conclusion. But I suspect that he was pushed out of the door by Everton who didn't want him but liked the money we offered - and I also think that he wasn't that keen to come here.

Would make sense. They got him on a free, and we paid £4mill. Would have been stupid to have turned it down.

Would make sense. They got him on a free, and we paid £4mill. Would have been stupid to have turned it down.

£4mil was quoted in the press, but i'm sure it was clarified as being around £2.5mil?

The Palace fans I knew/know who are regulars rated him 'magnificent' when I lived there - should hve clarified that..

Yes, but we're Leicester and no player is good enough: were we to sign Messi, it wouldn't be long before he was described as work-shy and surplus to requirement. :icon_bigg

Yes, but we're Leicester and no player is good enough: were we to sign Messi, it wouldn't be long before he was described as work-shy and surplus to requirement. :icon_bigg

Messi is a lazy git who relies on his team to set him up. Not good enough for us!

The Palace fans I knew/know who are regulars rated him 'magnificent' when I lived there - should hve clarified that..

Whenever I've seen Danns playing for Palace against us in recent seasons he has always stood out as their best player. I was really pleased when we signed him. He hasn't lived up to that potential yet but I'm sure he will before the end of the season.

Whenever I've seen Danns playing for Palace against us in recent seasons he has always stood out as their best player. I was really pleased when we signed him. He hasn't lived up to that potential yet but I'm sure he will before the end of the season.

I think that the problem is we wouldn't know whether Fernandes and Danns are capable of being first choices unless they were given a decent run - say at least 6 games. But so far neither Sven nor Pearson have been prepared to give King & Wellens a lengthy spell on the bench. As for the guys brought in from Man City and semi retirement respectively - well if neither can get match fit by now, I doubt if they ever will - and I see them in the Sven's old pals brigade category. But as we approach Christmas i don't want to appear too cynical!

According to the BBC looks like Waghorn is going to feature in the team come January.....doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope.

According to the BBC looks like Waghorn is going to feature in the team come January.....doesn't fill me with a great deal of hope.

NP was quite emphatic on Monday night that Waghorn has a definite future at the club.

I don't rate Waghorn but I would sooner him be on the bench than Howard.

I agree with that sentiment, but I think this suggests he'll be in the starting 11 and Beckford on the bench.

not exactly inspiring news though

The lad showed some promise when he was here under NP, so I don't mind him getting another crack at it. If he's played up front when he gets his chance and not shoved out on the wing as he was under Sousa and Sven, then he might be able to progress like the majority of fans seemed to think was possible a while back.

I can't imagine he would have been much worse up front than Beckford has been so far this season. I'm not really sure he's what we need, but you never know.

The lad showed some promise when he was here under NP, so I don't mind him getting another crack at it. If he's played up front when he gets his chance and not shoved out on the wing as he was under Sousa and Sven, then he might be able to progress like the majority of fans seemed to think was possible a while back.

I can't imagine he would have been much worse up front than Beckford has been so far this season. I'm not really sure he's what we need, but you never know.

He's hardly set the world alight at Hull. I know he's been injured but he scored only 1 goal in 5 appearances. Hardly the type of form to merit an instant recall into the starting line up. Now I know Beckford has struggled to settle but I think he's shown a lot of promise in recent weeks and I think it's definitely worth persisting with him rather than rocking the boat again.

I think a lot of opinions on Beckford are being affected by his price tag, history and his horrendous first few performances.

Since West Ham I don't think he's done a whole lot wong. Had he been in a better performing side he might have had a few more goals to his name.

I think a lot of opinions on Beckford are being affected by his price tag, history and his horrendous first few performances.

Since West Ham I don't think he's done a whole lot wong. Had he been in a better performing side he might have had a few more goals to his name.

That's enough of your complete nonsense, thank you very much

We all know the way forward is Howard and Waghorn up front, being supplied by Super Richie Wellens through the middle, and Lloyd Dyer on the wing

How could that possibly fail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670