Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than most on the bookie's list anyway.
Looking at the odds on offer Hiddink is favourite (3/2) with Lennon second favourite (2/1).

Cotterill is next at about 5/1.

Then Di Matteo at 18/1.

What do they know that we don't?

Looking at the odds on offer Hiddink is favourite (3/2) with Lennon second favourite (2/1).

Cotterill is next at about 5/1.

Then Di Matteo at 18/1.

What do they know that we don't?
The name of their family pets maybe (if they have any). Things like that.

The club owners have possibly heard of Hiddink, maybe not of Lennon.

The odds reflect the market more than any knowledge the bookies might have.

It was suspicious though that very short odds appeared on Pearson being sacked the day before it happened.

Equally though, Frankie Detorri in the Derby on a three legged donkey might well start out at 1000-1 but if a million housewives etc put £20 each on, I am sure they will quickly shorten those odds.

The club owners have possibly heard of Hiddink.

Possibly ?

He's a massive name in Asian football, almost a legend

Sadly for something he did donkey's years ago, rather than on what he could actually do now

I would contest that running a national team is more diffcult than a club team where you have them all day every day.

I do not think Hiddink has lost the ability to work with a club team just because he is a bit older.

Talk of Hiddink not being good enough for us is mental.

The same was frequently said of those who thought Sven would be an absolute feckin' disaster

Now who was right about that one ?

I think Guus may want one more opportunity to bring success to a club given his relative failures with The Netherlands. He's proven in the PL, even if only for a short while. I believe he'd do very well at Leicester as long as he's up for the challenge.

However I've read a bit about Bob Bradley and personally wouldn't mind him coming in. It seems like he possesses a lot of the good qualities that Nigel has, for example his ability to nurture and be like a father to players. For me, those two would be a dream team.

Steve Cotterill being anyway near lcfc is ludicrous. He's never successfully managed in the Premier League and to be honest I don't think the players would show him the same level of respect as they would a more established manager of NP. They liked NP and it would certainly be harder for Cotterill to gain respect.

Lennon, I can understand because he's managed at Celtic and in Europe with them as well as now steadying the ship at a troubled club in Bolton. I'd love for Lennon to do well but not sure he's ready. Either way he'd definitely give it 110%.

It's a shame about Cambiasso not wanting to manage. Though perhaps a player-coach role might be of interest. Cambiasso as player coach and Guus as head coach.

I think Guus Hiddink is about the best fit right now. Klopp would be fantastic but he's vey unlikely to come here. Lennon needs to prove himself more, he's someone we'd all like to see as Leicester manager one day but for now he should stay at Bolton and see if he can start lifting them up the table. He took over a ready-made success at Celtic and the Scottish Prem is a weak league to begin with.

I think Guus Hiddink is about the best fit right now. Klopp would be fantastic but he's vey unlikely to come here. Lennon needs to prove himself more, he's someone we'd all like to see as Leicester manager one day but for now he should stay at Bolton and see if he can start lifting them up the table. He took over a ready-made success at Celtic and the Scottish Prem is a weak league to begin with.
Not all of us want to see him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670