Speculation Pearson's Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much of an argument in that flimsy piece. Think it's more likely Betfair feel overexposed in some way.

Not withstanding the obvious flimsiness of the article, don't Betfair just match up punters with others who are willing to take their bet? How could they be exposed?

Not withstanding the obvious flimsiness of the article, don't Betfair just match up punters with others who are willing to take their bet? How could they be exposed?
I was under the impression that the ran their own book through their system. If not I guess they still have an interest in driving more activity through the site.

I was saying the other day that Clough would be a good shout for the under 21 job. He's a good but not great manager who does seem to have a knack with bringing youngsters on and doing well in cup competitions

I have no issue with Hiddink. He is a big name and a safe pair of hands and I'm sure would win the players respect.

But is he really the dynamic coach we need to take us to the next level? I would prefer we follow the Southampton model and get a young, innovative dynamic coach in the Pochettino, Koeman mould.

Has anyone mentioned Frank De Boer yet?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Klopp admits he's just a phone call away from managing in England. Let's hope our owners and board make the call.

What really baffles me ishy has nothing been said about the recent inclement weather?
Klopp admits he's just a phone call away from managing in England. Let's hope our owners and board make the call.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...-admits-just-phone-call-away-managing-England

Here's that article. Mentions any interested club doesn't have to be top 4 also. Sounds like a good fit for us to be fair. Surely this guy would be the number one candidate if we could get him?

But is he really the dynamic coach we need to take us to the next level?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Whenever I have come across someone who described as dynamic they usually turned out to be very foolish.

We have had dynamic innovative managers before - Martin Allen and Paulo Sousa.
I remember Frank McClintock replacing Jimmy Bloomfield. He was young and dynamic; sadly we reached the next level by being relegated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I have come across someone who described as dynamic they usually turned out to be very foolish.

We have had dynamic innovative managers before - Martin Allen and Paulo Sousa.
I remember Frank McClintock replacing Jimmy Bloomfield. He was young and dynamic; sadly we reached the next level by being relegated.

Mr G., I am surprised at you: such world weary pessimism! Frank McClintock was certainly younger than Jimmy Bloomfield but, I do not remember him ever being described as more dynamic. Of course, this could just be my memory: Jimmy was the first great City manager within my compass of awareness and I was devastated when he left... anyway, youth must have its head and I am quite willing to believe that Leicester's greatest manager is yet to be born. :)

This needs sorting this week. The players are back and we need to move on with our preparations for the new season, which is now just over 4 weeks away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669