People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no one is allowed to castigate Fox for being an utter ****wit, displaying godawful decision making and not abiding by the spirit of the Parliamentary Code of Conduct because it didn't involve the loss of billions of pounds?
molehill-mountain.jpg

If you have the time or the interest this report is interesting, damning and worrying. http://www.tullettprebon.com/Documents/strategyinsights/Tim_Morgan_Report_007.pdf

Damn stupid ideological nonsense more like. Since they seem so keen on external debt as a harbinger of doom, I'm surprised that they don't focus on the crisis that must be facing Luxembourg, where it is nearly 4,000% of GDP. But that would give the game away - most of this external debt is held by banks.

We might be ****ed - but it's not for the reasons they suggest, nor are their 'solutions' going to do anything except increase woe.

So I wonder exactly what you believe a politician has to do in order to lose their job, seeing as you believe his behaviour and lying is perfectly acceptable?
That is not for me to decide. In the same way it's not for me to decide who gets a post in the first place.

Even a molehill needs an exterminator calling in to deal with the problem. But for this to be the top news story when the country is mired in economic turmoil, and Wales are within one game of the World Cup final is frankly crazy.

When the next real news story breaks this affair will be buried under a huge pile of meh.

The current government want another go on it but for schools this time. Stupidity IMO.
As coincidence would have it, I've just had our school Governors report in my inbox.

Of the £409,402 of revenue the school had in the last fiscal year, £165,897 was from 'donations' i.e. 40%. As any parent whose child comes home daily with begging letters for concert tickets, photos, quiz nights etc. etc. will know, private finance is already a major part of their child's education.

Damn stupid ideological nonsense more like. Since they seem so keen on external debt as a harbinger of doom, I'm surprised that they don't focus on the crisis that must be facing Luxembourg, where it is nearly 4,000% of GDP. But that would give the game away - most of this external debt is held by banks.

We might be ****ed - but it's not for the reasons they suggest, nor are their 'solutions' going to do anything except increase woe.

You mean Luxembourg and their shady banking arrangements? It's a toxic wasteland of debt like most of Europe is now.

We spent unfathomable amounts on the "war on terror", when the banks can and will cause us a bigger problem. When the derivatives market goes tits up we really are in trouble.

We spent unfathomable amounts on the "war on terror", when the banks can and will cause us a bigger problem. When the derivatives market goes tits up we really are in trouble.

On this we agree - the banks and other financial institutions are continuing to mis-price and mis-sell a whole range of derivatives. Unless we're going to just let them all crash, the only sensible thing is to start to unwind the mess. Oddly enough, Tullett Prebon don't suggest this as a solution since they're part of the problem.

Can't see it happening.

Governments will do what they know best, print more and more money, stealing from the people and causing mass inflation.

As coincidence would have it, I've just had our school Governors report in my inbox.

Of the £409,402 of revenue the school had in the last fiscal year, £165,897 was from 'donations' i.e. 40%. As any parent whose child comes home daily with begging letters for concert tickets, photos, quiz nights etc. etc. will know, private finance is already a major part of their child's education.

Not disputing that private money is important for schools. It will be becoming even more important soon.

My issue isn't with the schools, it's with the PFI. They simply do not work. It's a long-term contract which involves parties in it for short-term gain. Someone I work alongside has worked on a NHS PFI hospital and assures me that the building will be in a terrible state by the 20th year of the contract. By that 20th year, the contractors will be long gone and the designs either bespoke/out of date that no-one can pick up the pieces.

That's without starting on the financial side of a PFI.

Not disputing that private money is important for schools. It will be becoming even more important soon.

My issue isn't with the schools, it's with the PFI. They simply do not work. It's a long-term contract which involves parties in it for short-term gain. Someone I work alongside has worked on a NHS PFI hospital and assures me that the building will be in a terrible state by the 20th year of the contract. By that 20th year, the contractors will be long gone and the designs either bespoke/out of date that no-one can pick up the pieces.

That's without starting on the financial side of a PFI.

You're absolutely right, and as parents we are only really interested in the school for the duration of our pupils attendance too.
The only way I can see of encouraging businesses into subsidising schools is via the tax system, which is kinda robbing Peter to pay Paul.
In my experience, companies are better directing their money to universities where they can get a tangible return through R&D and cherry picking talent.

So no one is allowed to castigate Fox for being an utter ****wit, displaying godawful decision making and not abiding by the spirit of the Parliamentary Code of Conduct because it didn't involve the loss of billions of pounds?

No. But he's probably doomed now that the Mail and Telegraph have started insinuating he's gay.

No. But he's probably doomed now that the Mail and Telegraph have started insinuating he's gay.

I think the way the word 'friend' has been used by all sections of the media since this story first broke has had that suggestion all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69