PES v Fifa-the 2009 battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a league 1 season as Leicester on world class difficulty. 1st at the minute by a country mile, lost only 4 games all season. First time I played Leeds a thrashed them 4-1 :icon_lol: they are currently languishing just above the relegation zone.

Leeds = 2nd bottom, me = 1st place finish. Didn't get anything at all for completeing the season though, which was rather annoying. I'm currently doing the 'be a pro' mode where you make a player and control only that player for 4 seasons. I'm currently Leicester's Reserves team captain and on great form :)

in my current predicament i probably would :icon_lol:

I always suspect you were a chutney ferret. I'll be wearing 4 pairs of pants if I make to that Walsall away game.

To clarify, FIFA's good but it's not good enough to put me off buying PES yet. There's a few quirks in the PES demo which could make it a poor game (the ball passes like lead and often falls short of a player and dribblers are less dribble like). FIFA still lacks the fluid movement of PES at it's best, it's slower yet it's motion capture on headers and tackling is superb and looks and feels the part. FIFA's AI has improved players make runs off the ball and the opposition work more as a team. PES of course has a 'momentum' policy with it's AI and that works. It's a challenge too. I think FIFA's 'Be A Pro' mode is poor - the camera angles stupid and it's 'Manager' Mode not ideal - there's not real achievement.

IMO having played both demos neither are different enough from 08 to warrant buying either.

SO basically if you had to buy one of the two and your already a PES fan you'd stick with what you know?

Exactly. But PES must buck up it's ideas on it's demo. Needs some tweaking in certain depts but it's too difficult to tell within 10 minutes.

IMO having played both demos neither are different enough from 08 to warrant buying either.

Us obbessives just want the players in date etc.

considering the game is usually better than the demo i am staynig on the pro evo side for now.

I'll wait for reviews of the actual game before buying though.

I haven't bought a FIFA for years, and despite biggin' myself up as a big PES man I went and got FIFA the other week. I think its really good, and I love the 'be a pro' option, me and a mate are getting a great strike partenership going for City.

Anyone else getting PES tomorrow then? Got an email from amazon saying it had been dispatched so fingers crossed it will arrive tomorrow!

I probably won't buy it but I'd like to check it out if someone I know buys it. I'm more than happy with fifa. I hooked up with some guys yesterday to do one of those 10 on 10 matches. Atletico Madrid Vs Man City. I was Elano in CM, we won 10-0 and I bagged to penalties (which I also won with two dangerous balls into the box)

hes the bloke who develops the game (nickname)

i do now own pes 2009 and have been playing on it-but i wil play on it somemore before posting my comprehensive and in depth review !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669