Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Powell swap Charlton for us? Charlton are on the up at the moment with Powell as manager, reasonable finances and a big enough ground, they could do what Southampton have done this year next season.

I am not saying he would. However we have gone backwards since he left and he and Charlton have gone forwards. Charlton could do a Southampton, even more reason to hire Powell. Charlton are not a bigger Club than City. :icon_wink

I'd hope if they were to get rid of Pearson they'd wait until there's a replacement lined up this time.

So we've taken one point from six when all six were really on a plate for us if we've had the initiative. NP took the decision to change our play for the game against Hull and this worked. Why he then persisted with the same tactic against two completely different and inferior teams is utterly beyond me. Nugent has been playing on empty for the last few games so we stick him on the left wing? What is that about, it is simply poor management. Just like he made a complete mess of the tactics and approach at Chelsea.

Playing Beckford on his own up front and then giving him crappy service is eventually going to demoralise him like it did when Sven did it. He was playing well and with confidence and NP has fecked that right up. The theory of playing Marshalll as our playmaker is too much pressure and expectation for him. Stick him on the right wing and let him learn and develop there.

Defensively, we've been exposed by Peltier playing too far forward all season and nothing appears to have been done about it. In the centre of defence, we've lacked authority and pace all season and none of the those that have played there have been convincing against anything other than the bog standard one up front opposition.

There is a lot wrong with this team and no real suggestion that the issues are being addressed. NP and his team may be good at recruiting players that suit their style of play and management but his record of adapting to others and improving them isn't impressive. What do we do now? Let him change the players around again in the summer and then bank everything on a good start? What if we don't make one?

This season was a very good opportunity to get promotion as the standard and opposition in the league is generally very poor. The fact that we've done the double quite comfortably against the strongest team in the league emphasises this. But we've been a horrible let down.

Have we ever spent this long outside the top league? It's not been a good few years has it and the general frustration of this is growing all the time.

Last edited:
To Chrissie Powell they probably are.

Not so sure about that.

The Leicester job has become a poisoned chalice. It's a bit like the Leeds job but probably worse.

The frustration at under acheievement is reaching tipping point. I'm not so sure now that fans are going continue to buy into the hype about us being top notch promotion challengers for next season. Pearson seems to be making some bad calls in terms of man management and tactics.

I wasn't best pleased to be told by a Chelses fan how well we played there. What he really meant was that we came and played a nice open game that played into their hands and didn't come to spoil and defend like terriers. Our strategy didn't seem lto reflect the Pearson of last time round.

Not at all. Just because you are hurting inside doesn't mean you should just give up and stop trying.

Maybe it's a generational thing?

Not at all. Unless you think I'm Gunga Din :icon_wink

I thought stiff upper lip and Gunga Din made good bedfellows.

As for giving up and it being a generational thing you may be right. Sounds like Beckford showed his frustration but you could argue that in order to be frustrated you have to care in the first place.

I don't think we have improve at all under NP. The sacking of Sven was far too early, saying that I think that the owners have to stick with NP through the closed season and into the next. It makes no sense to sack him at the end of this season.

So we've taken one point from six when all six were really on a plate for us if we've had the initiative. NP took the decision to change our play for the game against Hull and this worked. Why he then persisted with the same tactic against two completely different and inferior teams is utterly beyond me. Nugent has been playing on empty for the last few games so we stick him on the left wing? What is that about, it is simply poor management. Just like he made a complete mess of the tactics and approach at Chelsea.

Playing Beckford on his own up front and then giving him crappy service is eventually going to demoralise him like it did when Sven did it. He was playing well and with confidence and NP has fecked that right up. The theory of playing Marshalll as our playmaker is too much pressure and expectation for him. Stick him on the right wing and let him learn and develop there.

Defensively, we've been exposed by Peltier playing too far forward all season and nothing appears to have been done about it. In the centre of defence, we've lacked authority and pace all season and none of the those that have played there have been convincing against anything other than the bog standard one up front opposition.

There is a lot wrong with this team and no real suggestion that the issues are being addressed. NP and his team may be good at recruiting players that suit their style of play and management but his record of adapting to others and improving them isn't impressive. What do we do now? Let him change the players around again in the summer and then bank everything on a good start? What if we don't make one?

This season was a very good opportunity to get promotion as the standard and opposition in the league is generally very poor. The fact that we've done the double quite comfortably against the strongest team in the league emphasises this. But we've been a horrible let down.

Have we ever spent this long outside the top league? It's not been a good few years has it and the general frustration of this is growing all the time.

Good points well made.

Pearson would do well to study how Swansea play. There are no divas there but they play very attractive football, win games and fear no-one. If we cannot play like Barcelona can we at least try and play like Swansea?

Last edited:
Pearson would do well to study how Swansea play. There are no divas there but they play very attractive football, win games and fear no-one. If we cannot play like Barcelona can we at least try and play like Swansea?

That's not fair! That is not Pearson's game: you might as well ask Ben Marshall to play like Messi. (Now look what you've done; I'm defending NP! :icon_bigg

What the hells gong on ! First St.Ledger,then Matt Mills,now Beckford.Theres something very bad going on in our club,Whos to blame,and whats behind these goings on ,this year has been a total shambles, and me and many others like me (Season Ticket Holders would like some answers,Dont the lads get on with Nigel Pearson, well its got to be a dispute with the players and Pearson and someone has to get it sorted very soon or we wont hae a bloody club.

I wonder how much it has to do with the Sven 'Stars' coming in on silly wages compared to the old guard, but not putting in the effort or performances that such high wages should demand.

I wonder how much it has to do with the Sven 'Stars' coming in on silly wages compared to the old guard, but not putting in the effort or performances that such high wages should demand.

That's better! I am on the attack again. NP at least helped to develop any split between the Sven and pre-Sven players.

When NP first signed, he should have done what every mid-season new manager does, and let the temporary manager pick the side, until he had had a few days to train with the squad - instead, as we know, he put in as many of his old players as he could.

When NP first signed, he should have done what every mid-season new manager does, and let the temporary manager pick the side, until he had had a few days to train with the squad - instead, as we know, he put in as many of his old players as he could.

Bizarre.

Is that what you really think happened?

Pearson became manager on November 15th. Our next match was on the 20th. So he had five days to spend with the squad.

Then he made three changes for the next match. SSL replaced Bamba, Dyer replaced Danns, and Beckford replaced Howard.

So he didn't "put in as many of his old players as he could". He brought one in, and dropped one.

Bizarre.

Is that what you really think happened?

Pearson became manager on November 15th. Our next match was on the 20th. So he had five days to spend with the squad.

Then he made three changes for the next match. SSL replaced Bamba, Dyer replaced Danns, and Beckford replaced Howard.

So he didn't "put in as many of his old players as he could". He brought one in, and dropped one.

Stop using facts to defend PEARSON!!111!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669