Post Match Peterborough 2 v Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd appreciate some balanced views on Vardy. All I got was RL opinions on the way back from Northampton and they didn't appear to be complimentary. Is he really totally out of his depth?

Why don't you get down off your massive giraffe and stop looking down on RL?

I'd appreciate some balanced views on Vardy. All I got was RL opinions on the way back from Northampton and they didn't appear to be complimentary. Is he really totally out of his depth?

I think he is, some don't.

OK, so the handful is more like a Norfolk handful but my opinion still stands.

Mawsley, in reference to your first post, I have been and still am taught to treat everyone as equal which I do so I fail to see your point I'm afraid.

In reference to the game, which no one seems bothered about discussing, I'd say that Vardy was no worse than anyone else out there today. He was denied by a good save cutting in from the left although I would have hoped he would have scored from there but it was a good save. He was also inches away from connecting to a ball across the face of the goal which just needed any touch to put it in really but couldn't quite get there. He didn't really influence the game though and does appear a bit low on confidence but he is getting himself in scoring positions which is promising but needs to get his confidence back from somewhere in order to convert the chances in my opinion. A loan move down a league or 2 seems to be the best option at the moment.

As predicted by a few, this was a potential banana skin. Team fighting for their lives against their neighbours, they were bound to raise ther game. Six wins in a row is a hell of a big ask. Dissapointing result especially as we couldn't keep the lead, but lets not go overboard on the drama just yet.

Hey everyone we're still 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the game on the way back to the USA - should have gone back a day earlier. Vardy looked quite frankly out of his depth - would rather see Waghorn play although he missed a good opportunity near the end. Worried about Wood - NP was a little elusive in his post match interview - showed how much we missed him today. Would also rather see James instead of King as he seems low on confidence. Other than that, this our best team - hopefully just a bad day today and the other results really went for us with none of the top teams winning.

As for Vardy, I have never seen him play so I can only use the opinions of people on this forum, and other similar sites and the majority of posters are quite clear, he simply isn't good enough at this level. Why doesn't Futacs get a game ? Why doesn't Pearson give him a chance he surely can't be any worse, its very odd.

Missed a great opportunity here to go clear in second. Next set of matches could see is drop as low as 5th. Really need to pick it up over the next few weeks to cement our position in the top two. Thankfully the other teams around us are starting to splutter as well so no real damage done but we can't keep relying on others dropping points.

Move on, I seem to remember being beaten by Posh at about the same time of the year when we went up as Champions of League 1 so maybe it's a sign. We also seem to do pretty shite at Peterborough any way as these links show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17497351
http://www.11v11.com/matches/peterborough-united-v-leicester-city-28-march-2009-284752/
http://www.11v11.com/matches/peterborough-united-v-leicester-city-31-august-1993-291200/ (Blast from the past!)

Let's just beat Charlton, Blackpool, Blackburn, Ipswich, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Derby, Millwall, Barnsley, Brighton, Cardiff, Birmingham, Bolton, Palace, Watford, and of course Forest and see what position we end up in. I'd say it'll be top.

I'm Joe_Fox

Gutless shit from both players and manager, wrong team again and a spineless performance by our big time charlies.

On a side note the actions of the police at Stamford station was a disgrace, I hope someone takes it further.

Gutless shit from both players and manager, wrong team again and a spineless performance by our big time charlies.

On a side note the actions of the police at Stamford station was a disgrace, I hope someone takes it further.

Go on...

Back to your normal overreacting self then?

Not really, we were utterly clueless today. A neutral fan watching that game would question who is the team currently rock bottom. I suspect you didn't go to the game today, because if you had, you can understand why I said that going off the performance from this game, we would be lucky to get a play off place. Seriously, other than the chants, scoring a goal and the celebrations after the goal, the best part of the day was two drunken men singing about the Hinckley RAF, and his drunken mate correcting him on the number of bombers left. Really comical stuff.

I didn't go to the game but as soon as I saw the team I knew we would struggle.

We needed to grind out a result without Wood today and our answer to that is to play King in stead on James and Vardy/Waghorn in stead of a hold up player such as Fuctas.

Remarkable selection which yielded exactly what it deserved.

I'm sure there was a thread about this recently but I can't find it. The league table you're showing is wrong again.

With critcism regards the team, what do people suggest we do different? The way I see it was 2 in, 2 out with Vardy a downgrade on Wood and not much of a difference between King and James.

Can't understand Pearson recultant to play 4-4-1-1 with Koncky or Marshall in the free role.

I think Hazz that my post sums it up.

Wood has held up the ball well for Nugent over the last few games and has fed off him. I would bet all the horse meat in Findus that there was no link up play and a lack of understanding today up front.

I would also bet that King made no surging runs forward today and that was because there was no outlet for him. I bet he was anonymous.

Not playing a target/holding up forward was a mistake and was no doubt seen by everyone who saw the team sheet as such.

What has happened to James?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670