Post Match Peterborough 2 v Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't go to the game but as soon as I saw the team I knew we would struggle.

We needed to grind out a result without Wood today and our answer to that is to play King in stead on James and Vardy/Waghorn in stead of a hold up player such as Fuctas.

Remarkable selection which yielded exactly what it deserved.

Absolutely spot on. For about the tenth time this season, NP picked the wrong team/formation, etc. I'd guess the majority of supporters saw the line up before the game and disagreed with it. Some of our key players may also have seen the line up and wondered what the hell the manager was thinking.

Vardy, Marshall and King are all woefully out of form. We can carry one, possibly two, but no more. Whilst we may be competing for promotion, we're a team with five or six of the best players in this league, we've been extremely fortunate with injuries and suspensions and the standard of opposition is abysmal.

Cardiff are pretty average. They certainly have fewer quality players than us, yet they are pissing the league. Maybe they have a manager that knows which players to put on the pitch and is able to make them exploit the weaknesses of the opposition?

Absolutely spot on. For about the tenth time this season, NP picked the wrong team/formation, etc. I'd guess the majority of supporters saw the line up before the game and disagreed with it. Some of our key players may also have seen the line up and wondered what the hell the manager was thinking.

Vardy, Marshall and King are all woefully out of form. We can carry one, possibly two, but no more. Whilst we may be competing for promotion, we're a team with five or six of the best players in this league, we've been extremely fortunate with injuries and suspensions and the standard of opposition is abysmal.

Cardiff are pretty average. They certainly have fewer quality players than us, yet they are pissing the league. Maybe they have a manager that knows which players to put on the pitch and is able to make them exploit the weaknesses of the opposition?

Yay, you're back ans cheerful!

Yay, you're back ans cheerful!

I think there are at least a few of us that although are delighted with the position we find ourselves in are somewhat baffled by Pearsons continued reluctance to play what seems to be a blatantly obvious and rational team selection.

You would have thought that Pearson had some strange gravitas towards Vardy, Waghorn and King?

I think there are at least a few of us that although are delighted with the position we find ourselves in are somewhat baffled by Pearsons continued reluctance to play what seems to be a blatantly obvious and rational team selection.

You would have thought that Pearson had some strange gravitas towards Vardy, Waghorn and King?

King had a good game against Wolves so deserved to start. I've seen nothing from Futacs to show me he is any better than Waghorn or Vardy. The team selection made perfect sense to me. What staggers me is that you seem to think he shouldn't prefer players that he thinks add more to the team?

King had a good game against Wolves so deserved to start. I've seen nothing from Futacs to show me he is any better than Waghorn or Vardy. The team selection made perfect sense to me. What staggers me is that you seem to think he shouldn't prefer players that he thinks add more to the team?

Could you please clarify what Vardy brings to the team at the moment?

Please then explain the same about Waghorn.

King comes into the team and has one good game: ergo drop James who has been consistent for weeks.

Yep, all sensible to me Matt.

Whilst not being brilliant Futacs would allow us to continue playing a style of football that has been very successful in the last month, reverting to Vardy or Waghorn makes us change back to a style that had been more hit and miss.

Could you please clarify what Vardy brings to the team at the moment?

Please then explain the same about Waghorn.

King comes into the team and has one good game: ergo drop James who has been consistent for weeks.

Yep, all sensible to me Matt.

James was injured for Wolves. Until Wood came, Vardy and Waghorn were amongst our top assists. Whether touching like Vardy and Waghorn or not, it was hardly the ridiculous decision you are making it out to be. King was one of our top performers over the past few years and a fan's favourite, yet in typical fashion he is now the reason for all ills.

Whilst not being brilliant Futacs would allow us to continue playing a style of football that has been very successful in the last month, reverting to Vardy or Waghorn makes us change back to a style that had been more hit and miss.

Our style recently has been more reliant on Wood's passing and vision rather than simply his height, something I've yet to see from Futacs.

Futacs hasn't done anything to impress yet. I don't know why people assume he's some kind of goal machine.

I don't think anywhere anyone has suggested King is the reason for all our ills. This would be ridiculous seeing as he hasn't played consistently.

Waghorn will never score more than a few goals and Vardy is out of his depth at the moment.

As Biffa said we changed our system on the back of a 5 game winning run which is at least questionable.

All he had to do was play James and Fuctas and I am fairly confident we would have played better and to our strengths. Therefore we stood a better chance of getting something out of this game.

Futacs hasn't done anything to impress yet. I don't know why people assume he's some kind of goal machine.

When he's been given as many opportunities as Vardy then I'll agree with you.

It's not the end of the world, yet.
We are going to lose occasional games, games you think we should win, but it could be worse (could be better too). At least we didn't lose to a league rival.

Yeah, I'm trying to find positives from somewhere.

Last edited:
On a side note the actions of the police at Stamford station was a disgrace, I hope someone takes it further.

Some fans were without blame, 20 year olds singing about Harry Roberts is ****ing moronic. We were sat in the carriage that had the most trouble, if your hurl disgusting abuse at the police don't expect them to stand there. Respect works both ways.

I don't think anywhere anyone has suggested King is the reason for all our ills. This would be ridiculous seeing as he hasn't played consistently.

Waghorn will never score more than a few goals and Vardy is out of his depth at the moment.

As Biffa said we changed our system on the back of a 5 game winning run which is at least questionable.

All he had to do was play James and Fuctas and I am fairly confident we would have played better and to our strengths. Therefore we stood a better chance of getting something out of this game.

We didn't willingly change though did we? King was part of the "system" that beat Wolves, so actually we kept that part of the winning system. Wood was injured so had to be swapped. Futacs is not Wood and hasn't shown anywhere near the same qualities. Just because he is tall doesn't mean that he would be able to do the same job.

So really, we made one change to the winning system and that was enforced.

Some fans were without blame, 20 year olds singing about Harry Roberts is ****ing moronic. We were sat in the carriage that had the most trouble, if your hurl disgusting abuse at the police don't expect them to stand there. Respect works both ways.

I'm sure some fans occasionally get caught up in over zealous policing, but my experiences of fans getting in trouble has always been the same as this Drew. It's the same with the guy who got evicted for throwing a roll of sandwich bags. If you don't act like a twat, I've found that people rarely treat you like one.

Many of our fans were behaving like idiots on the train back.

"Peterborough's a shithole but at least we haven't seen a paki all day" was a common refrain on my carriage. They one I was close to on the journey back were all pissed and were pretty threatening, unsavoury characters. It's a shame there weren't enough police on the train to do anything about it. What an unpleasant job that must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669