Play-off semi-final 1st Leg - City 0 Cardiff 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Cardiff City - Play-off Semi-Final 1st Leg (Home)

Not a great result, we definitely didn't play our best football, but we need to stay positive. Winning 2-0 at Cardiff isn't impossible by any stretch of the imagination, there's life in this tie yet.

Spent half an hour arguing with a Tunisian restaurant owner trying to tune in the right channel, then I have to sit through this and now my holiday is ruined. And dirty Leeds are promoted too.

SHIT SHIT SHIT

There is of course hope but I personally am not optimistic.

Last edited:

I thought we came up fairly short today, especially in an attacking sense. The front three were largely ineffective and when fryatt came on, anything he tried failed to come off. Wellens played well but tries to many elaborate passes, shots etc. I thought Hobbs was absolutely outstanding and berner was not too far behind. I thought spearing was also fairly good, working hard, winning possession and keeping his passes simple. For me we need somebody like N'guessan in the side, who offers pace and power upfront. I thought Bothroyd showed us what we were missing today - although he was a cheating fecker!

Overall, dissapointing but all we have to do is to win a game by 2 goals. Definately achievable. Roll on wednesday!

That was shit, our negative approach to the game meant we'd need a win or penalties in the second game anyway

Cheer up lads, only half time yet. . . . .. . .

Cardiff were the better team, but how we didn't get an equaliser in the last 10 minutes is unbelievable. And whilst I don't think there were any clear-cut penalties, the Cardiff players need to learn not to swing their arms so much in the box.........

Shite performance, so negative.

although i watched on a poor stream,(stop start). it did look like up until they scored,we were 2nd best.for me king,dyer.were not at there best.but ill wait for those who went.

Just got back from the game and I have to say I was quite disappointed with the team selection and formation today. We were far too unadventurous and we were made to pay. Personally I didn't see the logic in a defensive approach because there's no away goal to try and keep out. We should have gone for it and we shot ourselves in the foot. I was at the wrong end for the penalty claims so don't know if we any should have been given or not.

I think Weale made a clanger for their goal. Not only did he fail to put together a wall but he also got beat at the near post. Totally unacceptable.

The only silver lining I can take from this is that now it means we have to go to Cardiff and attack rather than playing for a draw.

On another note I think it's tragic that we couldn't sell out the ground for a play off semi final. Where were the fans!?!?!

The tactics didn't work today but with injuries and suspensions I'm not sure what else Pearson could have done.

Only half time still. I've got a feeling that it's going to go to penalties.

That hurt.

Yet again this season, Jack Hobbs was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. And organising his defence, some of whom were 15 years his senior like a veteran. Far too good for this division. I fear that could be the last time I see him in a Leicester shirt. :icon_sad:

Still pressure's all on Cardiff.

They looked far better up front for me.

This is all bonus stuff people, remember that please...

This is all bonus stuff people, remember that please...

I realise this and no matter what happens it has been a fantastic season. I just expected us to actually give it a go today and we just didn't.

The positives were Hobbs, Berner and Searing who I thought all put in a sterling effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363